Half time entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
themoralkiosk good post, i am 29 so I know what you are talking about, I like to talk to the people next to me,read my program ect not have to shout over music.

themoralkiosk good post, i am 29 so I know what you are talking about, I like to talk to the people next to me,read my program ect not have to shout over music.

You say that, but at the same time you are bumming Chelsea Dagger. :icon_wink :102:

Last edited:
You say that, but at the same time you are bumming Chelsea Dagger. :icon_wink :102:
I like the song, but when I have thought about it I dont want to hear Chelsea, Chelsea all around the stadium when we score, we are LCFC:icon_redf
and at half time I like to chat not have to shout:icon_wink

bobby byrd - i know you got soul --would be good

stone roses - fools gold --would be a dream

dee lite - groove is in the heart --would have everyone dancing

bobby byrd - i know you got soul --would be good

stone roses - fools gold --would be a dream

dee lite - groove is in the heart --would have everyone dancing

Or, alternatively :

Nothing - Just let the feckin' crowd cheer and sing -- would be just about right

the crowd will never sing at half time, they hardly sing when there's football being played so how could you coax them into singing when a balls not being kicked.

also, pds, you are wrong.

The Season Ticket Holders Crossbar Challenge

At the start of the season all season ticket holders can elect to be entered in to the challenge, each week 3 or 4 are drawn out and at half time have one chance to hit the crossbar from the edge of the 'D' for £1000 prize. Not original but entertaining for 5 mins and every week you would go to the ground just wondering if it could be your week....

Nice one UF. A damn site better than Foxlot! (even if I did win a blender).

Nice one UF. A damn site better than Foxlot! (even if I did win a blender).

Apparently at one point when they were giving away those cars there was only something like 600 people subscribed to Fox Lot. Makes pretty good odds.

When I went to claim my prize, the bloke in the queue in front of me had won 4 plasma TVs ( And I got a effin blender)

Yep the original post horn gallop i prefer much more than the newer version.

How many years does the phg go back?

I know it was associated with the 1949 FA Cup run but I'm not at all sure that it was played before WW2.

As far as i am concerned the "original" version is the one played by the brass band (Leicester Town Band?)- who used to divide to either side of the Filbert Street players' tunnel immediately before playing it...and allow the teams (one at a time) to run onto the pitch.

I'd like to see us go back to all that...tho I appreciate it might take some time to build the replica Filbo stadium.

At half time - we could revert back to gramaphone records and the blokes putting up the half time scores ( our division only) using those square board things.

It was the Special Constabluary band. I was told that it went way back before my time.

Yep - thanks, you are right- it was mainly that band tho' I think on special occasions there were other bands.

There were. As I recall the police band was wound up and it was the Leicestershire Regimental band that took over (early 60s?). Then during the Borneo "off" they were sent out there as stretcher bearers and, I think, that thereafter there was no more bands. So we can blame Indonesia for the age of tannoy music!

There were. As I recall the police band was wound up and it was the Leicestershire Regimental band that took over (early 60s?). Then during the Borneo "off" they were sent out there as stretcher bearers and, I think, that thereafter there was no more bands. So we can blame Indonesia for the age of tannoy music!

Although the band only took over at about 2.15pm. Prior to that there was the tannoy - and I think always more or less the same records in the same order. So I would generally ascend the double decker to the background of 'Smile' by Frank Sinatra.

Other bands I think included the Salvation Army Band at Christmas. As you will recall we actually played matches on Christmas Day itself.....morning kick off of course so people could get back home for their Christmas Dinner and
I well remember walking the 5 miles or so to the ground before we all had access to cars only to find the match called off due to frost. And I don't think that they had the convoy of Corporation Buses from Humberstone Gate to the ground on Christmas Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669