Holiday online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never been on a plane,never been abroad other than a day trip to Calais.Been to Ireland a few times but always via ferry

Never been on a plane? Bloody hell. Haven't they discovered them in Scotland yet? :icon_wink

I want to visit some more places in Europe, only place I've been to in Europe is France. I've also lived abroad in the Middle East for 2 years.....:icon_cool

you know MK, all Insurance companies are wankers. They will not tell you when you are covered for other things, but they will let you take out other policies to cover you for things you are already covered for. Then they only let you claim from one of them when the occasion arises.
I only found out about travel insurance being included on my household policy, when I read the small print on the microdot on the policy.

I'm not disputing what you are saying but I don't understand this. Why would they give you something in your cost and not tell you about it? Surely the only reason they would tag on holiday insurance f'r instance would be to say when you are thinking of signing up "Oh and we'll throw in free holiday insurance"?

Never been on a plane? Bloody hell. Haven't they discovered them in Scotland yet? :icon_wink

Other than New Zealand and Iceland there aren't reallyany plces I want to go that require me to use a plane.I moved up to and live in the place I used to holiday in:102:

WTF are you on about Gloria ?:icon_conf
2007medium_the-a-team.jpg

My mate died of Deep Throbbing Veins, he was in his mid 30's, I shit myself everytime I go down!!!!!

sometimes the gag reflex is your worst enemy eh?

I've booked our last two holiday on www.sunmaster.co.uk

They book your flight and hotel separately so it can work out cheaper depending where u go. Both years have been good so far.

You'll need to book transfers separately though, but prices are quite cheap if you shop around.

I'm not disputing what you are saying but I don't understand this. Why would they give you something in your cost and not tell you about it? Surely the only reason they would tag on holiday insurance f'r instance would be to say when you are thinking of signing up "Oh and we'll throw in free holiday insurance"?

I didnt know there was holiday insurance until we looked closely after a mate told me to look. If you don't know you will buy another policy anyway and if there is a claim it will be against that one, thats the only logical answer I can give.
Where the **** is Nathan?

I didnt know there was holiday insurance until we looked closely after a mate told me to look. If you don't know you will buy another policy anyway and if there is a claim it will be against that one, thats the only logical answer I can give.
Where the **** is Nathan?

Sure you're not referring to the protection offered by Abta/Atol (or whoever they are) ? They only provide certain guarantees.

Some travel agents do include the travel insurance in the cost but would usually tell you if they had. Sale of any insurance policy should be accompanied by a key features document. I believe this to be the law in general insurance (i work in life & pensions!)

Even if they didn't tell you, you should've asked the question. Usually costs another 10/15/20 notes to add it on from personal experience. Go to the post office instead.

In the event of a claim, If you can prove that you have dual insurance you will be able to claim the premiums back from one of the providers.

Sure you're not referring to the protection offered by Abta/Atol (or whoever they are) ? They only provide certain guarantees.

Some travel agents do include the travel insurance in the cost but would usually tell you if they had. Sale of any insurance policy should be accompanied by a key features document. I believe this to be the law in general insurance (i work in life & pensions!)

Even if they didn't tell you, you should've asked the question. Usually costs another 10/15/20 notes to add it on from personal experience. Go to the post office instead.

In the event of a claim, If you can prove that you have dual insurance you will be able to claim the premiums back from one of the providers.

Nice one Nathan.
But my household insurance also covers for travel, and is better than most holiday travel insurance offered elsewhere. We have had this included for years and did not know about it, just assumed it covered household contents and the like, you don't expect it to cover travel as well. Its worth looking into before buying travel insurance elsewhere.

But my household insurance also covers for travel, and is better than most holiday travel insurance offered elsewhere. We have had this included for years and did not know about it, just assumed it covered household contents and the like, you don't expect it to cover travel as well. Its worth looking into before buying travel insurance elsewhere.

Are you going to tell us who this insurance is with so we can all consider switching to them - or are you going to keep it a secret. Perhaps you should arrange to get some commission.

Nice one Nathan.

You might also have it through your bank account (i do). Or Credit Card provider. It's not a massively expensive add on to any financial product so it's any easy tool to lure people in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566