bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Kick Off: 7:30 p.m.

Tickets
Adult £5.00
Concessions £3.00 - thanks go to Hazzman for the info

Fox Travel
To Hinckley? Would they?

Neither does it look as though it will be possible to use the local buses for the return journey - the last connecting bus to Leicester leaves Earl Shilton before 10 o'clock.

Directions & Parking
Follow the A47 for about 10 or 11 miles.

At roundabout turn left onto the B4668 (signposted Hinckley)

The ground is on your left.

About 12½ miles from Leicester city centre; about 30 minutes.

There is a 500-place car-park at the ground (charge)

Trains
I've had a quick look at the Arriva 81 service and the train timetable. It doesn't look as though there is any realistic chance of getting back to Leicester after the game. Sorry!

Pubs
The Queens Head and The Cross Keys at Barwell were recommended last time around. There is a also a good bar at the ground.

Click here to read the Go Away thread for the game last season.

Last edited:
Neither does it look as though it will be possible to use the local buses for the return journey - the last connecting bus to Leicester leaves Earl Shilton before 10 o'clock.

The last bus to Leicester leaves Barwell at 21:52.

With the match kicking off at 7:30, it should leave more than half an hour to walk from the ground to Barwell, which should be no problem for most people.

Trains
I've had a quick look at the Arriva 81 service and the train timetable. It doesn't look as though there is any realistic chance of getting back to Leicester after the game. Sorry!

By bus, walk 1.5 miles from the ground to Barwell, and catch the 21:52 Arriva 158 to Leicester - arriving at St Margaret's bus station at 22:30

By train, walk 2 miles from the ground to Hinckley station (or catch the 81 bus to the centre of Hinckley), and catch the 22:52 train to Leicester, arriving at Leicester at 23:10.

Last edited:
By bus, walk 1.5 miles from the ground to Barwell, and catch the 21:52 Arriva 158 to Leicester - arriving at St Margaret's bus station at 22:30

By train, walk 2 miles from the ground to Hinckley station (or catch the 81 bus to the centre of Hinckley), and catch the 22:52 train to Leicester, arriving at Leicester at 23:10.

I'm always wary of recommending walks of half-an-hour or more - we don't want to have TBers expiring through lack of fitness. Not sure what I think about the 81 bus back into Hinckley either - catch the one a few minutes after the match finishes and have an hour to wait for the train - miss it, wait 60 minutes for the next one and you have only 7 minutes to get down from its Regent Street terminus to the station; not a lot unless you know exactly where you are going.

All of this leads me to believe that public transport is not a realistic alternative.

I'm always wary of recommending walks of half-an-hour or more - we don't want to have TBers expiring through lack of fitness.

If they can't manage a mile and a half walk they deserve to be stranded in Barwell :icon_bigg

Not sure what I think about the 81 bus back into Hinckley either - catch the one a few minutes after the match finishes and have an hour to wait for the train - miss it, wait 60 minutes for the next one and you have only 7 minutes to get down from its Regent Street terminus to the station; not a lot unless you know exactly where you are going.

The one 'a few minutes after the match finishes' is more like 15 minutes after the match finishes, so not much chance of missing it. And if you do miss it there's plenty of time to walk to the station instead.

If they can't manage a mile and a half walk they deserve to be stranded in Barwell :icon_bigg

I agree - but I don't want either TB or myself to be served with claims for overnight stays or inter-urban taxi rides.

The one 'a few minutes after the match finishes' is more like 15 minutes after the match finishes, so not much chance of missing it. And if you do miss it there's plenty of time to walk to the station instead.

But see what I said above. It means an hour's wait on the lonely streets of Hinckley. I don't think it's realistic.

This is a match which people (from Leicester) will go to by car - or they won't go at all.

They're not that lonely. There's a Duzza behind every bush.

Steady on, Jeff. Nobody will want to go to the match if they think that's the kind of environment they will have to pass through.

The climb up the hill to Barwell could be a bit much for some:icon_wink

Last edited by a moderator:
Kick Off: 7:30 p.m.

There is a 500-place car-park at the ground (charge)

It will only be 500 if the weather is good and the grass is dry. The car park itself will hold between 200-300. And there will not be a charge for the car park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566