Heating your house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought, are heaters on economy seven at all controllable? For instance, can you turn them on/off when you want, or program when they come on, go off?

Just a thought, are heaters on economy seven at all controllable? For instance, can you turn them on/off when you want, or program when they come on, go off?

You will generally find you can't pick and choose when your storage heaters heat up. Mine for instance heat up during the night (on economy 7) and then dispense their heat throughout the day. I couldn't change when they heat up though. if that makes sense.

Newts after you've finished with your fish, maybe this could be your next challenge :102:

TBH notts ,thats what it would take to get gas to our village ,it has been looked into by the gas companys but due to the amount of people that live here it was deemed to cost way too much to do it and about 80years to cover the cost of pipeing it in ,if we had more house's built in the village they would do it .

Now that makes a new problem for anymore houses would mean we would need a whole new water system due to the age of the one we have now is only just coping with the amount we are using now ,our water system was put in/build in the early victorian time.

so at the end o the day they said it would cost about 100 millon + to get both the gas and water system sorted :icon_eek:.

plus we are all green belt around here so planing takes ages too :icon_sad:

TBH notts ,thats what it would take to get gas to our village ,it has been looked into by the gas companys but due to the amount of people that live here it was deemed to cost way too much to do it and about 80years to cover the cost of pipeing it in ,if we had more house's built in the village they would do it .

Now that makes a new problem for anymore houses would mean we would need a whole new water system due to the age of the one we have now is only just coping with the amount we are using now ,our water system was put in/build in the early victorian time.

so at the end o the day they said it would cost about 100 millon + to get both the gas and water system sorted :icon_eek:.

plus we are all green belt around here so planing takes ages too :icon_sad:
Hmmmmm its tempting to reply, but I really cant be arsed…….

So in summary, electric heating is pretty shite unless the heating has been put in recently.

Honestly guys and girls, thanks a lot - this has been a very informative thread and has been very useful to me. I've decided not to move into a big flat with no double glazing and a pokey kitchen which has economy 7 heating and decided to widen the search.

Saw a flat in the city centre for £510 per month that is brand new - obviously not the biggest place, but a decent size and all mod cons, and NEW electric underfloor heating and thermostats in every room and all that jazz. No parking though - GRRRR!

Have three more viewings tonight so hopefully one of them will be spot on.

Cheers for your collective help.

So in summary, electric heating is pretty shite unless the heating has been put in recently.

Honestly guys and girls, thanks a lot - this has been a very informative thread and has been very useful to me. I've decided not to move into a big flat with no double glazing and a pokey kitchen which has economy 7 heating and decided to widen the search.

Saw a flat in the city centre for £510 per month that is brand new - obviously not the biggest place, but a decent size and all mod cons, and NEW electric underfloor heating and thermostats in every room and all that jazz. No parking though - GRRRR!

Have three more viewings tonight so hopefully one of them will be spot on.

Cheers for your collective help.

Will your carer live there too ?

Will your carer live there too ?

385x200_littlebritain.jpg

"Turn the heating up, I'm cold"
"I've already told you, I can't, it's Economy7"
"Yeah, I know"

Yes theres a switch on the wall very close to where the wire goes into a box attached to the wall...

Just to let you all know that the four properties I saw yesterday ranged from an absolute dank and miserable hell hole in a basement that stank of shit and should IMO be condemned - that was £500 pcm, to a beautiful old victorian single terrace ground floor (but raised up about 5 steps) apartment which had just been renovated - all new gas boiler and central heating, huge living room with big leather settee, brand new gas fire, nice big windows, brand new fitted kitchen with gas hobs, washer drier, new solid stone floor and new work tops, massive bedroom with king sized bed, new mattress, fitted warbrodes and good solid furniture, immaculate bathroom with mains fed shower and a big bath, garden, private car parking space at the rear of the property, very good location and all that for only £450 pcm through a private landlord so no ridiculous admin fees.

I'd like to thank each and everyone of you for the advice you have given in this thread because ultimately it led to me not signing for the economy 7 flat and led me to keep looking and eventually finding this excellent property that my girlfriend and I have now signed up for.

You are all brilliant. Thanks.

Joe_Fox (who is now a new, much happier Joe_Fox)

"Let the good times roll again"

........eventually finding this excellent property that my girlfriend and I have now signed up for..........

I thought the injunction had stopped you calling her that. She is called a carer Joe, not a girlfriend.

Cheeky git.

Just to let you all know that the four properties I saw yesterday ranged from an absolute dank and miserable hell hole in a basement that stank of shit and should IMO be condemned - that was £500 pcm, to a beautiful old victorian single terrace ground floor (but raised up about 5 steps) apartment which had just been renovated - all new gas boiler and central heating, huge living room with big leather settee, brand new gas fire, nice big windows, brand new fitted kitchen with gas hobs, washer drier, new solid stone floor and new work tops, massive bedroom with king sized bed, new mattress, fitted warbrodes and good solid furniture, immaculate bathroom with mains fed shower and a big bath, garden, private car parking space at the rear of the property, very good location and all that for only £450 pcm through a private landlord so no ridiculous admin fees.

I'd like to thank each and everyone of you for the advice you have given in this thread because ultimately it led to me not signing for the economy 7 flat and led me to keep looking and eventually finding this excellent property that my girlfriend and I have now signed up for.

You are all brilliant. Thanks.

Joe_Fox (who is now a new, much happier Joe_Fox)

"Let the good times roll again"

When is the housewarming party? :icon_bigg :icon_wink

After Glastonbury some time.

Poor old Edna.

Well if he didn’t keep trying to smear her with Lemon Drizzel cake I’m sure she would be more understanding.

Yeah I know, I want that one, then I wanna watch Monster Trucks

I thought you said that Victorian terraces were characterised by mawkish, over-sentimentality and left you feeling emotionally vapid?

Last edited:
I thought you said that Victorian terraces were characterised by mawkish, over-sentimentality and left you feeling emotionally vapid?

I used to know a Mexican sprinter, he was very very vapid………

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46