Harbro's English Lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a pathetic and needless thread. Do people really care that much how I spell on a forum ? It's just getting stupid now.

Give it an effing rest!

Why is everyone on here fixated with spelling and punctuation?

Seriously, its pathetic, you cant expect everyone to treat their posts the same they way they would treat a bloody exam paper.

The odd spelling mistake is fine and I agree it gets a bit annoying when someone picks up on it, but this thread was started due to a poster using should, could, would of instead of have which is basic english. Once this was pointed out (moths ago), I would expect the poster to use it correctly.
It is a shame that it was Harbro has taken the brunt of the mocking as he isn't the only one who does it.

I think everyone needs to calm down, this forum has gone a little mad recently...

The odd spelling mistake is fine and I agree it gets a bit annoying when someone picks up on it, but this thread was started due to a poster using should, could, would of instead of have which is basic english. Once this was pointed out (moths ago), I would expect the poster to use it correctly.
It is a shame that it was Harbro has taken the brunt of the mocking as he isn't the only one who does it.

From now on I will try and use should have and could have and that when I post instead of should of which I have always used but oh well.

From now on I will try and use should have and could have and that when I post instead of should of which I have always used but oh well.

:038::038:
I have no issue with the odd spelling mistake, but you do realise if you ever say should of again about 10 new threads will be started. :icon_wink

jumpoff.gif

:038::038:
I have no issue with the odd spelling mistake, but you do realise if you ever say should of again about 10 new threads will be started. :icon_wink

I don't really care, it's just how I type, lots of people on here make spelling mistakes and nothing is said, it's just pathetic. I will try to type correctly but I will make some mistakes, it's just annoying how I expect every post after mine to be about spelling and not football.

Seriously, this isnt your website you cant really make statements like this.

Its nothing short of mocking other poster's intelligence. Some people are better at spelling/punctuation than others :102:

Never suggested it was.

It always helps to learn and I have learnt things from this site and others that I have used in my day to day life. I just fail to see how someone can change how they write things when on the internet to how they do at work or school.

Last edited:

Its nothing short of mocking other poster's intelligence. Some people are better at spelling/punctuation than others :102:

I can see what you are saying but I really don't care about what people say about my English (I know you don't just mean me) it just bores me and is frustrating when you just want to talk about football.

I suppose it must get annoying when I make the same mistakes but it's just how I type and I don't really read through my posts when I have wrote them which is my problem, I do take advice on board but I just forget and when you have been writing the same things for years you just naturally type in this way, I'm sorry to the people I annoy and upset with typing on here but I can't help how I write, I will try and be more careful from now on as it is clear some people are getting very affected by my English. Don't be silly people those people who are care about my English are not sad acts who have nothing better to do than pick up on my mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669