homer's 'he could do a job' summer targets thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steven said:
Kenny Lunt, Martin Devaney, Wayne Thomas, Jordan Stewart, Kevin Lisbie, Steve Howard, Nick Montgomery, Grant McCann, Sam Parkin (£500,000) will all join Burnley this summer, and the rest of Steve Cotterill's money will be spent on the pitch and training facilities. Very likely.

A rumour about Stewart going to Burnley :!: :!: :eek: :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Source ? (if you say Foxestalk, then don't bother to reply ;-) )

homer said:
Steven said:
Kenny Lunt, Martin Devaney, Wayne Thomas, Jordan Stewart, Kevin Lisbie, Steve Howard, Nick Montgomery, Grant McCann, Sam Parkin (£500,000) will all join Burnley this summer, and the rest of Steve Cotterill's money will be spent on the pitch and training facilities. Very likely.

A highly speccy, iffy Internet rumour. :p :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

homer said:
Steven said:

its their end of season bash at the half time orange this saturday :smt026

MKFox said:
drummindefender said:
Adam Boyd from hartlepool-looks a quality player scored a cracking goal on friday night, and another beauty earlier in the season which was shown on soccer am. check out his stats http://skysports.planetfootball.com/player.asp?plid=5746&clid=89&cpid=11
young and a goalscorer, what more can you ask for?
I think we'll be playing against him next season. He's contracted to harlepools (sic), why would he leave them for us?
not necessarly, hartlepool might not get promoted so im sure he would choose us over another year in league 1, but if they do get promoted i still think he wouldn't mind coming to us :wink:

Talking about Hartlepool, one player that stuck out from their game with Tranmere was defender Nelson. I don't know if anyone else has mentioned him or what other people think of him but on tonights perofrmance i think he would be worth a 'dabble'. This was the first time i seen him play and i didn't watch the whole match. Another thing is that he is young and reminded me a lot of Matty Elliott, not that hes reached his level just yet....... :-D :smt006

A potential target is also a target for other sides - Ugarte.

SkySports said:
Bluebirds chase Ugarte
by Mark Buckingham - created on 18 May 2005

Cardiff City manager Lennie Lawrence has confirmed he wants to sign Wrexham hot shot Juan Ugarte.

The Spanish striker is coming to the end of his contract at The Racecourse Ground after scoring 22 goals since joining the club in November.

Wrexham boss Denis Smith has urged Ugarte to remain loyal to the club and pen a new deal, despite relegation to League Two.

But there are several clubs jostling to take Ugarte to The Championship, with Crewe Alexandra, Leeds United and Sheffield United all admirers.

The Bluebirds are also on Ugarte's trail, with Lawrence conceding the former Real Sociedad attacker is a more viable option than Yeovil Town ace Phil Jevons.

"We have an interest in Ugarte," said Lawrence. "He's different to what we've already got at the club.

"He's 24, he's a goalscorer and, most importantly, he's a free. I think there will be a lot of interest in him.

"Jevons is a talented boy. He did very well in League Two last season and he's going to cost money. Yeovil will want £200,000-£250,000 for him.

"But we know Ugarte has done it in the next division up and he's not going to cost money."

Lawrence has also been linked with a swoop for Bournemouth forward James Hayter but could face competition from promotion hopefuls Derby County.

highland fox said:
Hume from Tranmere
cardinal_hume.jpg

:?

Craig Samson Scotland U21 Goalkeeper released by Kilmarnock,all the makings of a CL signing IMO.

highland fox said:
Craig Samson Scotland U21 Goalkeeper released by Kilmarnock,all the makings of a CL signing IMO.

Teamtalk said:
SAMSON RELEASED BY KILLIE

Kilmarnock goalkeeper Craig Samson has left the club after rejecting their offer of a new contract.

In a season which saw him get into trouble with Scotland Under-21 coach Rainer Bonhof after a late night incident, he has struggled for first-team football.

A statement from the club read: "Kilmarnock today released Scotland Under-21 goalkeeper Craig Samson after the player declined the club's contact offer.

"At this stage of his career Craig requires a starting position and, with Alan Combe and Graeme Smith established as number one and two, he feels the time is right to move on.

"All at the club wish him well for the future."

it's kind of worrying that we are always linked with players from the SPL... it used to be someone over 35, premiership reject then MA will go for him, now it's anyone from the SPL, with no disrespect, but the Scottish leagues standard is pretty shit, we really dont wanna be building our team from an "elite select" of the Scots.

lcfcrules said:
it's kind of worrying that we are always linked with players from the SPL... it used to be someone over 35, premiership reject then MA will go for him, now it's anyone from the SPL, with no disrespect, but the Scottish leagues standard is pretty shit, we really dont wanna be building our team from an "elite select" of the Scots.

Be a tight side though eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670