Grayson Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leeds would have a better chance of promotion this season with Warnock as manager.

Thats the way the game works - applies to both players and managers. Thats why they are on silly money.

I disagree, incidentally.

If they go on a similar run as us when Pearson took over, they've had it. Warnock will need to make an immediate positive impact.

Grayson may well have steadied the ship and got them going.

Still, opinion, arseholes, all that.

Re: Grayson Sacked?

Astonishing move by Leeds.............surely you'd have sacked Grayson at the start of Jan to allow the new manager the transfer window to switch things around. The again, when did logic ever have a place in football?

Perhaps they don't want to spend any money so intentionally waited until after the window had closed.

Astonishing move by Leeds.............surely you'd have sacked Grayson at the start of Jan to allow the new manager the transfer window to switch things around. The again, when did logic ever have a place in football?

They've sacked him after the window closed so that the new manager can't demand signings and the players that want to leave because of the sacking can't. Genius.

If the idea of genius is to have an unhappy squad of players the manager doesn't really want.

Could go either way to be honest but the more I think about it, the more I think Warnock is unlikely as he will want to shape is own squad and a Warnock and Bates combo is just asking for trouble.

They've sacked him after the window closed so that the new manager can't demand signings and the players that want to leave because of the sacking can't. Genius.

This and apparently it has been coming for a while, according to a Leeds fan I know. :102:

If the idea of genius is to have an unhappy squad of players the manager doesn't really want.

Could go either way to be honest but the more I think about it, the more I think Warnock is unlikely as he will want to shape is own squad and a Warnock and Bates combo is just asking for trouble.

My Genius comment was a joke, sorry I'll add a smiley :)

Incidentally, with warny known as Colin, an anagram of Kenneth bates is 'The bent snake'- almost as apt

From the Guardians "Fiver":

"I couldn't help but notice that Neil Warnock is the favourite for the vacant Nasty Leeds job. Would this be the same Neil Warnock that, upon hearing Nasty Leeds' relegation to the third tier, was quoted as saying: 'As a proud Yorkshireman, I'll be among the first to offer [Nasty] Leeds my commiserations. Well, I will as soon as I can stop laughing, anyway'" - Gav Hudson.

They're being linked with Lee Clark now and have apparently made an approach.

Not sure why he'd go there to be honest. If he turned us down, when we were probably in a stronger position than Leeds, I'm not sure if he'd want to go to Leeds either.... particularly with Bates in charge.

They're being linked with Lee Clark now and have apparently made an approach.

Not sure why he'd go there to be honest. If he turned us down, when we were probably in a stronger position than Leeds, I'm not sure if he'd want to go to Leeds either.... particularly with Bates in charge.

I think there is a lot more in the back story to why LC didn't come here, I'm fairly sure he was only offered a first team coach role with a Director of Football in place above him and City failed to convince anyone to take the DoF role which left Lee with no offer.

Play-off contendors maybe. Don't think they have the funds to be auto contenders next season though.

I don't think funds matter as much as some think. It certainly hasn't helped us mount a promotion challenge. Good management is far more important and there is nobody better at this level than Warnock. Clearly it's far too early to be saying any club will have an interest in the automatic promotion positions, but I'd be amazed if Warnock doesn't have Leeds somewhere in the promotion picture.

But Warnock isn't that good. I mean he's an excellent manager at this level, but you still need the players and the funds to add to those players. His Palace side were only about 6th before they went into admin and it took him years of slow building to finally get SheffUtd promoted. Warnock isn't just going to turn the current set of Leeds players into title contenders.

I can see them finishing around 6th or 7th next season but I'd be very surprised if they were auto promotion contenders.

They are only one win closer to the playoffs than us, if we win our next league game and they lose are we then back in contention?

Of course. Any side within a couple of wins of sixth is in contention. I don't see us making it, but the management and players should certainly be aiming for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669