Holloway Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
That does surprise me - petrol-engined cars nowadays have a filler into which diesel nozzles will not fit . Are you sure it wasn't a friend of a friend of your mate's husband that saw this incident?

Seen him drive a old red VW Beetle and a big 4*4 ,A BMW (I thnk)

Last edited:
No. He's just forgetful.

I hope he remembers what he has done to Leicester City Football Club - for the benefit of of Heineken Matt and the rest of the 'Ollie' supporters - Stockport & Rochdale are currently battling it out for the right to plkay in the same division as us next season.

A lot of people should be hanginf their faces in shame.

Had Holloway been sac ked in early March I don't think there is any way that we would now be in this appalling situation.

I hope he remembers what he has done to Leicester City Football Club - for the benefit of of Heineken Matt and the rest of the 'Ollie' supporters - Stockport & Rochdale are currently battling it out for the right to plkay in the same division as us next season.

Had Holloway been sac ked in early March I don't think there is any way that we would now be in this appalling situation.

well said :038::038:

I fought for stability, it has to be said. But, when thinking about it all now for a while, I simply cannot excuse the fact that Mr Holloway just was not up to the job, I'm afraid this really is the only fact.

Apology excepted.......................:icon_wink

Not Stockport and Rochdale though who are showing/have shown more and desire and spirit than us this year. :icon_wink

OK - I am just emailing the editor of the Bucks Free News for a definitive view.

I think we should attach you to an electric shock giving machine so every time you post the Bucks Free News reference you get a suitable amount of volts coursing around your body to deter you from continually mentioning it!

You're like a dog with a bone.

Waits for edits...

I think we should attach you to an electric shock giving machine so every time you post the Bucks Free News reference you get a suitable amount of volts coursing around your body to deter you from continually mentioning it!

You're like a dog with a bone.

Waits for edits...

I agree, I think that I have done the Bucks Free Press News to death.

However, behind all that nonsense is the fact that quite an number of people on this website contributed to the climate of opinion that helped to enable Mandaric to ignore the obvious deficiencies of a hopelessly out of depth manager when if any sort of sense had prevailed supporfters would have united to demand his replacement to give the club a fighting chance of avoiding relegation.

I hope this clarifies. Thank you.

I was talking about Ben:icon_eek:

I was talking about Ben:icon_eek:

I know, but it suited me to ignore that -i accept that your Ben is not directly to blame for Leicester's relegation.

But Holloway is directly to blame and Mandaric is indirectly to blame for allowing him to contine in post - and quite a lot of supporters must share some responsibility for being fooled by Holloway into giving him their support and making it more difficult for Mandaric to do the right thing.

But Holloway is directly to blame and Mandaric is indirectly to blame for allowing him to contine in post - and quite a lot of supporters must share some responsibility for being fooled by Holloway into giving him their support and making it more difficult for Mandaric to do the right thing.

I honestly believe that MM had no choice in the matter of keeping IH until the end of the season.
Do you really believe he would have left Plymouth without some security in his contract?
IH is no fool, everybody knew Milan's track record with managers, and his contract would have guaranteed that he would be given until the end of the season.
This would also have been in place through the playoff period.
That is why he could not fire his sorry ass out the door after the Stoke game.
With Milan’s experience he saw the writing on the wall as to the outcome of the season.
Maybe that is why MM got out of the country; the frustration of not been able to fire him was too much to take.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly believe that MM had no choice in the matter of keeping IH until the end of the season.
Do you really believe he would have left Plymouth without some security in his contract?
IH is no fool, everybody knew Milan’s track record with managers, and his contract would have guaranteed that he would be given until the end of the season.
This would also have been in place through the playoff period.
That is why he could not fire his sorry ass out the door after the Stoke game.
With Milan's experience he saw the writing on the wall as to the outcome of the season.
Maybe that is why MM got out of the country; the frustration of not been able to fire him was too much to take.

Even if what you say is correct - and I just don't think football works that way - Holloway could have been placed on 'gardening leave' and someone else given temporary responsibility.

It was unusual, although not unique, for Mandaric to be out of the country for the crucial last game for pressing family reasons - but i think any frustration was because he realised the enormity of the mistake he had made in not moving on Holloway. I also think that it is still sinking in with the club and supporters just how disastrous this situation is - when you realise that we will be playing the winners of the Fourth Division play offs next season rather than Birmingham and derby it begins to hit home.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't wish to be a pedant, but isn't it beck and call?

Faired income if not. :icon_wink

Shouldn't it be Beckham Call on a football forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669