Help - Best Indian Restaurant In Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lako42

So then guys

I have a mate up in Leicester next Tuesday for a training event and he's asked me which is the best. Let me know of any particular delights I should share.

Ta

Poppadoms on Welford Road is always class. The new place next door, Spice Bazaar, is owned by a former owner of Poppadoms and is also very good. R Code on Narborough Road is more of a pub, but the food is always excellent. Also, I hear nothing but good things about Cuisine of India on Kelmarsh Avenue in Wigston. Queens Tandoori on Queens Road is also pretty good.

Avoid Feast India on Melton Road. Always very busy, but the food is not of the same standard as the others.

Chutney Ivy is nice. A little pricey and quite posh for an Indian restaurant.

Paddy's Marten Inn on Martin Street is right up there for me. It's a bit spit and sawdust, but the food and value are sublime. The mixed tandoori sizzler to start is one of the best things I've ever eaten.

I can't remember the name of it now, but I had a fantastic curry opposite the railway station.
Could be Nila Palace or Agra. Never been to the latter but heard good things. Less likely to be Shimla Pinks.

Another good one on London Road is Akash, slightly away from the station.

Cheers guys. Much to think about there. Anyone been Everest Dine? Heard extremely good things.

Cheers guys. Much to think about there. Anyone been Everest Dine? Heard extremely good things.
never seems to have anybody in it. If you want to stay in town centre then Chutney Ivy or Mem Saab a bit pricey but decent food. If you want to try a different type of Curry experience then there is Kayal on Granby street which concentrates on southern indian seafood fayre particularly the Kerala region. If you want to go based purely on taste and not décor then Martens or Khyber(melton road) If you don't mind travelling out of town then my local Cuisine of India would get the vote.

Agra and Kayal have both been good the last few times I've been, although the service can be a bit slow at Agra. Curry House on London Road is generally OK, too.

It was good when I went there too. That was a couple of years ago though, so I don't know what it's like now.

went in about 6 months ago

was ok

prefer Simla in Hinckley and Syston Spice in (er...) Syston

not that those two are in Leicester

went in about 6 months ago

was ok

prefer Simla in Hinckley and Syston Spice in (er...) Syston

not that those two are in Leicester

Spice of India?

I used to live in Queniborough and that was my regular haunt. It was very good while we lived there.

Spice of India?

I used to live in Queniborough and that was my regular haunt. It was very good while we lived there.

oops, oh er yeah maybe that's it

near the roundabout with the Fox and Hounds on it (I know the pubs better!)

Any useful updates on this? I'm staying in Leicester for a couple of days for the Soton game, and would like to enjoy a good curry (and three points of course). City centre, or close to it, obviously prefered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566