Half time entertainment *new idea*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lazzer would win every time:icon_roll

No he fecking wouldn't.......... last pie? The very last pie?
Not a chance there BB, I would beat him hands down every time. The second the pie was in the air, I would be like a leaping salmon, and it would be eaten before I touched the ground.....:icon_cool :icon_bigg

No he fecking wouldn't.......... last pie? The very last pie?
Not a chance there BB, I would beat him hands down every time. The second the pie was in the air, I would be like a leaping salmon, and it would be eaten before I touched the ground.....:icon_cool :icon_bigg

Do salmon leap? :102:

Salmon are anadromous. This means that they are born in fresh water and they migrate to live in sea water.

A Salmon will return to the place it was born to spawn. To do this it will need to swim upstream, obviously this has certain hazards such as waterfalls and weirs. The Salmon has evolved over the course of time to be able to "leap" out of the water and up the waterfall to continue it's onward journey.

This is typically depicted in nature films with a grizzly bear awaiting on the edge of the waterfall to catch the leapin salmon.

- The above text is as a broken down version of a chapter in a 10,000 word essay I did on the Salmonid family of fish

The thread is about talking about half time entertainment. Some of the ideas people have posted may be a little extreme, but they're still on topic.

I didn't think my suggestion regarding the refreshments was any more "extreme" or off topic, but it seems to have been deleted along with the responses. It was an attempt (failed, obviously) to use humour to point out that half-time entertainment on the pitch is a bit pointless if most of the crowd are stuck in queues on the concourse. :confused:

Last edited:

feckin hell, and this from one of our future university students...:icon_eek:

Cheers Melton for putting him straight.....:icon_bigg His next lesson can be on the Archer Fish or Mud Skippers

I didn't think my suggestion regarding the refreshments was any more "extreme" or off topic, but it seems to have been deleted along with the responses. It was an attempt (failed, obviously) to use humour to point out that half-time entertainment on the pitch is a bit pointless if most of the crowd are stuck in queues on the concourse. :confused:

Nothing was deleted. :icon_roll Yes those responses were "extreme" or off topic because it is difficult to see any of them as a sensible suggestion. :icon_eek: Secondly please check the facts before you or someone else starts whining, again. :023:

Deleted ..... removed. Well it ain't there. OK I later found it had been placed in general chat, but that's not the point.

It is not "whining" to ask why one tongue in cheek post relating to the subject of the thread had been removed when there are a whole string of other "not sensible" suggestions, plus stuff nothing to do with the subject, still in the thread.

Salmon are anadromous. This means that they are born in fresh water and they migrate to live in sea water.

A Salmon will return to the place it was born to spawn. To do this it will need to swim upstream, obviously this has certain hazards such as waterfalls and weirs. The Salmon has evolved over the course of time to be able to "leap" out of the water and up the waterfall to continue it's onward journey.

This is typically depicted in nature films with a grizzly bear awaiting on the edge of the waterfall to catch the leapin salmon.

- The above text is as a broken down version of a chapter in a 10,000 word essay I did on the Salmonid family of fish

get them in the river flowing through our village,you can see them 'leaping',apparently the wild salmon taste 10 times better than the farmed.This OT now...sorry:icon_redf

get them in the river flowing through our village,you can see them 'leaping',apparently the wild salmon taste 10 times better than the farmed.This OT now...sorry:icon_redf
Wild Salmon taste better due to the lactic acid build up in their muscles.

When fish are using their muscles they release lactic acid which adds the taste. Fish that are farmed use less energy as they are in a confined environment with slower flowing water, if any

A fish that is freshly caught at sea after a "chase" will taste significantly better than those from a still water without a chase.

who gives a shit what they do :102: any proper bloke will be downstairs having a pie and a pint :102:

I don't have a pint because the concourse if full of tossers that I'd rather not spend 15 minutes with, and kids kicking around screwed up flyers pissing me off.

I don't have a pint because the concourse if full of tossers that I'd rather not spend 15 minutes with, and kids kicking around screwed up flyers pissing me off.
They also make paper planes out of them during matches which pisses me off as a couple of times almost got one in the eye "what's the parents doing I ask" .:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669