Hartlepool United

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must be the only one who thinks Gilbert has looked pretty solid at the back and has good initiative going forward

No, I quite like the look of him, and if Arsenal don't want him, we would do far worse. He is still a very young player learning is trade. Just has to learn to cross a ball! other wise he'll be the new Frank Sinclair!:icon_bigg

I think Gilbert is solid at the back not so sure about going forward, but hes fine in this division for me

What annoys me is that some players can do no wrong despite obvious limitations, whilst others get nothing but grief despite obvious attributes. Steve Howard is a case in point. He was perceived as being total shite until about November when he suddenly became our most important player.

Andy King has potential and a valuable ability to score goals from midfield. However, he is also not worthy of the adulation that he's been getting recently. He could easily be playing non-league football in 3 years time if he doesn't develop several areas of his game that are simply not good enough. However, he could also make a decent career for himself at a higher level. But right now, I think he's lightweight wouldn't look half the player at Championship level.

I'd pick him for our best 11 this season but I'd leave him out of the next 3 tough away games for a rest and to replace him with a feistier alternative. That's all.

To be fair to Andy King he has had his fair share of criticism this season. On threads like this as well. I'm not sure I'm registering the fact you'd have him in your best 11 yet want him to sit out the next three? :102: The fact is he has got the goals he's got! Saying he'd be a target for the boo boys if he didn't do this and didn't do that doesn't make any sense at all. If I'd tried harder at football then I did at drinking and chasing women, I may have earned a living playing rather than coaching? If I'd been more interested in law at school I may have tried to become a barrister....if I'd...

the season city up with sheff u-we scored the first goal of div 1 that day scored by david nish at huddersfield- we then went 2 up before some fella called frank worthington got 1 back and cherry the other- the rest is history

Last edited:
No, I quite like the look of him, and if Arsenal don't want him, we would do far worse. He is still a very young player learning is trade. Just has to learn to score an own goal, he'll be the new Frank Sinclair!:icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669