Holloway out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if MM could turn back the clock back to before he bought us he would but I don't see him walking away and I imagine unlike some on here he sees relegation as a total footballing disaster and not the start of a new dawn.

He has to cough up another two and a half mill this summer under the terms of the sale....

As to the debt he's built up - I think he'd have difficulty extracting himself out of that quickly, so you've got to assume he'll be staying for a while. Although if he's just acting as guarantor rather than lending the club his own money, fleeing the country might be an option.

Thanks

I guess that you have more of a grasp of what may be the intracasies of his ownership than me. So what do you think?

Guess again, I'm as thick as an elephant sandwich but I wouldn't have thought it as simple as Milan saying "bollocks to this, I'm off".

Guess again, I'm as thick as an elephant sandwich but I wouldn't have thought it as simple as Milan saying "bollocks to this, I'm off".

This is all on the very edge of my ignorance too but could he not just withdraw any funding and basically leave the club to rot ? Before someone comes in with a snide belittling remark I confess to not having a clue what I'm talking about

Last edited:
You don't know what you are talking about. MM has lost more than that already. He can not simply just walk away from the club.

Rubbish, MM may have spent more than £600k, but any extra is not spending what you and I would consider as our own money. He could therefore sell the club for a quid, ala Chelsea to Bates, and walk away with a loss of £600k.

I think if MM could turn back the clock back to before he bought us he would but I don't see him walking away and I imagine unlike some on here he sees relegation as a total footballing disaster and not the start of a new dawn.

I think you are absolutely correct.

This is all on the very edge of my ignorance too but could he not just withdraw any funding and basically leave the club to rot ? Before someone comes in with a snide belittling remark I confess to not having a clue what I'm talking about

If he wanted to "balance the club's books" and cover any losses his most simple way would be to sell Mattock, Stearman, Kisnorbo, Hume and McCauley etc who would all atttract reasonable fee's.

Rubbish, MM may have spent more than £600k, but any extra is not spending what you and I would consider as our own money. He could therefore sell the club for a quid, ala Chelsea to Bates, and walk away with a loss of £600k.

explain this for the stupid among us please 1966?

Because at £600K I could have got that money raised to buy the club myself

They didn't go down.

Regarding Mandaric, I think there is also a possibility that he may have to take a temporary 'leave of absence' for legal reasons.

explain this for the stupid among us please 1966?

Because at £600K I could have got that money raised to buy the club myself

That's how much he agreed with the previous owners, they accepted - under duress - as he was seen as MM was supposed to be the messiah who would lead us back to the promised land. Thay would not have let the club go for such a low amount to anybody.

You clearly do have some idea of what you are talking about so why would anybody do that.

He can certainly refuse to do any further spending and leave the club to rot - but he is already in it for far more than £600k, including the amounts he has already committed to. In effect what he would have to do is to sell the club, if only for a penny. He would, of course, have to find a buyer even at that low price.

Last edited:
That's how much he agreed with the previous owners, they accepted - under duress - as he was seen as MM was supposed to be the messiah who would lead us back to the promised land. Thay would not have let the club go for such a low amount to anybody.
well the old board must have been a right shower then devoid of any business knowledge if thats what MM did. Why could they not do what MM has done then?

Thats why I say its utter bollocks.

Before he came we did not have a pot to piss in, and looking at what you say the 600K went to the previous owners. I cannot help looking at what has since been spent on players, players wages and agents fees. Let alone the paying off of managers and players contracts that were surplus to requirement.

Not a great deal has changed otherwise, gates have stayed the same maybe a little down, television is the same so I cannot see where the extra money to pay for these players and managers has come from. Please explain it in more detail to me as I think Cardiff are up for sale soon.

they nearly went down, they didn't go down. I am pretty sure of that.

Pompey's centenary season, 1998-99, saw a serious financial crisis hit the club, and in December 1998 Portsmouth went into financial administration. Milan Mandarić saved the club with a takeover deal in May 1999, and the new chairman immediately started investing. However the club only survived on the last day of the 2000-2001 season when they won their final game and Huddersfield Town lost theirs, keeping Portsmouth up at their expense.

Last edited:

He could give it away for free if he could find somebody willing to take on the debts. That wouldn't be an easy matter. It isn't going to happen.

And he *is* already personally committed to more than the amount you quote.

He could give it away for free if he could find somebody willing to take on the debts. That wouldn't be an easy matter. It isn't going to happen.

Any personal committments are in the form of 'directors loans' which gaurantee's him his return before anybody else.

Any personal committments are in the form of 'directors loans' which gaurantee's him his return before anybody else.

and if there is nothing there how does he get his "loan" back?

also try telling that to the VAT or Tax man

Last edited:

One thing I do agree with you is that I do not think he will walk away, what I dissagree about is the potential loss to MM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669