Has Pearson walked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's the same with any manager, wasn't Jimmy Bloomfield hounded out after a few bad games? I don't really see your point, people here are sounding like and openly saying they wouldn't be bothered if he left at this point, yes, he has to leave eventually, but before that happens, NP has the potential to be a great manager in our club's history, and that's potential I really want to see realised, which is why I would be gutted if he left now, before he had the chance to realise that.

My point is that it isn't realistic to get too carried away about the importance of any individual -whether manager or player. We suffered badly after the departure of O'Neill largely because of bad manager appointments - the possible exception being Megson (who no one liked - me included). The subsequent record of those I'm calling bad managers tends to prove my point.

Pearson is the first decent appointment since O'Neill and therefore some people are understandably anxious should he go. I think they have something to be anxious about because its quite likely that a few Premiership clubs are going to chop their managers before the end of the season - and Pearson might be preferred somewhere to say a foreign coach.

The important things is that whoever comes and goes and whenever that is - be it player or manager - that good decision making is in place to replace and move on. Milan gets about one in five right on managers - lets hope that if we were unfortunate enough in the near/ intermediate future to lose Pearson, that MM improves his strike rate.

Pearson isn't the only decent manager in the championship. he's achieved as much (if not less) as someone like Gary Johnson at Bristol City. People are a bit deluded if they think Pearson is automatically the best managerial prospect in the championship because he got us promoted.

Do neither of you really care if Pearson walks? :102: ****ing hell he's our best manager in years, and we've been through a fair few in that period. I am confident we can challenge for promotion under NP, he is building a good side here, if he goes, yes there is a chance a better manager will replace him, but we already know we have a good manager in charge now. Personally, I think Pearson has the ability to take us back to Premiership, and so yes, I would be gutted if he left.

I agree. The lesson of Jimmy Bloomfield is that when you have a good manager you support him even if you get a poor run. To remind people the Bloomfield boys - Weller Worthington, Birchenall, Glover - were ageing and he was finding it difficult to replace them. The crowd turned on him when we were midway in the First Division.
There was a lot of moaning near me when a poor performance against Preston was followed by a poor performance against Derby and a poor first half against Palace.
I believe Nigel Pearson and Milan should know they have the support of the crowd even when we have the odd poor performance. Certainly booing at half-time when we are 0-0 is unhelpful.

In the press conference on LCW, Nigel said he was very happy here and showed no signs whatsoever that he would leave.

I notice the number of posts on this thread has dwindled to almost a stop.
This was a thread about nothing at all

It probably has something to do with there being no match on the Saturday.
That is why we get such dumb posts during the summer.

I notice the number of posts on this thread has dwindled to almost a stop.
This was a thread about nothing at all

Why do people bother posting this obviously incorrect stuff?

It probably has something to do with there being no match on the Saturday.
That is why we get such dumb posts during the summer.

More to the point, why do they confine it to a single, concise post when twenty-four fragmented, nonsensical ones would take up far more room?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670