Harbro's English Lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Watford 3 Leicester 3

... my teacher was only telling are class the other day that older people say "exams are easier" because they are jealous of how many people achieve in exams and do well these days.

He was joking. He doesn't want to upset you.

And while you're there, whose class was he saying that too?

This is so annoying I just want to talk about the match and I end up in another English discussion, what a load of bollocks, I can't be arsed with this anymore.

This is so annoying I just want to talk about the match and I end up in another English discussion

The thing that pisses me off more than anything else Harbro is that you've been told numerous times about basic errors you make, but you continue to make those errors again and again. That tells me you're either incapable of learning, or you don't care. Either way, it's not going to help you when you get a job, you can't keep making mistakes and get away with it. Unless you become an MP.

Macky you said that his contract doesen't say he is a striker on it, how do you know what it says on it?

You pretend to be thick on purpose don't you? I'm sure of it.
I'll repeat it again for you, I couldn't possibly know what it does say on his contract, I know what it doesn't say on his contract.

No offence to you both what boring things to say, my teacher was only telling are class the other day that older people say "exams are easier" because they are jealous of how many people achieve in exams and do well these days.

He said that to are class did he?

Your teacher is obviously an idiot then. Why would anybody be jealous of meaningless exam results?

When you make it into the real world, you'll discover that nobody gives a flying **** what exam results you have.
What they will be interested in is what skills you have to offer. If you have limited skills in English, as you've demonstrated, you won't be much use to any employer.

Wierdly in my lunch break the other day I wandered in to the Learn Direct office next door and sat an English exam paper (they do these to help people who are out of work to improve their literacy skills) - it was a GCSE paper I sat and I gained a B... considering I sat GCSEs when they first came out, I think that tells you that the tests are piss easy when I can sit one after all these years and get a grade B with no revision

This is so annoying I just want to talk about the match and I end up in another English discussion, what a load of bollocks, I can't be arsed with this anymore.

It's a real pity that you find your standards in English so disabling. If you didn't repeatedly make such basic mistakes all the time, nobody would want to talk to you about them. You could then talk about the match to your heart's content.

i hate lazy spellin, and grammer but feel a bit of a whitch hunt going on hear....

harbro, don't take it to heart, you're just being bullied by men who are inadequate in bed but can't hit their wife...or rent boy in macky's case

i hate lazy spellin, and grammer but feel a bit of a whitch hunt going on hear....

harbro, don't take it to heart, you're just being bullied by men who are inadequate in bed but can't hit their wife...or rent boy in macky's case

Oy, MK!! Notts is stuck on the M1 near J13. Can you pop some sandwiches out to him, please.

My experience of education today (my children being 16 and 12) is that as long as the teacher/examiner can understand what the child is trying to say, then it's acceptable to overlook spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.

As much as I hate to see poor spelling and grammar, I can just about make out what most people are trying to say when they post on an Internet forum. However, it did take me a bit longer than usual the other day when I saw the word "yewstew". Incredibly, the poster thought that was how "used to" was written :icon_eek:

Oy, MK!! Notts is stuck on the M1 near J13. Can you pop some sandwiches out to him, please.
Oh, he's hardly going to waste away, is he boc...:icon_wink

As much as I hate poor grammar and spelling, and have very strict standards when it comes to official documents at work, I also accept that you can't stop a language evolving. No-one writes or talks like Chaucer or Shakespeare any more do they.

May be in fifty years time "of" might have replaced "have" as the verb and "they're / their/ there" will have officially all merged into one. I'll probably be dead by then so it will no longer grate on me.

Last edited:

You must be joking, I spank them all over the place

:038: :038:

Yeah i'm usually not one for getting into arguments. :icon_cool

But....

I don't really see the point in having a go at H-Dawg here. It's not an official document its an internet forum. Yes it may not be punctually correct but why should it be. It's not like you can't make out what he is saying.

Everyone does things differently. Just accept it. it's not really a bid deal is it. :102:

Some sad feckers about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670