Has Pearson walked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do neither of you really care if Pearson walks? :102: ****ing hell he's our best manager in years, and we've been through a fair few in that period. I am confident we can challenge for promotion under NP, he is building a good side here, if he goes, yes there is a chance a better manager will replace him, but we already know we have a good manager in charge now. Personally, I think Pearson has the ability to take us back to Premiership, and so yes, I would be gutted if he left.

I never said that I didn't care - but some of the posts here are just daft.

Of course all managers will come and go if they think they have a better offer. At Leicester we eventually lose them to another club if they are successful and we sack them if they are not successful. Similarly, our best players will move on if they get the chance of a bigger club.

To read some of the stuff here, you'd think that managers and players who take Milan's pay suddenly become blue and white to their very soul.

I can't speak for BG - but he does have a sense of sharp realism. When Pearson eventually goes out of the revolving door, someone else will take his place and the merry go round carries on.

When Pearson eventually goes out of the revolving door, someone else will take his place and the merry go round carries on.

Oh noooees! Nigel can't leave, not never. I've had his face tattooed on my chest cus he's the bestest ever and we be doomed without him

Oh noooees! Nigel can't leave, not never. I've had his face tattooed on my chest cus he's the bestest ever and we be doomed without him

Exactly, the world as we know - nay the entire universe- could end as we know it.

School kids especially those residing in and around Market Harborough will see it as the end of their childhood and the first taste of the harsh realities of adult life. A BBC Question Time will be devoted in its entirity to the momentous news.

But here is the good bit for the sake of the UK economy and state of public health including mental health, as soon as Uncle Milan provides a replacement....things will go back to just how they were before.

Who is not backing Pearson? Name names!

A fan sitting near me close to the dug out was shouting against Pearson and to Warnock "I wish you were our manager". He complained that Pearson had dropped Saturday's best player in Morrison, refused to play Adams and stopped Dyer from staying on the wing. I did not point out that if Morrison and Adams were so good this reflected on the people who signed them.

These I hasten to say are not my views. Personally I think we have the most professional set-up in the forty years I have supported the team and I believe there is a chance that Pearson may end up with Bloomfield and O'Neill among the greatest managers of my time.

These I hasten to say are not my views. Personally I think we have the most professional set-up in the forty years I have supported the team and I believe there is a chance that Pearson may end up with Bloomfield and O'Neill among the greatest managers of my time.

How can you possibly come out with that stuff?

I think Pearson is doing an extremely good job too - but "the most professional set-up in the forty years I have supported the team". Unbelievable.

I am not the biggest fan of O'Neill but the ruthlessly professional way he went about imposing his own will and over-achieving with a relatively ordinary playing strength in the Premiership. That's what you call exceptional professionalism - Pearson is doing more than OK, but he's got a massive way to go before you can credibly use the terms that you have.

How can you possibly come out with that stuff?

I think Pearson is doing an extremely good job too - but "the most professional set-up in the forty years I have supported the team". Unbelievable.

I am not the biggest fan of O'Neill but the ruthlessly professional way he went about imposing his own will and over-achieving with a relatively ordinary playing strength in the Premiership. That's what you call exceptional professionalism - Pearson is doing more than OK, but he's got a massive way to go before you can credibly use the terms that you have.

I did not say that Pearson ranks with Bloomfield and O'Neill. I said "There is a chance that Pearson may end up____". The words "chance" and "may" are rather important qualifications. If Pearson gets Leicester into the Premiership and if we do well there over a number of years he will rank with the greats - but those are big "ifs".

As for the professionalism if you go back and read the post that you objected to you will see I talked about a "professional set-up". Martin O'Neill was a superb manager but by the set-up I include the fact that for a time the Chairman and the manager were banned from writing in the club programme. There were rumours of a complete rift between the Filbert Street set-up and Belvoir Drive. Whoever was to blame the clash between the Chairman and the Chief Executive was clearly not part of a professional set-up.

I very much admire the present setup. So far as I am aware there is no conflict between Lee Hoos and Nigel Pearson and guess that if there was Milan would sort it out.
I also I also like the set-up where a head of recruitment is one of the big three on the Belvoir Drive staff. The way we responded to a remarkable goalkeeping crisis last year was excellent. The way we brought in cover when Gilbert and Mattock were injured was excellent.
All this is the height of professionalism.

I am sorry this is such a long post. Redditch Fox may have overreacted but he did raise some interesting issues.

I think people are delusional if they think if pearson left his replacement would be as good.

Our recent history only highlights how hard it is to get a manager that is good, if pearson left the odds are the next manager would have us flirting with relegation.

Tbh, I agree with David Gwilliam here, maybe it's just me, but I think Pearson just has us going onto something special. It's his manner, it's his substitutions, he knows when things aren't going our way, and can change games.

Yes, we haven't played well the past 4 or 5 games, but we had a stutter towards the end of last season too, the main thing is we grind out results while going through this patch, which is what we have been doing.

People saying "School kids especially those residing in and around Market Harborough will see it as the end of their childhood and the first taste of the harsh realities of adult life. A BBC Question Time will be devoted in its entirity to the momentous news." and "Oh noooees! Nigel can't leave, not never. I've had his face tattooed on my chest cus he's the bestest ever and we be doomed without him" Honestly, it sounds like you couldn't give a toss is NP leaves. Managers of his ability don't come around along very often. Seeing a manager of his ability going would be gutting, we have so much potential as a club under NP, hasn't been this kind of belief in the direction we are going for years.

If it sounds like I, or any other users, love NP so much that a sarcastic comment about wanting a picture tattooed on our bodies or our childhoods will end if he leaves are warranted, then fine. For me though, I'm just looking at it from the perspective of someone who has seen a rotting club in the mire and going backwards for years being turned into a club with a great sense of optimism and excitement surrounding it. Like I said, managers of NP's quality don't come to teams like Leicester that often, so yes, I would be gutted if he left because the chances of his replacement being as good or better than him are very small imo.

Last edited:
I did not say that Pearson ranks with Bloomfield and O'Neill. I said "There is a chance that Pearson may end up____". The words "chance" and "may" are rather important qualifications. If Pearson gets Leicester into the Premiership and if we do well there over a number of years he will rank with the greats - but those are big "ifs".

As for the professionalism if you go back and read the post that you objected to you will see I talked about a "professional set-up". Martin O'Neill was a superb manager but by the set-up I include the fact that for a time the Chairman and the manager were banned from writing in the club programme. There were rumours of a complete rift between the Filbert Street set-up and Belvoir Drive. Whoever was to blame the clash between the Chairman and the Chief Executive was clearly not part of a professional set-up.
We
I very much admire the present setup. So far as I am aware there is no conflict between Lee Hoos and Nigel Pearson and guess that if there was Milan would sort it out.
I also I also like the set-up where a head of recruitment is one of the big three on the Belvoir Drive staff. The way we responded to a remarkable goalkeeping crisis last year was excellent. The way we brought in cover when Gilbert and Mattock were injured was excellent.
All this is the height of professionalism.

I am sorry this is such a long post. Redditch Fox may have overreacted but he did raise some interesting issues.

Well - I call the way O'Neill ran the show extremely professional in the context that he stuffed his opponents in the power game. To be honest they needed to be stuffed and the subsequent 'careers' of some of that gang prove the point. Obviously there was going to be a problem when he left - but although I don't thinks he's a truly great manager - he is an arch- professional operator.
I hope Pearson stays a while - but they are all replaceable and have to be so - it's the nature of the game that this the way it is and always will be the same.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Maecenas consequat pulvinar convallis. Mauris rutrum dapibus orci eget porttitor. Nulla at leo accumsan libero ornare fermentum. Quisque tristique porta nisi, eu suscipit diam aliquet ac. Quisque interdum massa vel ante venenatis tempus. Aenean ac gravida nisi. Etiam id magna nunc, vulputate vestibulum lectus. Curabitur consectetur, metus eu aliquet cursus, enim urna vulputate dui, at vestibulum erat sem nec ipsum. Vestibulum pellentesque, ante in vestibulum vehicula, est arcu luctus quam, sit amet luctus tellus lacus ut turpis. In eu mauris dui, ac pellentesque urna. Nulla eget lectus nec quam venenatis viverra id aliquam lectus. Morbi eu nulla massa. Suspendisse a lectus id ligula eleifend fermentum. Vivamus eleifend congue egestas. Cras a tincidunt nulla.
Suspendisse hendrerit mi at turpis vulputate sagittis. Phasellus nulla est, luctus ullamcorper dignissim vitae, imperdiet et massa. Aenean dui ante, tempus vitae pretium non, congue in magna. Nunc in arcu at diam placerat tempor sit amet lacinia ipsum. Donec at nibh turpis, nec blandit quam. Ut at tellus purus. Donec sodales enim sed dolor hendrerit sit amet aliquam turpis laoreet. Nunc bibendum sapien placerat dui tristique sit amet dictum augue egestas. Fusce nisl risus, elementum a vulputate viverra, blandit id purus. Nam orci velit, scelerisque eu blandit sit amet, cursus id erat. Suspendisse sodales orci sit amet felis porta in rutrum tellus feugiat. Donec eleifend tortor vel quam aliquam quis dictum nibh hendrerit. Praesent ut lacus ut nisl malesuada tempus eget dignissim sapien. Nam lorem leo, porttitor non venenatis eget, tincidunt id lacus. Aliquam sollicitudin, lectus eu posuere commodo, elit nisi ullamcorper justo, et porta orci lacus eget nisi. Nulla et urna vitae orci convallis convallis. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Proin posuere auctor feugiat. Vivamus sit amet ante et dolor viverra ultricies. Curabitur orci tortor, tincidunt quis malesuada sed, mattis fringilla est

eh? what? You expect us to read all that shit? ****sake PR, give us a break

Last edited:
Tbh, I agree with David Gwilliam here, maybe it's just me, but I think Pearson just has us going onto something special. It's his manner, it's his substitutions, he knows when things aren't going our way, and can change games.

Yes, we haven't played well the past 4 or 5 games, but we had a stutter towards the end of last season too, the main thing is we grind out results while going through this patch, which is what we have been doing.

People saying "School kids especially those residing in and around Market Harborough will see it as the end of their childhood and the first taste of the harsh realities of adult life. A BBC Question Time will be devoted in its entirity to the momentous news." and "Oh noooees! Nigel can't leave, not never. I've had his face tattooed on my chest cus he's the bestest ever and we be doomed without him" Honestly, it sounds like you couldn't give a toss is NP leaves. Managers of his ability don't come around along very often. Seeing a manager of his ability going would be gutting, we have so much potential as a club under NP, hasn't been this kind of belief in the direction we are going for years.

If it sounds like I, or any other users, love NP so much that a sarcastic comment about wanting a picture tattooed on our bodies or our childhoods will end if he leaves are warranted, then fine. For me though, I'm just looking at it from the perspective of someone who has seen a rotting club in the mire and going backwards for years being turned into a club with a great sense of optimism and excitement surrounding it. Like I said, managers of NP's quality don't come to teams like Leicester that often, so yes, I would be gutted if he left because the chances of his replacement being as good or better than him are very small imo.

We've had top managers in the past- and we've had dross managers in the past. Pearson looks to be one of the former rather than the latter. If he stays a good while , I think he is likely to bring more success providing Milan keeps well to the background. If we lose a few games in a row the people who have fallen in love with him will be amongst the first to question his ability.

We've had top managers in the past- and we've had dross managers in the past. Pearson looks to be one of the former rather than the latter. If he stays a good while , I think he is likely to bring more success providing Milan keeps well to the background. If we lose a few games in a row the people who have fallen in love with him will be amongst the first to question his ability.

But that's the same with any manager, wasn't Jimmy Bloomfield hounded out after a few bad games? I don't really see your point, people here are sounding like and openly saying they wouldn't be bothered if he left at this point, yes, he has to leave eventually, but before that happens, NP has the potential to be a great manager in our club's history, and that's potential I really want to see realised, which is why I would be gutted if he left now, before he had the chance to realise that.

OK, I'm out of the closet.

I'm with my friend Mr. Rosso on this one. I've tried to be even handed but in reality I'm close to pissing myself with excitement at the moment.

From what I can see from this distance, it looks like something potentially special is happening at Filbo Way.

And I may be somewhat drunk and stoned at this point :icon_bigg, but however (or more probably, because), I'll say it anyway -I think, at this brief, precious moment in time, we're in the best position since the day O'Neill left.

There, I feel better now. :icon_cool

But seriously, though... Nigel... will you have my chldren? Will you? :058:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673