Hinckley United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orifice

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/news/L...ey-United/article-1170972-detail/article.html

Leicester City hit back for 2-2 draw at Hinckley United

Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 21:30

Leicester City staged a spirited second-half recovery as honours ended even in a 2-2 draw against Hinckley United at the Greene King Stadium.
City were 2-0 down at the break as the Knitters made a terrific start with goals inside the first 12 minutes from centre-half Lee Collins and striker Ange Lorougnan.
But City deservedly got back into contention through substitute Billy Kee after 59 minutes.
Johnny Hayes squared the contest after 79 minutes

Last edited:
Ricky Sappleton you are a pile of steaming wank, enjoy the easy money why you can, because I can assure you that you WILL be playing non league football in 2 years max.

If only these young pretenders could realise that their attitude is the main thing that holds them back, they really are a waste of space.

I'm still not sure his heart is in it. lool...

Yesterday @ 18:25
Ricky Sappleton in dis borein dressin room cnt wait to go home lool
Yesterday @ 23:01
Ricky Sappleton some 1 pls get me out of here am pullin my hair out
Ricky Sappleton at 23:20 on 15 July
am stuck in leicester i wana leave lool

What a ****. Sack him off Nige, he's shit anyway.

He wasn't even good enough for Telford in Conference North. Bin him off to the Unibond where he belongs.

Yesterday @ 18:25
Ricky Sappleton in dis borein dressin room cnt wait to go home lool
Ricky Sappleton at 23:20 on 15 July
am stuck in leicester i wana leave lool

whats lool??

obviously lol is laugh out loud...but lool??? Is he laughing out outter loud or something stupid?

Laughing Outrageously Out Loud

As we all will when we finally get rid of the useless feck

He dosen't have any hair....

Now this is a guy who will not go very far in football, the likes off him and Ross Turnbull are just pretenders.

Talking of facebook I have just been on there and realised that johnny hayes has deleted me as one of his friends!! I am mortified can life get any lower than being deleted by johnny hayes ffs.:icon_conf

fecking. hate. stupid. acronyms. like. that.

Any why put it after every god damn sentence. If the person did that in real life you'd commit him.

FHSALT - Me too!! :icon_bigg

Talking of facebook I have just been on there and realised that johnny hayes has deleted me as one of his friends!! I am mortified can life get any lower than being deleted by johnny hayes ffs.:icon_conf

Johnny Hayes inviting you to be a friend. :icon_bigg

A longer match report is now available from thisisleicestershire.co.uk. :icon_bigg :icon_wink

Substitutes on target as Leicester City rally for 2-2 draw at Hinckley United
Thursday, July 16, 2009, 08:00

Substitutes Billy Kee and Johnny Hayes inspired a Leicester City fightback at Hinckley's Greene King Stadium last night.

The City pair went on off the bench to score a goal each and they squared a good contest against their Conference North hosts.

It was all Hinckley in the opening stages.

They led 2-0 after just 12 minutes, and could have easily have doubled their advantage before the 20-minute mark.

The Knitters were ahead after only four minutes when a Lee Collins header from an Andy Gooding cross went into off a post.
Click here for more

Andy Hall shot wide from distance after eight minutes but, four minutes later, Hinckley increased their advantage.

Hall's shot was blocked by City keeper Alex Cisak but the ball struck Hall and went into the net.

The pace of French striker Ange Lorougnan was troubling the City back-line and the Knitters striker almost made it 3-0 after 15 minutes but his header rebounded off the crossbar.

City's Cian Bolger was rounded by Lorougnan, who was with Barwell last season, but Cisak was out quickly to block his attempt as City struggled to cope with the pace of the Hinckley front-man.

Craig King conjured a rare response from City just after the half-hour mark but his angled shot from 15 yards went wide.

At the start of the second half, City sent on Kee, very impressive at Loughborough on Saturday, and Hayes, and that had an immediate effect on their attacking threat. Three minutes into the second half, Hayes set up James Wesolowski, who burst clear of the defence but his well-placed shot was expertly saved by Chris Mackenzie.

Kee's arrival, as a replacement for King, was even more influential because he reduced the deficit after 59 minutes.

Mackenzie tried to dribble the ball outside the penalty area but lost possession to the tigerish Kee, who raced away to fire into an empty net.

Hayes was also making a big impact and his left-foot shot after 63 minutes was cleared off the line by Knitters substitute Richard Lavery.

Ricky Sappleton fired a long-range attempt straight at substitute keeper Nick Jupp as City pressed for an equaliser which looked on after 74 minutes only for Robert Douglas to shoot wide.

But, five minutes later, City were level when Hayes emphasised his contribution by sweeping home the equaliser.

In the final minutes, there were chances at both ends with Hinckley substitute Jack Roberts going close for the Knitters.

City reserve-team boss Gerry Taggart said: "It wasn't rocket science to make the changes we did at half-time but they did make a difference.

"You will never come to places like Hinckley and get away with things easily.

"In the second half we earned the right, in the first half we didn't."

Knitters manager Dean Thomas said his side were excellent for an hour of the contest.

He added: "We knew that fatigue would kick in because their fitness levels are far higher. However, we were excellent in the first 45 minutes and really put them under a lot of pressure."

Hinckley: Mackenzie (Jupp 61), Mace, Giddings, Gooding (Jackson 70), Collins (Lister 45), Green (Platnaeur 45), Hall, Dillon (Roberts 72), Webster (Haughton 61), Lorougnan, Cartwright (Lavery 61). Unused sub: Taylor.

City: Cisak, Milnes, Rowe-Turner, Verma (Hinks 57), Parkes, Bolger, Douglas (John 73), Wesolowski, C King (Kee 45), Sappleton (Yussuf 70), Porter (Hayes 45). Unused sub: Ambrusics.

Referee: Martin Dexter (Glenfield).

Attendance: 423.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572