Hillsborough

Status
Not open for further replies.
96 men, women and children having their breath and their life squeezed out of them at a football match ?

I think it would have lasted as long regardless of who it was

Fair enough and that's your opinion.

When the club released one press release about the chap that dies during the Carlisle game it was panned as PR, this is still going 20 years later.

If the club acted out of guilt with their message then this is surely out of guilt from the sectors that allowed it to happen?

:icon_roll

I'm surprised that entering the game without a ticket isn't seen as theft by some of you here.

Why is there not the same sort of remembrance for Heysel? :102:

youll find the ones who died were at the front with tickets.

Doesn't answer my question thought.

FIF feels he should be able to take and do as he pleases and I would be interested to hear his rationalisation as to why it isn't theft?

If people want to download music and films, get into venues without tickets or steal peanuts then that is up to them, I haven't lived the life of an angel by any means. What I do object to is the people who defend it and claim that it is morally OK and they are doing no harm to the relevant industry. If you are going to break the law own up to it, don't try to justify it.

Doesn't answer my question thought.

FIF feels he should be able to take and do as he pleases and I would be interested to hear his rationalisation as to why it isn't theft?

If people want to download music and films, get into venues without tickets or steal peanuts then that is up to them, I haven't lived the life of an angel by any means. What I do object to is the people who defend it and claim that it is morally OK and they are doing no harm to the relevant industry. If you are going to break the law own up to it, don't try to justify it.

Is it just me or have you read what FIF said differently. To me FIF is saying that the fans without tickets are thieves i think. I think you are both in agreement but may have crossed wires.

Either that or i have read it wrong which is possible

if you didnt go on the terraces in 1989 i'm not even going to try and explain,the ones who did know what it was like.
this is why we football fans are still regarded as "yobos" sad and pathetic

96 men, women and children having their breath and their life squeezed out of them at a football match ?

I think it would have lasted as long regardless of who it was

Why is there not the same sort of remembrance for Heysel? :102:

... and Bradford?

And I suppose you could add Ibrox to the list.

But Bradford in my eyes was much worse and we hear feck all about that.

There is mention of it quite a bit up here as both teams come from the Calendar region so I can't comment on how it is reported elsewhere.

This is from a local BBC site:-

On Saturday, 11 May 1985, 11,076 football supporters set out to watch Bradford City play Lincoln City at Valley Parade. Hundreds would not return home that night, 56 would never return home again.

A stray cigarette butt, discarded in a plastic cup, ignited rubbish that had piled up underneath City's antiquated main stand and within four minutes, flames had engulfed the wooden structure.

Supporters at the front of the stand spilled onto the pitch while others towards the back found their escape route blocked by locked gates.

As happens every year, a memorial service will take place in Bradford's Centenary Square at 11am on 11 May.

The Mayors of Bradford and Lincoln, City chairman Julian Rhodes, relatives of those who died, members of the emergency services and fans will lay wreaths.

And all City fans will pause again at 3.40pm to remember their fellow supporters who lost their lives.

There is mention of it quite a bit up here as both teams come from the Calendar region so I can't comment on how it is reported elsewhere.

This is from a local BBC site:-

On Saturday, 11 May 1985, 11,076 football supporters set out to watch Bradford City play Lincoln City at Valley Parade. Hundreds would not return home that night, 56 would never return home again.

A stray cigarette butt, discarded in a plastic cup, ignited rubbish that had piled up underneath City's antiquated main stand and within four minutes, flames had engulfed the wooden structure.

Supporters at the front of the stand spilled onto the pitch while others towards the back found their escape route blocked by locked gates.

As happens every year, a memorial service will take place in Bradford's Centenary Square at 11am on 11 May.

The Mayors of Bradford and Lincoln, City chairman Julian Rhodes, relatives of those who died, members of the emergency services and fans will lay wreaths.

And all City fans will pause again at 3.40pm to remember their fellow supporters who lost their lives.

from local news not national. The Bradford disaster should get national coverage just the same as Hillsborough IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669