Half time entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Manager Speaks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevewalshwasgod
what was the music then?

Chelsea Dagger, Fratellis I think

Last edited:
If they HAVE to play music then its Ok yeah.

Of course they have to, are you crazy ?

If they didn't, then that would just leave the crowd cheering and celebrating and singing (used to be called an 'atmosphere' I believe) and that would be just ridiculous

The more jump up and down muzac the better, as far as I'm concerend

Anyone think that Birch's whistle should be pulled from his neck and placed somewhere else on/in his body:mad::mad:

i used enjoy watching the clowns especially when they tried to serve beer .

Last edited:
ok im generally a casual lurker on this board but if someone somewhere is taking any notice of this thread then im going to make a contribution for once because the music policy is close to stopping me coming down despite being a season ticket holder for over 20 years!

the ready to go - let me entertain you combo is so grating that im getting annoyed even thinking about it. i totally agree with the other posts that we need some variety. if we have to have a pre-match anthem then kasabian is as good as anything i suppose. i would love the old post-horn gallop to be brought back, its a million times better than the new one or henry horn. whatever is chosen does not need to be blared out at 114dB in a misguided attempt to create an atmosphere. all it does is drowns out the fans chanting and perforates my eardrums.

im only 28 so id like to think that im just about in touch with what the kids like aswell and i wouldve thought that a mix of mostly newer stuff like arctic monkeys and the view with the odd older tune like oasis or the jam thrown in for good measure. personally, i dont generally listen to any of those bands but your average punter on the terrace will happily tap his foot along and theres not really much place at a football match for boybands or dance music anyway in my opinion. however, there still has to be different tracks played from week to week - in fact, id quite happily make a playlist for every home game if given the chance!

during half time, if the music is alright then im quite happy to get a pie, read my programme, chat to the bloke next to me, listen to the half-time scores, reflect on the poor first half or whatever and not have any entertainment although the penalty shootouts or crossbar challenges arent objectional either so im not going to rant about this!

just my tuppence worth of course but i really do hope someone is listening...

themoralkiosk

ok im generally a casual lurker on this board but if someone somewhere is taking any notice of this thread then im going to make a contribution for once because the music policy is close to stopping me coming down despite being a season ticket holder for over 20 years!

the ready to go - let me entertain you combo is so grating that im getting annoyed even thinking about it. i totally agree with the other posts that we need some variety. if we have to have a pre-match anthem then kasabian is as good as anything i suppose. i would love the old post-horn gallop to be brought back, its a million times better than the new one or henry horn. whatever is chosen does not need to be blared out at 114dB in a misguided attempt to create an atmosphere. all it does is drowns out the fans chanting and perforates my eardrums.

im only 28 so id like to think that im just about in touch with what the kids like aswell and i wouldve thought that a mix of mostly newer stuff like arctic monkeys and the view with the odd older tune like oasis or the jam thrown in for good measure. personally, i dont generally listen to any of those bands but your average punter on the terrace will happily tap his foot along and theres not really much place at a football match for boybands or dance music anyway in my opinion. however, there still has to be different tracks played from week to week - in fact, id quite happily make a playlist for every home game if given the chance!

during half time, if the music is alright then im quite happy to get a pie, read my programme, chat to the bloke next to me, listen to the half-time scores, reflect on the poor first half or whatever and not have any entertainment although the penalty shootouts or crossbar challenges arent objectional either so im not going to rant about this!

themoralkiosk

well I am but that wont really help :)

I am listening too. I quite like the current music. I also liked the 'classical' anthem from last year except they could not get the sound mix right so to hear the quiet bits, the loud bits came through at 120dB! Music on scoring is good. I notice it does keep the crowd clapping longer - which must be a bigger boost for the team.

I would like just a mixture of music at half time, occasional singers etc or kids relays, but I enjoy chatting to other STs around me so do not need specially entertaining - I am hoping the team will have done that in the previous 45mins!

themoralkiosk

Good stuff (apart from the bit about chatting to the bloke next to you - sounds a bit gay)

You should post more often :038:

In the 'programme' (if you can call it that) for the Notts match, MA said he really likes the PHG and wont be getting rid of it.

I really do hope we don't have 'Chelsea Dagger' when we score. If we do insist of having a song, then make it a Kasabian song.

Last edited:

themoralkiosk

I could not agree more.

The one thing that took the edge of our play off wins at Wembley were the bloody distorted blasting out of Rockin' All Over The World and Simply The Best.... God I hate those songs now.. We just wanted to celebrate, applaud the players and, perish the thought, sing a few songs about our football club.

Drives me nuts all this goal celebration music too... it's like 1984 (the book) forced to listen to music when something happens or sing the company song.

:098:

I could not agree more.

The one thing that took the edge of our play off wins at Wembley were the bloody distorted blasting out of Rockin' All Over The World and Simply The Best.... God I hate those songs now.. We just wanted to celebrate, applaud the players and, perish the thought, sing a few songs about our football club.

Drives me nuts all this goal celebration music too... it's like 1984 (the book) forced to listen to music when something happens or sing the company song.

:098:

Same here and i think you can add We Are The Champions to that list aswell, thoroughly embarrassing. i am actually turning into a proper grumpy old man!

sorry for sounding 'a bit gay' in my previous post but if im gonna sit next to the same bloke every other week for 10 years i might aswell get to know him. but if i turn up to the blackpool game to find that he hasnt renewed and has been replaced by 34-26-32 from oakham then i can assure you i won't be too upset...

Same here and i think you can add We Are The Champions to that list aswell, thoroughly embarrassing. i am actually turning into a proper grumpy old man!

sorry for sounding 'a bit gay' in my previous post but if im gonna sit next to the same bloke every other week for 10 years i might aswell get to know him. but if i turn up to the blackpool game to find that he hasnt renewed and has been replaced by 34-26-32 from oakham then i can assure you i won't be too upset...

Posh totty down the city, fat chance of that!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00