Hirschfield and Dawson gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not as if Douglas is the answer to our keeping troubles necessarily. It just seems that we are going to struggle to attract decent palyers next term.

What odds on a non SPL player joining this summer?

homer said:
DurhamFox said:
highland fox said:
I alse see Dublin still hasn't signed,stalling..hoping for something from somewhere else?

Wouldn't blame him. Douglas stalling for 6+weeks. No news on Sylla. I wonder if we will rue releasing all these players.

Can hardly expect Douglas to sign when the jocko season hasn't finished yet

And you can't say that he's the answer to all our prayers, could you ?

It's only May 17, and everybody is moaning about the size of the squad, FFS

Give the poor bastard a chance to sign a couple !

Too right and those who have gone are hardly irreplaceable are they? We were poor last season so change is needed,I'm happy to see the squad reduced rather have 16-18 decent players than 14 decent ones and another 10 there to make up the numbers.

at least lazzer will provide some entertainment something we havent had much of this season

Yorkshire Vixen said:
at least lazzer will provide some entertainment something we havent had much of this season

Problem is he eats more pies than Kevin Pressman

Can we afford him ?

DurhamFox said:
It's not as if Douglas is the answer to our keeping troubles necessarily.

I think Cudicini is staying with Chelsea,we aren't going to get A World Class Keeper Douglas is as good as we can expect IMO.

highland fox said:
DurhamFox said:
It's not as if Douglas is the answer to our keeping troubles necessarily.

I think Cudicini is staying with Chelsea,we aren't going to get A World Class Keeper Douglas is as good as we can expect IMO.

No I agree HF, that wasn't worded too well.

He is the absolute best we can expect, but he isn't great and it seems we may have to lower our sights somewhat.

Theres no need to panic,if you remember we got rid of a lot of players at this time last year and look at the quality we brought in-Makin,Wilcox,Pressman,Gemmill,Blake...so there you are! What we need is someone older to give CL a bit of guidance...whats Howard 'The Steadier of Ships' Wilkinson doing these days?

highland fox said:
Theres no need to panic,if you remember we got rid of a lot of players at this time last year and look at the quality we brought in-Makin,Wilcox,Pressman,Gemmill,Blake...so there you are! What we need is someone older to give CL a bit of guidance...whats Howard 'The Steadier of Ships' Wilkinson doing these days?

You've really set my mind at rest there. :lol:

i was speaking to Dublin down the soar point on sunday and he says he will be here next season as he will be signing the contract. really nice guy, was having a pint with his dad whilst watching the relegation battle.

if dublin has said he is staying and will sign new contract why hasnt he done so yet?

DurhamFox said:
highland fox said:

You know you want Howard back DF,no nonsense Football, no stupid tactics like 'Attacking'...

Yorkshire Vixen said:
if dublin has said he is staying and will sign new contract why hasnt he done so yet?

Players always give the answer they think the person asking wants to hear when out and about in the town where they ply their trade. Can you see him turning around and saying...

'CL is shite, the fans have been on my back and I am getting out, you couldn't pay me enough to stay'??

Thought not :D

They've only been talking about it for a couple of weeks, FFS

Some of these negotiations take feckin' ages - maybe he wants two years and we're giving offering only one

Maybe he wants a coaching role, and we're putting a package together

The season has been over for one week and two days, and people are wittering on about the size of the squad and how long it is taking to sign anyone

Unbelievable :roll:

highland fox said:
DurhamFox said:
highland fox said:

You know you want Howard back DF,no nonsense Football, no stupid tactics like 'Attacking'...

you sicken me :lol:

homer said:

Another one wanting Coaching!! We can't employ all these Drivers,we only have the one bus...it's madness.

highland fox said:
homer said:

Another one wanting Coaching!! We can't employ all these Drivers,we only have the one bus...it's madness.

Maybe Dion could run the youth team around and Wilcox could drive the big boys bus??

DurhamFox said:
highland fox said:
homer said:

Maybe Dion could run the youth team around and Wilcox could drive the big boys bus??

Be serious FFS.....we are cost cutting here,the Youth Team Mini Bus will have to go...

Anyone think ChavChat are over reacting a tad to the news Dawson is leaving.....

Quote: Hoof
.... this is wrong, the biggest outcry since The Hillsborough Disaster. You'll all agree with me when you see him playing top level football in 3 years time. I hope he goes on to give Levein nightmares and shit's in his beer after the match to really rub it in......

Just a thought.

I'm sure the relations of the people who lost their lives at Hillsborough would agree........Fecking unbelievable and isn't he one of their Mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669