Holloway Staying

Status
Not open for further replies.
probably wont believe me but I am not targetting everything you say Alex, but......

being under siege does become more likely if you have no outlet up front to give the ball to, does help also if you have no midfield to back that outlet up

Ha ha, it's a good debate....

I agree, I think Hayles was poor in his role - and something I would have looked at changing earlier. Having said that, Hayles DOES cause defenders problems, he will put himself about more than DJ or Howard and I can see why a manager might leave him on, just in case.

For my money though, either play him up front with Hume, or leave him on the bench. In hindsight I actually think we should have always played Hume up front and merely worried about who would partner him.

Today was Holloway's chance to put his resuce operation to MM. MM will now be digesting it, and deciding if he's all talk, or if he's capable.

He's decided IMO,if he was to sack him now before the season started he would look a bigger fool than he already has made himself look.Like I said IH has the gift of the gab and he can definately talk the talk got to hand him that.

I also remember seeing Ian Holloway's Leicester City side play the best football I have seen us play for years, one being against Bristol City at home...

If the team and his tactics had been up to scatch we would have scored. No good playing good football if you don't take the chances is it?

He's decided IMO,if he was to sack him now before the season started he would look a bigger fool than he already has made himself look.Like I said IH has the gift of the gab and he can definately talk the talk got to hand him that.

I agree, and this would have been because MM's contacts and agency insiders would have warned him that his preferred replacements would not be interested in the position.

That's my worry, that Holloway has done a job on MM with more promises.

If the team and his tactics had been up to scatch we would have scored. No good playing good football if you don't take the chances is it?

Very true, but it was really quite unbelievable how we didn't score that game. Gary Johnson even mentioned that was their hardest away challenge of the season at their players' night recently according to a Bristle mate of mine.

I agree, and this would have been because MM's contacts and agency insiders would have warned him that his preferred replacements would not be interested in the position.

I think it is more on a financial step more than anything. Paying IH off will not be peanuts, and its taking money away from a transfer fund.

Very true, but it was really quite unbelievable how we didn't score that game. Gary Johnson even mentioned that was their hardest away challenge of the season at their players' night recently according to a Bristle mate of mine.

they also had an off day too. But thats football, and nearly a one off

Holloway must feel really valued if that is the case..''You can keep the job Ian because the people I really want won't come here,you will have to do for now''.

I think it is more on a financial step more than anything. Paying IH off will not be peanuts, and its taking money away from a transfer fund.

Perhaps. My biggest worry TBH is that MM will have further says in our transfer policy this summer.

I agree, I think Hayles was poor in his role - and something I would have looked at changing earlier. Having said that, Hayles DOES cause defenders problems, he will put himself about more than DJ or Howard and I can see why a manager might leave him on, just in case.

For my money though, either play him up front with Hume, or leave him on the bench. In hindsight I actually think we should have always played Hume up front and merely worried about who would partner him.

agreed, hume being the one who gave us a chance of survival with his comeback from injury to be played out of position was just wrong.

As for the two who don't put themselves about;

DJ hopefully will go in the summer, if any manager who comes in thinks he is a decent forward then we will see ourselves down at his level which even Yeading would be ashamed to be at. Howard has been a big let down and shouldn't be allowed to leave as a punishment but also due to the fact a season in a league lower than his ability may give him confidence to come back to what he was like the previous two seasons.

one uprfront works sometimes (Carlisle tonight for example) but only if you have a midfield to support it, anyways........i'm fecked an off to bed

Last edited:
Perhaps. My biggest worry TBH is that MM will have further says in our transfer policy this summer.

it's his money, and IH signings have not been too good have they.

I would have loved Hendrie to have stayed, but thats life.

TBF, if tt was my money, and the gimp in charge had already proved he can piss it up the wall better than the rest, then I would like some say in where it gets spent.

If Holloway stays, MM will be treating him like a baby, of that I'm certain.

That's my worry, that Holloway has done a job on MM with more promises.

We are all just bitter bastards:icon_lol: I've come to terms with it on the 3 hour journey home,he's here and theres nothing my whinging will do about it.Sad isn't it he got me beat:102:

Will foreigners consider the division as a step up from where they are currently playing? Doubt it. It's one of the factors in Holloway's favour that he's been here before and that his scouts have had to scout this division before for Plymouth's players.

We are all just bitter bastards:icon_lol: I've come to terms with it on the 3 hour journey home,he's here and theres nothing my whinging will do about it.Sad isn't it he got me beat:102:

3 hours? you on a push bike again?

TBF, if tt was my money, and the gimp in charge had already proved he can piss it up the wall better than the rest, then I would like some say in where it gets spent.

If Holloway stays, MM will be treating him like a baby, of that I'm certain.

But I think our season was ruined following last summer. I still think that most of Holloway's signings were good, certainly we were all happy with the majority of them when announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669