Holloway Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if what you say is correct - and I just don't think football works that way - Holloway could have been placed on 'gardening leave' and someone else given temporary responsibility.

It was unusual, although not unique, for Mandaric to be out of the country for the crucial last game for pressing family reasons - but i think any frustration was because he realised the enormity of the mistake he had made in not moving on Holloway. I also think that it is still sinking in with the club and supporters just how disastrous this situation is - when you realise that we will be playing the winners of the Fourth Division play offs next season rather than Birmingham and derby it begins to hit home.

I also believe that a different manager would not have got Leicester relegated. However I think whilst MM during the season had probably decided IH wasn't up to the job and would part company with him in the summer (at minimal cost than an instant dismissal would), he couldn't have thought that he would really get Leicester relegated. Who would have thought relegation was remotely possible with all that money behind him, some decent players in the team and about the best defense in the division? He probably just thought this under-preforming clown of a manager would leave the team at least 2 or 3 places above the relegation spot. At critical times when it was early enough to dismiss Holloway he unfortunately (in retrospect) managed to pull off the odd good result especially against Palace & WBA which kept him in the job past the point of no return (i.e no dismissal) - if only he had lost those, MM might have acted & dismissed him in time! Once the bad results and form continued MM probably felt he was stuck with the man until the end of the season but at least throwing more money at him in terms of the last ditch loans (Hendrie, Bell & Ethu) would save the club. It only became sickeningly obvious that the manager was even worse than we thought and managed to 'achieve' the unthinkable. Whilst it is history now and we have to look ahead, I'm convinced that whilst the manager had inherited a lot of problems this only made promotion impossible and not relegation inevitable. His team selections, his tactics and his signings resulted in the drop.

Last edited:
I also believe that a different manager would not have got Leicester relegated. However I think whilst MM during the season had probably decided IH wasn't up to the job and would part company with him in the summer (at minimal cost than an instant dismissal would), he couldn't have thought that he would really get Leicester relegated. Who would have thought relegation was remotely possible with all that money behind him, some decent players in the team and about the best defense in the division? He probably just thought this under-preforming clown of a manager would leave the team at least 2 or 3 places above the relegation spot. At critical times when it was early enough to dismiss Holloway he unfortunately (in retrospect) managed to pull off the odd good result especially against Palace & WBA which kept him in the job past the point of no return (i.e no dismissal) - if only he had lost those, MM might have acted & dismissed him in time! Once the bad results and form continued MM probably felt he was stuck with the man until the end of the season but at least throwing more money at him in terms of the last ditch loans (Hendrie, Bell & Ethu) would save the club. It only became sickeningly obvious that the manager was even worse than we thought and managed to 'achieve' the unthinkable. Whilst it is history now and we have to look ahead, I'm convinced that whilst the manager had inherited a lot of problems this only made promotion impossible and not relegation inevitable. His team selections, his tactics and his signings resulted in the drop.

Well said - Agree 100%

Why can't people spell defence? This is not American Football you know!

Mind you the way we play isn't much like British football!

yeah give him a brake

I also believe that a different manager would not have got Leicester relegated. However I think whilst MM during the season had probably decided IH wasn't up to the job and would part company with him in the summer (at minimal cost than an instant dismissal would), he couldn't have thought that he would really get Leicester relegated. Who would have thought relegation was remotely possible with all that money behind him, some decent players in the team and about the best defense in the division?

He probably just thought this under-preforming clown of a manager would leave the team at least 2 or 3 places above the relegation spot. At critical times when it was early enough to dismiss Holloway he unfortunately (in retrospect) managed to pull off the odd good result especially against Palace & WBA which kept him in the job past the point of no return (i.e no dismissal) - if only he had lost those, MM might have acted & dismissed him in time!

Once the bad results and form continued MM probably felt he was stuck with the man until the end of the season but at least throwing more money at him in terms of the last ditch loans (Hendrie, Bell & Ethu) would save the club. It only became sickeningly obvious that the manager was even worse than we thought and managed to 'achieve' the unthinkable. Whilst it is history now and we have to look ahead, I'm convinced that whilst the manager had inherited a lot of problems this only made promotion impossible and not relegation inevitable. His team selections, his tactics and his signings resulted in the drop.

That is how it plays out in my mind as well. Also as I have said before the Manager turnover, some of it his fault and some not, finally made him hang on to someone that, if we had not had the turnover, he would have sacked much earlier. :icon_conf

That is how it plays out in my mind as well. Also as I have said before the Manager turnover, some of it his fault and some not, finally made him hang on to someone that, if we had not had the turnover, he would have sacked much earlier. :icon_conf

I would just like to say thanks to Steven for making Consty's post readable.
His posts are always a wall of words that give me a kind of temporary dyslexia.

I still don't believe that Holloway was or is a bad manager, he's just a victim of the Leicester City regime. We are the disease - he was just infected with it.

We are living proof that money cannot buy success - we've been skint for the last few seasons and the first season we have money, we're relegated. We have shown that having a foreign chairman who throws a load of money at the club is not the answer. I'd even go as far as saying that we are the prime example that money means nothing in the modern game - at least Chelsea have progressed under Abramovich. Our club has been irreparably damaged under Mandaric.

Ever since our final relegation to the championship we've had ideas above our station, with our 'premier league' stadium and facilities. With our current chairman it won't be too long before this is our downfall.

Any particular reason?

Only that it sounds a bit like dyslexia.
I definitely don't suffer from dyspraxia, as my wanking marathons prove. I am enduring a little bit of wine provoked dyspepsia though which isn't helping my dysthymia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669