Hinckley United - pre-season friendly - Tuesday 17th July

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely going to be there assuming I don't get lost once I get off the M69

If you are coming from the Coventry direction on the M69, do NOT be tempted to go through Hinckley town centre to reach the ground.

Leave the M69 at J1 and turn left on to the A5 (Signposted Nuneaton and Earl Shilton)

Straight on at the first roundabout.

Past the Limekilns pub on your right.

Straight on at the next roundabout.

Turn right at the next roundabout onto the A47 (signposted Earl Shilton)

Go through the industrial estate. Carry on straight on at three roundabouts, passing the Tesco Warehouse, the Triumph motorbike factory and Morrisons supermarket as you go.

At the traffic lights at the crossroads, go straight on (still signposted Earl Shilton)

Carry on along the road, down the hill and you will see the ground on the right.

At the next roundabout, turn right (3rd exit). Entrance to the ground is on your right.

If you are coming from the Coventry direction on the M69, do NOT be tempted to go through Hinckley town centre to reach the ground.

Leave the M69 at J1 and turn left on to the A5 (Signposted Nuneaton and Earl Shilton)

Go through the industrial estate. Carry on straight on at three roundabouts, passing the Tesco Warehouse, the Triumph motorbike factory and Morrisons supermarket as you go.

At the traffic lights at the crossroads, go straight on (still signposted Earl Shilton)

Carry on along the road, down the hill and you will see the ground on the right.

At the next roundabout, turn right (3rd exit). Entrance to the ground is on your right.

Thats all very well but if they have got the A5 up along there it's much quicker to go through town! Im not sure if they have as I never go along that route because its forever rammed due to road works.

Thats all very well but if they have got the A5 up along there it's much quicker to go through town! Im not sure if they have as I never go along that route because its forever rammed due to road works.

The A5 is rammed even when there are no roadworks!

But by the time people are arriving for the match it shouldn't be too bad.

The A5 is rammed even when there are no roadworks!

But by the time people are arriving for the match it shouldn't be too bad.

As I say, I avoid it all costs, been stuck far too many times to remember. On one ocassion it took me 40 minutes to get from my house to the M69 roundabout (around 1.5 miles) :icon_roll:icon_roll

Bocs usually on the money but I wouldnt go this way :icon_wink

Is there a decent sized car park?

It is for the size of crowds they are used to but id suggest it will fill quite quickly tonight :)

Further parking is available on the main road (dont expect your wing mirrors to be in tact) or on Burbage Common visitors carpark over the road from the ground (could take in some dogging whilst your there, nice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566