Hinckley United 2007/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to say. The guy we awarded man of the match to clearly didnt agree with us as he didnt come to collect it!!

I've been to all the home games so far and it has been painful to watch.
Philpott has been their best player in most of the games which probably says it all.
On the plus side, the food is very good - the pork, stuffing and apple sauce cob is a real treat.

Not a very good season thus far

One from bottom - 4 draws, 3 losses.

Best player Neil Cartwright double fracture of the leg
2 of your best performers and the transfer list.

A localish derby this Saturday at Hucknall and then on Monday Kettering at home. Kettering are absolutely shit hot at the minute - 7 wins out of 7 - when I watched em on Bank Holiday Monday they were the finest I had seen a team play at that level.

They have since given Jon Stevenson the boot! He has been released for, among other things, having a crap attitude which probably explains how he has plummeted down the leagues so quickly.

They have since given Jon Stevenson the boot! He has been released for, among other things, having a crap attitude which probably explains how he has plummeted down the leagues so quickly.

Real shame - I'd advise ya to go down the Marstons Monday night - Kettering are quite a sight at this level. Mark Cooper who Hinckley had the chance to give him some part at the club after a successful playing stint has thought outside of the box, brought in good players esp. the front two playing good stuff

Unsure whether to go Hucknall tomorrow - it's one ground to be done but it's the bottom two could be a horrid, dour encounter.

It will be a 6/7/8 goal thriller! Its normally a great game when two bottom clubs play. I would go if I wasn't working.

1-1 today with ten men.

No noticeable difference from when I last seen Hinckledash play unless they find some dynamic players upfront and going forward, a season of struggle is on the cards.

0-0 with Kettering last night moved them out the bottom 3

6 draws in 9 games

Last edited:
is it nuneaton away for boxing day?

might go along boxing day, beats eating turkey sandwiches

You mean the ground they have nicked off the rugger team.

It's 'orrible. Most of the terraces are made from steel - not concrete, one terrace is a load of slabs with little else and the entrance to the ground is an awful mix of half-hearted tarmac and hardcore which will last about 12 months before having to be relaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566