homer's 'he could do a job' summer targets thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame he won't be their long term manager, if he was, he would get sacked pretty soon, and then CL would be able to get him on a free.

alex said:
Joe_Fox said:
Finally someone who know what he is talking about (other than me).

Craig - snap him up!

Right, well, that's the manifesto binned..... I hope you're pleased with yourself.

Nonsense, It's mere spin alex, don't lose the faith.

Lee Miller from Bristol City, after all Marcus Stewart will be there next season. :roll: :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Would Hazzman like to round up the rumours again. :D :D :smt023 :smt024

anon said:
Leic'ter will not sign Hartley and Webster fact, they are friends of mine and this is simply not true. Hearts new manager will bring in Lee Miller(priority)

From BBC Sport
Meanwhile, Mickael Landreau' agent, Bruno Satin, told The Herald that Celtic have dropped their interest in the Nantes captain as O'Neill has faith in David Marshall being his first-choice goalkeeper next season

wonder if that means Douglas will be signing for us.

Douglas won't be at Celtic next season whether he comes here or not - they aren't offering him a new deal.

lcfcrules said:
From BBC Sport
Meanwhile, Mickael Landreau' agent, Bruno Satin, told The Herald that Celtic have dropped their interest in the Nantes captain as O'Neill has faith in David Marshall being his first-choice goalkeeper next season

If Ferguson' walks' at Man Utd then O'Neil may not be at Celtic to make the decision.

highland fox said:
lcfcrules said:
From BBC Sport

If Ferguson' walks' at Man Utd then O'Neil may not be at Celtic to make the decision.

No way O'Neill will go there under the Glazer regime.

The Sporting Life said:
MILLER IN DEMAND UP NORTH

On-loan Hearts striker Lee Miller could become the subject of a bidding way north of the Border following his call-up to the Scotland squad.

The Bristol City 21-year-old was allowed to go out on loan by manager Brian Tinnion in January, having failed to score since February 2004.

But 11 goals in 20 starts for the Jambos have propelled him into the Scotland squad to face Moldova and Belarus next month.

Hearts, who have just parted company with head coach John Robertson, have long been in negotiations but Aberdeen have also expressed an interest and the player, who cost £300,000 from Falkirk in July 2003, has even been linked with Rangers.

But Bristol City chairman Steve Lansdowne insisted the price had now gone up.

He told the Scottish Daily Mirror: "Hopefully this news will send his fee into the stratosphere!

"He is on loan at Hearts and when that ends he will come back at the end of the season.

"They have made several bids but I have been consistent all along and there is now interest from Aberdeen, though at the moment that is not at the level where we would like it to be."

Scotland manager Walter Smith was keen to play down his part in the price hike.

He said: "That's a club situation. My only concern is that he has been playing very well.

"If he had been here for a full season he would maybe have featured a bit earlier."

BBC Sport
The likelihood of Craig Bellamy making his loan move permanent is no clearer, while Rab Douglas seems certain to leave for Leicester, along with Momo Sylla.
[/b]

lcfcrules said:
BBC Sport
The likelihood of Craig Bellamy making his loan move permanent is no clearer, while Rab Douglas seems certain to leave for Leicester, along with Momo Sylla.
[/b]

I heard today that O'Neil will be 'having talks' with Douglas in the near future,quite what that means I've no idea...quite why I posted this...I've no idea ;-)

I add this from Teamtalk. MON describes the contract offered to Douglas as lucrative. :eek: :eek:

Teamtalk said:
Celtic manager Martin O'Neill has revealed goalkeeper Robert Douglas has been offered a lucrative contract by Leicester and hinted that the Scotland international could be on his way.

The 33-year-old is a free agent in the summer and he could be joined at The Walkers Stadium by Momo Sylla, who has been told he can look elsewhere having fallen out of favour.

O'Neill said: "Rab has been offered a contract by Leicester City and, he was telling me, for a number of years.

"I don't know about Momo. He went down on trial but Rab can speak to whoever he wants because he's out of contract.

"There will be a few things happening but I can't say if any decision has been made until the final whistle blows."

drummindefender said:
Adam Boyd from hartlepool-looks a quality player scored a cracking goal on friday night, and another beauty earlier in the season which was shown on soccer am. check out his stats http://skysports.planetfootball.com/player.asp?plid=5746&clid=89&cpid=11
young and a goalscorer, what more can you ask for?
I think we'll be playing against him next season. He's contracted to harlepools (sic), why would he leave them for us?

I'd like Bergkamp here for his last pro year..

MKFox said:
drummindefender said:
Adam Boyd from hartlepool-looks a quality player scored a cracking goal on friday night, and another beauty earlier in the season which was shown on soccer am. check out his stats http://skysports.planetfootball.com/player.asp?plid=5746&clid=89&cpid=11
young and a goalscorer, what more can you ask for?
I think we'll be playing against him next season. He's contracted to harlepools (sic), why would he leave them for us?

I'd like Bergkamp here for his last pro year..

Though he did say that if he doesn't get an extension at Arsenal, he'll retire.

Kenny Lunt, Martin Devaney, Wayne Thomas, Jordan Stewart, Kevin Lisbie, Steve Howard, Nick Montgomery, Grant McCann, Sam Parkin (£500,000) will all join Burnley this summer, and the rest of Steve Cotterill's money will be spent on the pitch and training facilities. Very likely.

A rumour about Stewart going to Burnley :!: :!: :eek: :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670