Hinckley Squad - Fryatt not in it !

Status
Not open for further replies.
seems pretty clear cut to me

It does to me too, but that's because I've not just read two posts and assumed I knew what the conversation is about :icon_roll

This should help:

Wouldn't it be better to take Odhiambo and Chambers instead?

(BTW, Chambers is in the squad, but you're right that the other young forward isn't)

The other young forward being Odhiambo. Presumably Consty didn't want to try spelling his name, and thought the Chambers in the squad was Ashley.

Last edited:
Re: Hinckley United - pre-season friendly - Tuesday 17th July

Leicester City's squad for tonight's pre-season fixture against Hinckley United at the Marston's Stadium is as follows:

J Nielsen
C Logan
J Chambers
A Sheehan
B N'Gotty
G McAuley
R Stearman
R Kishishev
S Newton
S Clemence
C Cort
I Hume
J Wesolowski
J Hayes
S Hellings
E Hammond
M De Vries
R Beswick

The game kicks-off at 7.30pm and entry is £5 for adults and £3 for concessions.

No Fryatt !!! I wonder why ?

The article in the Mockery is bollocks.

The idea of matches against teams like Hinckley is to get players match fit, and to test different combinations of players.
We won't see anything that resembles the real first choice line up until nearer the start of the season. The whole squad has to get fit, not just the best 16.

We won't see anything that resembles the real first choice line up until half an hour before the Blackpool game.

How glaringly obvious is it from the list of players in tonights squad that we desperately need a left-back and a left-winger. On Saturday we had Mattock and Sheehan, Porter and a youth-teamer making up the left side of the team. Whatever the arguments are about how good Porter is or whether Mattock is ready for the first-team on a regular basis, surely we can all agree that these four players will not get us through a successful, promotion chasing season.

How glaringly obvious is it from the list of players in tonights squad that we desperately need a left-back and a left-winger. On Saturday we had Mattock and Sheehan, Porter and a youth-teamer making up the left side of the team. Whatever the arguments are about how good Porter is or whether Mattock is ready for the first-team on a regular basis, surely we can all agree that these four players will not get us through a successful, promotion chasing season.

It isn't glaringly obvious. Mattock is a cracking player, if he's good enough he should play. Then we had Hayes on the left. Now he could be the find of the season for us. Even Levi was looking sharper than before. Alan Sheehan is more than capable as back up.

I think MA has instilled some self belief into this squad, its starting to show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00