homer's 'he could do a job' summer targets thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
new players

have we heard anymore about rab douglas from celtic?

will this still go ahead if god... sorry i mean martin leaves the green and white scum

Graz said:
Richie Partridge has been released by Liverpool. His name has been mentioned quite a few times in the past. Could be worth a go, still young, we need a right winger.

He has been mentioned so many times it will be a laugh if he actually turns up. :roll: :D :D :p :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Like the look of the following

Ian Bennett (Brum)

Gary Naysmith (Everton) scottish connection maybe work for us and he probably won't get a premiership offer

Jackie Macnamara (Celtic)

Ian Evatt (chesterfield) as mentioned above a distinct possibility

Rory Delap (Saints) fits into the "can play in more than one position" philosophy of CL.

Tommy Miller (Ipswich)

Gifton Noel-Williams (Stoke City)

Gary Naysmith

Everton fans say he's shite[/quote]

I think we have been linked with this guy before. :p :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Hibs striker put up for sale

Hibernian manager Tony Mowbray has revealed that highly-rated striker Derek Riordan has been put up for transfer after the 22-year-old failed to agree a new deal.

Mowbray said: "We don't want to get into the same situation as we have with Ian [Murray].

"[Hibs chairman] Rod Petrie tells me he has been talking to Derek and his agent for the last 18 months and we have certainly been talking since I arrived at the club.

"We try to be fair. I am a believer in having a wage structure and if your talent warrants it then you get top dollar. But if you start stretching that structure then every agent is telling you his player is the best and before you know it you are spending far too much money. We have reached our financial ceiling with Derek, he was made an offer which would have made him one of the top two or three earners at the club.

"As a football club we have to make a decision and that decision is that we are not going to let the situation arise where he sees his current contract out and then walks away for nothing.

"This football club has devoted a lot of time and hard work to Derek, who joined us when he was 11 and so we have decided, very reluctantly, to listen to offers for him."

He continued: "At the moment there is nothing concrete or definite.

"We are not sticking any figures or prices on Derek. I've told him we'd love the situation to be resolved with him staying here, where we believe he can continue his football education. He still has a lot of developing to do, especially if he wants to play on the bigger stage down south."

He added: "It is important that we get across to our supporters that while every effort has been made to get a deal done, there needs to be a willingness from both sides.

"We are not getting anything positive back and it seems we have come to the end of the negotiations and there is nowhere else to go other than to listen to offers.

"Personally speaking, I feel it is a pity because I think it would be more beneficial for Derek to stay. But in the financial position we are in we cannot let a player of his ability walk away for nothing.

"We have to protect the club's position. It's disappointing because Derek is a fabulous talent whom we want to retain but at the moment it does not look as if we are going to get that agreement."

I be astounded if anyone would pay that for him.

Bear in mind they don't want to be left with him in 12 months time out of contract.

IMO - they can't ask for a great deal more for him than the value of his remaining deal. £200 -300k.

He is very highly rated up here,probably one of the most promising Scottish players in sometime,he'll go for more than 300k

I really hope he comes. He sounds like a good player, and young too.
But if he can't agree a deal with Hibs he probably won't agree a deal with us.

but do we really want a player who is motivated by money alone-when we signed hughes and mccarthy these where players hungry for first team football, and they have stood out compared to other members of the squad in there commitment to the cause.

I don't think Levein will want to pay a big transfer deal (although he may go for £500k as he only has one year left, it is really dependant on how many bids they receive).

He is raw, but appears to have a lot of potential.

Kevin-Stuhr Ellegaard has been released by man city-a young keeper who apparently is pretty decent, though he didnt look too good when we beat them away last season :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00