Hinckley United 2007/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 'orrible. Most of the terraces are made from steel - not concrete, one terrace is a load of slabs with little else and the entrance to the ground is an awful mix of half-hearted tarmac and hardcore which will last about 12 months before having to be relaid.

Should have got decent architects to design it....Like hinckley did......

Currently in the drop zone by one point. They probably have 2 of their biggest games in their history this Easter weekend. Hucknall at home tomorrow who Hinckley are just below and then Blyth away on the Monday who are just above Hucknall.

Last edited:
Won 2-1 with ten men.

The game against Blyth on Monday is going to be live on BBC Radio Leicester.

:038::038:

Bloody good job as well, because a loss would have almost certainly meant relegation.

Won 3-1 and Hucknall lost....

4 points clear! :icon_cool

Looks like Hinckley might pull it out of the bag after getting 10 points in the last 4 games. Wish Leicester would put on a run similar.

We might be playing the feckers soon enough.

Will mean Thomas saves his job for a while longer which isn't necessarily a step forward but good news all the same.

From an outsiders point of view it seems to me that the Thomas bloke is shit.

Am i right?

From an outsiders point of view it seems to me that the Thomas bloke is shit.

Am i right?

If you think one bad season in ten is pretty shit, then yes I suppose. :icon_conf

Hinckley have been over performing relative to their budget for a number of years tbh and this season if they stay up is probably nearer their level. They have gone through a massive number of players since last summer (sounds like another team we all know) and that has seen them struggle, whereas they have now named the same line up for 4 matches running and as the last 2 results have shown that is begining to pay off.

Hinckley have been over performing relative to their budget for a number of years tbh and this season if they stay up is probably nearer their level. They have gone through a massive number of players since last summer (sounds like another team we all know) and that has seen them struggle, whereas they have now named the same line up for 4 matches running and as the last 2 results have shown that is begining to pay off.

Mostly Thomas' decision to get shot of the players that got them within 3 minutes of the conference though.

Mostly Thomas' decision to get shot of the players that got them within 3 minutes of the conference though.

hmmm possibly, the big clear out last summer didnt do the continuity any good at all.

There wasn't a "big clear out" last summer.

The bloke has shown himself up this season. He's dumped a number of players this season who have since gone on to better things. He got rid of Marrison whose now in double figures for Tamworth, he had a fall-out with Andy Brown which meant he went to Nuneaton and in August, got rid of the best player, Stevenson.

Then he dumped his best mate out of the assistant manager job, leaving him to carry the can. As previously mentioned he's far too 'in' with the Downes. Rumour says that in one board meeting - a majority of the board wanted Thomas Out, Downes said 'if Thomas goes, I go'.

This was always going to be difficult - a lot more bigger fish in the Conf North and more teams nearby Hinckley playing which means more teams competing for the same pool of players to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566