Gradel to Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now then, how about we get him back on loan?

I'm not sure why everyone keeps going on about Max having lots of potential. He's 22, not 16. He should have started to fulfill his potential by now. Remember, Fryatt is only a year older, Morrison and King are both a year younger - we don't hear the same thing being said about them, they're expected to be performing for real by now.

According to the Merc.....

Meanwhile, Gradel is expected to play for Leeds at Swindon tonight. He underwent a medical at Elland Road yesterday before discussing personal terms. A fee of about £250,000 is believed to have been agreed.

Pearson has always maintained he wanted to keep Gradel but now a fee has been agreed, the clubs are locked in further discussions as City want to include a sell-on clause.

Bet it's only that figure after appearances and add-ons etc.

Doubt we trousered much more than £100k

According to the Merc.....

Bet it's only that figure after appearances and add-ons etc.

Doubt we trousered much more than £100k

That'll get MM a decent lawyer for his upcoming case at least.

Why would it?

The club may not want a fee to be publicised because people will expect (at least) the same amount to be spent on new players. So it suits them if we're kept in the dark.

Most transfer fees seem to be undisclosed these days.

Why?

Because, the time honoured practice has been for clubs not to disclose fees when the fee is derisory - this helps to protect the reputation of both the selling club and the player.

I'm sure there may be other scenarios including the hypothetical situation that you instanced, but I doubt that they are so common.

However, when the accounts are published, we may be able to discern the amount received by LCFC.

I would be amazed if City picked up anything like £250k for Gradel - I agree with a post above, that there are likely to be some add-ons but I fancy that Leicester are initially getting nearer to £100k than £250k....and I wouldn't be surprised if it's less than that.

The deal has the look of getting someone off the wage bill who doesn't suit the manager. Unlike some others, I don't claim to get inside information from the training ground cat or someone else in the know- so I can only guess, but it looks to me like the money was needed to offset Solano's no doubt lucrative short term deal.

Why?

Because, the time honoured practice has been for clubs not to disclose fees when the fee is derisory - this helps to protect the reputation of both the selling club and the player.

I'm sure there may be other scenarios including the hypothetical situation that you instanced, but I doubt that they are so common.

However, when the accounts are published, we may be able to discern the amount received by LCFC.

I would be amazed if City picked up anything like £250k for Gradel - I agree with a post above, that there are likely to be some add-ons but I fancy that Leicester are initially getting nearer to £100k than £250k....and I wouldn't be surprised if it's less than that.

The deal has the look of getting someone off the wage bill who doesn't suit the manager. Unlike some others, I don't claim to get inside information from the training ground cat or someone else in the know- so I can only guess, but it looks to me like the money was needed to offset Solano's no doubt lucrative short term deal.

But you must have some information from somewhere to make such a baseless statement, so if not the cat then where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669