Holloway Staying

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was shot down for arguing this point - naive I think they said.

We're not going to be able to keep players who are determined to leave.

But MM should make a statement to say that we intend to keep our best players and they're not for sale. At least then it will send out a signal that we're not desperate for cash and we're determined to go straight up again.

Talking about wholesale changes to the squad again sounds like they're inviting other clubs to come in and take our best players. So we'll end up with a team full of players who weren't good enough to get into the team this season, or new players. If they're new players it will take time for them to gel, and it will be difficult to replace some of our current players with new players of the same/better quality.

Holloway may have been very clever here, I applaud him :038:

"We're a division 3 team, what Manager would want to come here"

"We're in a mess, nobody will touch us"

These are comments I keep hearing thrown around. In effect, Holloway could have ultimately secured his own job by being totally clueless at it.

Did he fcuk up at Stoke deliberately? Was he told that if we stayed up he would lose his job (as somebody reported)? Would this explain his apparent fear of scoring at Stoke?

I don't believe that he messed up at Stoke deliberately but the irony of the situation is that relegation was probably the best chance of him keeping his job.

Several times before we were relegated and before today's decision - I posted that getting us relegated made it much more likely that Holloway would keep his job.

You are absolutely right on that and the other side of the coin is that Holloway IS by experience and ability a Third Division manager. Also it is obviously a financially attractive option for Mandaric - and as you say no one decent would want the job anyway.

On the positive side, I can quite believe that in the short term that Holloway's retention may well work. he should be at home in this division and I just hope that we will do well next season.

But in the longer term. it won't work. Holloway has no real quality as a manager and if we want to make real progress in the future then someone with more substance will be needed. But this is all for another day and for the moment, he will have to do.

For god's sake, are we all absolutely sure IH is totally and 100% responsible here? Surely we can all agree what a nonsense the season became due to all the instability and changes.

We are now a League One club, that is enough change for me this year.

Last edited:
not sure where the statement is that he is staying other than on this site.

BBC and official site btoh say business as usual but that no decision has been reached yet on the personnel. it just says that MM will not rush into a decision.

Sounds to me like there is still a distinct possibility that IH will not be here by the start of next season.

I am of the same opinion as you. There was no clarity, backing of the manager, or definitive answers. It looks like a few more twists and turns yet before we know who is taking charge of the team come August.

For god's sake, are we all absolutely sure IH is totally and 100% responsible here? Surely we can all agree what a nonsense the season became due to all the instability and changes.

perhaps not.....perhaps the players he put out were meant to play in their proper positions but just chose to play elsewhere. perhaps when he wanted to make substitutions after 60 minutes the players said "**** that, i'm not coming off the bench until at least 85 minutes"

perhaps not.....perhaps the players he put out were meant to play in their proper positions but just chose to play elsewhere. perhaps when he wanted to make substitutions after 60 minutes the players said "**** that, i'm not coming off the bench until at least 85 minutes"

I have to admit, I have no argument against your point really. I do believe also though that we really do not need more upheaval.

I do believe also though that we really do not need more upheaval.

I think it would be great to have no upheaval at some point but that point should be when we appoint our first good manager since MON

We're not going to be able to keep players who are determined to leave.

But MM should make a statement to say that we intend to keep our best players and they're not for sale. At least then it will send out a signal that we're not desperate for cash and we're determined to go straight up again.

Talking about wholesale changes to the squad again sounds like they're inviting other clubs to come in and take our best players. So we'll end up with a team full of players who weren't good enough to get into the team this season, or new players. If they're new players it will take time for them to gel, and it will be difficult to replace some of our current players with new players of the same/better quality.

This is quite a difficult one.

Do we take the view that we shouldn't have been relegated anyway and it's mainly a question of keeping the nucleus and this should secure promotion or do we say that this squad is full of unmotivated, under-performing players and the more that go the better?

I just wonder if Mandaric has any sort of grip on these issues.

Holloway had over 30 games in charge last season, for at least 20 of those he showed nothing less than total ineptitude, he's way, way out of his depth here and unfortunately for LCFC his breath taking arrogance and stupidity means he will never do the dignified thing and resign.

Holloway had over 30 games in charge last season, for at least 20 of those he showed nothing less than total ineptitude, he's way, way out of his depth here and unfortunately for LCFC his breath taking arrogance and stupidity means he will never do the dignified thing and resign.

I thought he offered to resign early this year?

As did the players.

Ox, if you can't nominate a suitable replacement and get him in for an interview yourself, then I'm afraid you're in no position to say negative things about our Ollie.

Rule No;1 of Ollie protection - The criticiser must have a list of 9 suitable candidates lined up for an interview before they dare even dis our shoe waver.

Ox, if you can't nominate a suitable replacement and get him in for an interview yourself, then I'm afraid you're in no position to say negative things about our Ollie.

Rule No;1 of Ollie protection - The criticiser must have a list of 9 suitable candidates lined up for an interview before they dare even dis our shoe waver.

Melts, you are one person I continually come on here to read and banter with...Let me make that point perfectly clear, however....

I am not an 'Ollie Protector', but am also trying to not have a knee-jerk reaction to what has happened this season, which ultimately I hold MM 100% responsible.
The fact of not having a replacement could have massive connotations with the following season, and yet a lot of posters here keep regurgitating names of managers who will not come here, full stop. Therefore, what is our best policy do you think?

Here's a list of managers various posters have noted, and my opinions on them coming here, for what it's worth:

Dowie - No, he wants QPR and Championship at the lowest level.
Newell - A loose cannon who has yet to find employment follwowing his disastrous end of tenure at Luton (although I rate him as a manager I do not think MM will want to work with him).
Davies - No way will he come and work for MM.
Allardyce - Get a life, you're dreaming
Taggs - Not ready
Grayson - Wouldn't want to touch the poisoned challice that is LCFC IMO. Why would he drop a division either? Too much risk.
Ince - No way, we missed out on him.
Blackwell - Doing a fabulous job a Sheffield UTD thanks very much.

So who then? Who is going to be given the chance to, again, re-start our club?

I vote for stability myself, and that's mainly as I don't think we have any choice.

Melts, you are one person I continually come on here to read and banter with
I've found a smiley that is sticking it's tongue out, and I'm not afraid to use it.

why is he out his depth? he has proven he can keep a side in this division and make them good enough to challange for the playoffs when he was at plymouth, he brought qpr up from div1 with automatic promotion, he has proven he can work wonders on a shoe string budget and get the best out of players, so why the hell is he out his depth at leicester? because we are too arrogant to admit we are no longer a big club? (fact is we never have been a "big club") what he has done at leicester hasnt worked thats obvious and the players have not responded to him they way they should and that has to go down in some part to the way he managed them, but its got nothing to do with the size of the club or the fact he is "out of his depth"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566