Holloway Staying

Status
Not open for further replies.
In reply to Heineken Matt as he can't quote properly......

No need to get sarcy with me....I cope quite well in the summer when Leicester isn't playing thank you very much. It gives me weekends free to do more of the other stuff I do.

I'm damned annoyed that a man who has proved to be totally inept still has a job because MM is too scared to do the right thing for once. Sorry if you think it funny that I am angry.

PFKAKTF said:
I want Pete Burns as the new manager, a bit of eye candy would be great
:icon_redf I really do feel ill...

We have bought players I can't stand and whilst not liking them I want them to do well because they are in a LCFC shirt,Lee Hendrie being a prime example.He could lead us to Champions League glory and I still wouldn't like Ian Holloway but as I have said before i don't need to like The Manager just want himto succeed,only problem is I can't see the slightest signs that we will succeed under Holloway and I've tried to look for them.

Indeed H. I hate IH, but in the end I support my club, and I will continue to do so, even when mistakes are made.

I'm definitely NOT renewing my ST.

I definitely WON'T have an ST next season.

If IH gets the job because the 3rd division is his level would he leave automatically if by some miracle we were promoted.

he'd argue that the fans can't be upset because watching their team going down into division three can't possibly compare with having deaf kids.....so we should all be grateful

hmmmm. Seems like worse than double standards from the mods on this thread.

:102::081:

looks like its just me and tedfox who are chuffed with todays decision then:038:apart from the ridiculous suggestions of managers who wouldnt so much as come to see us play let alone actually manage us, then ollie is the best man to get us out of this mess were in, he had alot to do with putting us were we are but he needs a chance to show he can get us out of it.

My Postie didn't put a letter through my door today. I think the nasty bastard must be learning his lesson. How dare he!!!

Whilst the players need to look at themselves, surely their attitude could easily have been contributed to by what they think of IH as a manager(basically a crap one woh hasn't no idea)

didn't Holloway sign a lot of them and isn't it his job to motivate them or not play them?

clown :102::081:

positive decision from MM IMO. Good to hear those that can't/won't back Holloway aren't renewing, that's the right decsion too.

Indeed H. I hate IH, but in the end I support my club, and I will continue to do so, even when mistakes are made.

Tbh BF its easier for me because I don't have to watch them play.Its worse for you poor sods who have to sit through it.Theres people on here who are level headed and they are thinking of not renewing /going,when that starts happening its clear to me that there is a problem,these people aren't throwing their toys out of the pram they are clearly sick to death with watching the spineless performances.People will excuse a lack of skill but not a lack of effort.The one thing that annoys me more than anything about Holloway is that he has ample oppoutunity to come out and say I am responsible for some of the Mess,I am the Manager I have failed but he never does he always chooses to dress it up with We.It shows just why his team are spineless,they are following his lead

Last edited:
could the surprise outcome for IH be due to Milans interference in the team selection/ player purchases being part of the problem?

I renewed my ST last week. I'm an addict.

Wish I was sane enough to not renew, but I will be doing, because I'm an idiot!

Despite my anger at IH still being in a job I don't like seeing managers changing more frequently than the 158 passes through Hinckley. But at a time when the man in that position has done more than any of the others under MM to derserve the boot it does make me wonder why I bother paying out my hard earned cash to see that muppet take us backwards.

Which is what he has done. People say he hasn't had enough time, he was under pressure from the start, the team has been inconsistent, he hasn't had the players......
He's had 30 league games(I think!) That's more than Allen and Worthington got.
The only reason he was under pressure and that the team was inconsistent was cos he kept faffing around with it EVERY damn game, playing players out of position. We win a game, I know, let's drop the lad who played well or he did well upfront.....let's shove him in midfield!

He has brought in players who have done NOTHING to improve the squad this season- whether that's down to their ability or attitude doesn't matter. It was down to HIM to sort that out.

But I can get past all of that......just.......if it wasn't for the last two games and the ineptitude I saw from him in the min-boggling decisions he made.

I'd like him to come out and explain his reasoning for some of the things in those games. I'd like him to come out and say why he sat on his arse doing feck all when that was the time we needed leadership from the otuchline. I'd like him to come out and explain why at halftime last week(or indeed when he found out the other games were going against us) why he didn't just tell the players to go for it. Instead keeping them playing defensively and hoping Sheff Utd or Norwich would do us a favour?

For those two games alone his actions should've seen him go.

MM isn't a stupid man, and I'm sure he has his reasons for not sacking him, but if it is simply for 'stability' then imo he has got it wrong. He also has to think carefully about the money side of things, how many times can you 'pay-off' a manager?(Personally I think IH shouldn't have put MM in that position anyhoo, he should've resigned but that's by-the-by) And of course IF he did sack him, who on earth would be stupid enough to want to manage a League One side AND work in the tense conditions there is undoubtably there at the WS.

I hope that he isn't let down again by IH.
I hope next season we DO get the right mentality and use that to get back to the CCC, it isn't going to be easy, but it would be a light at the end of the tunnel we've been travelling for the past four years.

Some of his comments today have annoyed me more than him staying, listening to him you would think we should be feeling sorry for him that fans dare to write to him to vent their frustration. That we should feel sorry to him for hurting about the relegation.

Sometimes I think he should locate that tiny brain of his and actually THINK before he made stupid comments about how no one is hurting more than he is.....a man who has been here 5 minutes has no damn right to say that to fans who have supported the club all their lives.

But it really doesn't matter how angry I am, because if MM wants him to stay then he will, and there's not much I can do about it!

Which means that whatever happens next season, more crap or promotion, I will be supporting a team with a man I don't like or rate in charge. And even if he DOES get us back up straight away, it doesn't make up for what has happened, and it never will.

First call - "Glad we're keeping Ollie" :icon_roll

Gonna be a mong fest that's for sure.

"Can't blame the Manager for the problems" :icon_roll
I'll bet this mong gave him credit for the his first win though!!!

"Can't blame the Manager for the problems" :icon_roll
I'll bet this mong gave him credit for the his first win though!!!

What about the problems down to his formations, playing players out of position, not changing things, sitting on his arse looking like Little Boy Lost......

*sigh*

Maybe if he DID accept fault where it is warranted that would be a start.

It's not just him, it's players who ARE capable of playing in the CCC playing far below the level of ability they have. But why are the playing like that? Why aren't they motivated? Why can they play 'ok' one week and then the next two or three play utter wank?
Surely that is down to the coaching staff?

I bet they won't ring me back to calmly speak my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669