Hartlepool Johnstone's paint trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without wanting to tempt fate it would be nice to win it the only time we play in it.

We also better win tomorrow since I have an accumulator and in a moment of madness put us in it.

I would pick:

Hendo

Gilbert
Morrison
Hobbs
O'Neil

Porter
Weso
King
Adams

King
DJ

s
Martin
Hobbs
Kish
Odihambo
Beswick

Does he then pick up 2 match fees?

I thought One King was right up your street Alex.....:icon_bigg

Tunchev, King and Adams are away on International Duty

Fans deserve a treat, says Pearson by Bill Anderson

Nigel Pearson wants to give the fans a treat when Leicester City face Hartlepool in tonight's Johnstone's Paint Trophy at the Victoria Ground.

pearson-tu3608.jpg

The Northern Section first-round tie has an early kick-off time of 7pm as the home club bid to boost the crowd for what is not regarded as a top competition.

However, City boss Pearson appreciates the travelling difficulties that makes for his own supporters, and he is even more determined to put on the same sort of bright, victorious display they saw in the 4-0 win at Cheltenham on Saturday.

Then, the visiting section at Whaddon Road was jam-packed, but the same sort of contingent is not expected tonight for a game that means a 330- mile round trip and a 1.30pm start for the official club coaches.

Pearson, who has been short-listed for manager of the month, said: "It is an awkward time for kick-off and we understand the demands it puts on our fans, so we want to win it for them.

"They were magnificent for us at Cheltenham. We started very well then struggled a little bit in the first half, but they kept right behind us.

"They have a massive part to play in our season and their backing is greatly appreciated.

"We responded in the second half with a good performance and more goals. That is what we want to do for them in this one because we know it is a second long trip in a row for them."

Not only does Pearson want to progress in a competition which, while minor, does have a Wembley final to aim for, he feels this clash is a chance to maintain City's momentum.

He said: "We have just managed back-to-back wins in the league and shown that we have reacted well to our only defeat so far, in the Carling Cup at Fulham. I can assure you we will be fielding a very strong side."

There appeared to be no comings or goings at the Walkers Stadium by the time the transfer window closed last night.

Last edited:
Who Boc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673