Holloway was in the wrong - Mandaric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking of which(Completely off-topic btw!) but today we were printing off the handbooks for the 'North Midlands Bowling League' or summat.

And where do they play? Bloody Warwickshire!!!(Coventry to be exact) Since when is that North of the Midlands?

No wonder we get called southern b*stards by those up North and Northern b*stards by those down South!
What chance do we have when people in the Midlands can't even tell the difference!

Does this mean that you come out as the pillock now Melton?:102::icon_bigg
TBH, Willlow, I think we both look like Pillocks.

Me for saying you were wrong when quite clearly you were right, and for that I apologise. And you for not forwarding this information to me when I first asked you.

I would just like to point out that according to Holloway on Sky Sports News the fan sent a personal letter to MM complaining.

Does this mean that you come out as the pillock now Melton?:102::icon_bigg

From the reports it semms that IH called the fan a pillock both to his face at the game and then 10 minutes later on the radio. If IH is saying he reacted to a letter the fan wrote to MM when did he do it?

Talking of which(Completely off-topic btw!) but today we were printing off the handbooks for the 'North Midlands Bowling League' or summat.

And where do they play? Bloody Warwickshire!!!(Coventry to be exact) Since when is that North of the Midlands?

No wonder we get called southern b*stards by those up North and Northern b*stards by those down South!
What chance do we have when people in the Midlands can't even tell the difference!

Coventry is in the West Midlands not Warwickshire, pedantic I know.

If someone gave me abuse whilst I was working I would do more than call them a pillock. It's got nothing to do with money or status or anything else - the bloke is trying to do his job and it's in our interest, surely, that he get's as good a chance to do that as anybody else. I mean, he's not going to want to deliberately want to do a shit job is he?

Success is something that is built over time and it needs nurturing and encouragement. We have had 786 players and 53 managers in the last five years so how are we supposed to have any foundation? Christ, even I don't feel any soul in the club so I can't expect any of the staff to.

OK IH may have shown weakness in coming out and slagging the fan off but he is under increasing pressure (from the fans) and clearly snapped. Our expectations are hindering any progress this club tries to make IMO and we could get Wenger in as manager tomorrow and we'd still be shit.

I hope that we stay up, of course I do, but if not I shall not be calling for anybody's head. Whatever division we find ourselves in at the start of next season we need to be fully behind the team who, I believe, will still be managed by IH.

From the reports it semms that IH called the fan a pillock both to his face at the game and then 10 minutes later on the radio. If IH is saying he reacted to a letter the fan wrote to MM when did he do it?

Holloway reacted to what the fans said
the fan complained to MM via a letter
MM issued his statement

:icon_wink

To be absolutely pedantic ... Coventry USED to be in the West Midlands but is now a unitary authority and NOT part of Warwickshire.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7296152.stm

Leicester fan accuses Holloway of swearing at him during 0-0 draw with Bristol City.

"We were playing very well - the best we'd played for four years. And that's not me saying that, that was fans telling me after the game.

I made a substitution after 70 minutes, putting two centre-forwards on, and this fella came down the steps, shouting and bawling at me, calling me a stupid...idiot and telling me I was clueless.

Now I'm sorry, but I thought he was the one who was clueless, because he couldn't see how well we were playing.

But for all that, we hadn't scored so I was putting two fresh strikers on to try and change it and I didn't think he was right to abuse me.

Those two players hadn't even got their toes across the line to go on, so how can you criticise that? If he thinks he can call me all the names under the sun, then he doesn't know me.

So I shouted one or two things back to him, which I shouldn't have done. The rest of the crowd agreed with me and told him to shut his mouth.

I then had to explain what happened to the chairman because the bloke wrote a letter to Mr Mandaric instead of dealing with me.

I think it's absolutely ludicrous that people like that think they can shout whatever they like at someone who's just there trying to do the best job he can.

I apologise to the other fans around him if I did let the odd expletive out, but that just shows I've got passion."

After reading that, I'm with Holloway on this one.

I agree with the fan, but Holloway is only a human being and has the right to speak back.

There is the argument that Holloway is a paid professional and should behave in an accordingly suitable manner, but emotions run high in football.

Next Week's Headlines; Holloway and (insert name) sort out their differences (insert picture of Holloway and fan shaking hands)

Next Week's Headlines; Holloway and (insert name) sort out their differences (insert picture of Holloway and fan shaking hands)

He could be in for a Cloughie style kiss live on the telly

"...we're all in this together, don't forge that. Now come 'ere ya fat slag an' give us a kiss"

The cynic in me says that someone is angling after a freebie......

Maybe, but it's a shame the players don't show as much passion as the fan - misguided or not as he was at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669