Holloway to learn fate on Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that were true we would still be managed by Martin Allen surely?

He was sacked for reasons that had nothing to do with football IMO.My point was tne one Melton made about us not wanting someone who may or may not have had a shadey background etc.I appreciate that wasn't neccessarily his opinion.

Last edited:
He was sacked for reasons that had nothing to do with football IMO.My point was tne one Melton made about us not wanting someone who may or may not have had a shadey background etc.I appreciate that wasn't neccessarily his opinion.

Same as Newell though surely?

I agree with you though, I think Newell did a superb job at both Hartlepool and Luton..I have never worked out why he didn't come here, or why we weren't after him last summer.

Rob Kelly, Gerry Taggert, Craig Levein were all the supposed to be the next big managers in football - and what happened?

What are you talking about? Supposed to be the next big managers? Says who?

Rob Kelly was a coach who reluctantly stepped up to the manager's role after Levein left and Gerry Taggart is still one of our coaches who stood in as a caretaker.
Nobody has talked them up as the next big thing in football management.

What are you talking about? Supposed to be the next big managers? Says who?

Rob Kelly was a coach who reluctantly stepped up to the manager's role after Levein left and Gerry Taggart is still one of our coaches who stood in as a caretaker.
Nobody has talked them up as the next big thing in football management.

Unlike Holloway who is the next useless bastard in football, sorry the current useless bastard in football.

I agree with you though, I think Newell did a superb job at both Hartlepool and Luton..I have never worked out why he didn't come here, or why we weren't after him last summer.

I stood on the away end at York with Hartlepool fans after Newell had been there a few months, and their fans wanted him out.

He took over when they were well clear at the top of the table, but they blew a 16 point lead and finished second.
Hartlepool didn't renew his contract despite going up.

He's had major falling outs with the board at Hartlepool and Luton. If he comes to Leicester I can't see him lasting long.

do not know if its been mentioned,cannot find it on other threads.

that holloway wants the chance of staying on according to the mercury,goes on about a planned bootcamp before the season starts,and getting the players MINDS right.

that holloway wants the chance of staying on according to the mercury,goes on about a planned bootcamp before the season starts,and getting the players MINDS right.

I think we could do worse to be fair.. I wanted him out immediately after we got relegated, now I've had chance to think of it, I wouldn't mind if he does stay, I still think hes a bullshit manager, but as someone has pointed out, if he didn't have something to prove before - he certainly does now that his reputation is in the gutter. If nothing else we may atleast see if the stability argument really holds water.

I stood on the away end at York with Hartlepool fans after Newell had been there a few months, and their fans wanted him out.

He took over when they were well clear at the top of the table, but they blew a 16 point lead and finished second.
Hartlepool didn't renew his contract despite going up.

He's had major falling outs with the board at Hartlepool and Luton. If he comes to Leicester I can't see him lasting long.

Wow, I hadn't realised that, I thought he had done a good job there...I guess it must be his attitude which lets him down.

Fcuking boot camp my arse, gimmicky twat. Sort the fcukers out like a man and worry about the football, not some fcuking X-Factor influenced publicity stunt.

Twat.

Last edited:
I guess it must be his attitude which lets him down.

If he does come here we'll have to be careful what we say about him...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/archive/2004/05/08/football-boss-in-net--libel--89520-14221591/
By Jeremy Armstron 8/05/2004

A FOOTBALL boss has launched a High Court fight against fans who allegedly posted personal attacks against him over the internet.

Ex-Hartlepool manager Mike Newell is suing several of the club's supporters for libel.

The case could hit message boards, websites and even football phone-ins.

It concerns remarks made about his private life while Mr Newell, 39, was manager at the club before taking over as boss at Luton Town.

He never enjoyed good relations with Hartlepool fans after replacing crowd favourite Chris Turner at Victoria Park.

The ex-Everton star left after just six months, despite guiding the team to promotion last season.

Two internet sites - one by Hartlepool fans and the other by Luton supporters - were closed down after complaints about messages between the two following Mr Newell's move last summer.

Dad-of-five Mr Newell, of Southport, Lancs, was unavailable for comment.

I agree. I was not exactly ecstatic about his appointment, but it did make sense. IMO he exemplified exactly what the "stability" argument is really about - he set to work with the dreadful mess he inherited and stabilised a drifting ship. Not pretty, but the players began to look a bit like a team. If he had stayed till January he would then no doubt have been able to build on that. I doubt he would have worked miracles or have been a long-term answer, but would have salvaged the season and provided a basis from which to move forward.

Look what he has done at Bolton, who were at least as chaotic & rudderless as we were, despite losing his only decent striker and having virtually no money.

Whatever the merits or otherwise of IH, he has been there through too much to produce a turn- round. We need another cynical, hard bitten, no-nonsense, probably boring manager at this point. And a couple of players in the same mould.

But don't ask me who!!

I agree. I was depressed by Megson's appointment here - and the results were not particularly good.

However, I am confident that we would not have been relegated with Megson. Although, he had his own disaster at Forest, I think that he would used the resources available more effectively and would have been taken more seriously by the players.

I wonder if the people who are deluded by 'Ollie' really believe that he is taken seriously by the players? One of the problems with Holloway is that he has acted as the joker for too long and this is bound to have affected the way that he is regarded by his staff.

So a reason to keep Holloway id that he can't be totally blamed for getting us relegated

Yes that is no doubt true. Tere are certain other issues at play here - a madcap chairman, unmotivated players, despondency around the club etc etc

But why on earth does anyone think that Holloway is the man that will make any positive contribution to sorting any of that out!!!

His record of success as a football is so average it's unbelievable that so many people believe he has any potential whatsoever!!!

He has just got his third club relegated to the third division!!!

He is a guy who's more known for his media career than his football achievements

Stability = Potential to improve

Potential to improve = Previous success

Man Utd stuck with Fergie as he had pedigree - he'd won European titles with a second rate Scottish club....

Hollway has done jackshit as far as I can see other than write a quirky column on the BBC and wave his fcuking shoes in the air...

I despair...

Last edited:
But why on earth does anyone think that Holloway is the man that will make any positive contribution to sorting any of that out!!!

His record of success as a football is so average it's unbelievable that so many people believe he has any potential whatsoever!!!

Hollway has done jackshit as far as I can see other than write a quirky column on the BBC and wave his fcuking shoes in the air...

I despair...

They don't advance any football related reasons as to why Holloway is a decent football manager. Do they think he has a decent track record? Is he astute tactically? Does he make good use of transfer funds? Can he motivate the players?

'Stability' is just used as a cover for lack of rationality. You are absolutely right, we all know that the players are a complete let down and that the owner doesn't get too many decisions right in terms of managerial appointments...but we have Mandaric in situ who is at least prepared to commit money but we don't have to put up with a crap manager who has convinced himself and what Melton calls his 'sect' that he is a nice, funny guy. The players situation needs sorting but with any luck a lot of the present squad will be soon gone anyway and it needs a new regime to establish different attitudes.

From BBC Newspaper Gossip this morning...

Ian Holloway will be sacked as manager of Leicester City when he meets with chairman Milan Mandaric tomorrow. (The Observer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669