Heath for Coventry

Status
Not open for further replies.
He got a lot of stick but no-one can say Heath wasn't committed....

Heath Cherishes Foxes Stint

Matt Heath says that he fulfilled a lifetime ambition by playing first-team football for Leicester City.

The 23-year-old defender moved to Championship rivals Coventry City on Friday for an undisclosed fee.

He left the Walkers Stadium after making 60 appearances and scoring six goals for the Foxes.

He said: "To play for my home town club was always a dream of mine when I was a youngster and therefore I will always treasure the memories.

"After progressing through the ranks, my first-team debut at Charlton in September 2001 and the season (2002-03) we won promotion back to the Premier League under Micky Adams were two very special moments.

"The fans have always been great to me and it is just a shame that things haven't worked out for me under the new management team."

As a result Heath signed a two-year contract with the Sky Blues this week and is relishing the chance to cement a regular spot in the starting line-up.

He added: "Every professional footballer wants regular football and that's why I have opted to move to Coventry.

"The gaffer knows what I am all about and I am keen not to let him down.

"But I have no plans to move away from the Leicestershire area and will always keep a close eye on unfolding events at the Walkers Stadium.

"Craig Levein now has a useful blend of youth and experience at his disposal and I think the good times will return to the club sooner rather than later.

"I wish everyone connected with Leicester City well."

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10274~683282,00.html

I think we got around 100k for him personally.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
IMO we will have probably recieved 100k maximum from Coventry, they have little money available, and following some of the stick CL recieved over the Stewart fee it is likely the club decided it best to keep this one under wraps.

Players are only worth what a club are willing to pay, and in both Heath and Stewart's instances it was clear they did not fit into CL's plans nor were they good enough, therefore it was highly unlikely we were ever going to recieve substantial offers for players of this calibre.

But it is a positive step by the club, although both players were relatively young and is the case with Tommy Wright, they were too inconsistent and clearly not good enough to play for a club with aspirations of premiership football. As with the other players being moved on this summer, I have been impressed with Levein's judgement.

Good post. I agree. Just Wright and Canero to get rid of now! Wasn't Joey also on the way out? Can't see him making the bench this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669