homer's 'he could do a job' summer targets thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Todays Scottish Mirror reports that CL will be stepping up his interest in Celtic defender Ulrik Laursen,a £300,000 bid is expected.

highland fox said:
Todays Scottish Mirror reports that CL will be stepping up his interest in Celtic defender Ulrik Laursen,a £300,000 bid is expected.

just read this on planetfootball

planetfootball.com said:
Foxes boss Craig Levein is believed to be ready to raid Celtic yet again, with defender Ulrik Laursen the object of his desire.

Leicester have already signed Mohammed Sylla and he is believed to be readying a move for Danish stopper Laursen as he attempts to build a side capable of challenging for promotion next term.

as long as he is nothing like martin laursen :roll:

Sounds like we a great 'second option' for him should Celtic not require him to warm their bench anymore.

"His season was blighted by injuries and he failed to make a single appearance as Celtic stormed to a league and cup double. The Dane suffered serious knee ligament damage in September and added a shoulder problem to his injury worries in March. "

Kisnorbo morris move across the table a bit boys room for a little un :roll:

lazzer said:
"His season was blighted by injuries and he failed to make a single appearance as Celtic stormed to a league and cup double. The Dane suffered serious knee ligament damage in September and added a shoulder problem to his injury worries in March. "

Kisnorbo morris move across the table a bit boys room for a little un :roll:

That was in 2003/4 - think he's been fit this season, just not in the first team

Hey foxies hows things? ;)
Haven't been around for a while, soz, been busy. Just read that ure lot are after scott severin, dont know how true it is.
far too much to read thru since i was last here so dont know if its been discussed already. but thats no gonna stop me!
crackin player, absolutely superb. sign him if u can, mortgage the stadium, whatever. when he was at hearts he was under-rated and even now ppl dont rate him as highly as they should. he reminds me of gerrard, can play anywhere on the pitch but is best as an aggresive midfielder, a ball winner, move stopper, intelligent user of the ball. i love the guy and was gutted to see him go to aberdeen. come and get him and he can stop coming back to haunt us!!

youngscot said:
Hey foxies hows things? ;)
Haven't been around for a while, soz, been busy. Just read that ure lot are after scott severin, dont know how true it is.
far too much to read thru since i was last here so dont know if its been discussed already. but thats no gonna stop me!
crackin player, absolutely superb. sign him if u can, mortgage the stadium, whatever. when he was at hearts he was under-rated and even now ppl dont rate him as highly as they should. he reminds me of gerrard, can play anywhere on the pitch but is best as an aggresive midfielder, a ball winner, move stopper, intelligent user of the ball. i love the guy and was gutted to see him go to aberdeen. come and get him and he can stop coming back to haunt us!!
whats your verdict on momo sylla and laursen?-im trusting you on your opinion here youngscott, because so far your analysis has always been correct :-D

jesus, even my mum never believes anything i say!

anyhoo, sylla looked like he'd be good at st johnstone, but.... he basically looks all pace and no nous to me. im not that confident he'll do a job, altho i have seen him have some good games. dont think his distribution is that hot tho, cant remember many telling crosses from him. better than gillespie? i dont think so, but to be fair, hes never had a run of games for celtic.
Having said that, ive never had a run of games for celtic, so i could be really good too for all anyone knows. it could work and i can kinda see it, but i deffo not premiership material IMO

Laursen was a crackin defender at Hibs. He played centre back in a back 4 before moving to celtic. celtic at the time tho, played 3 established centre backs, so laursen was left to be deputy or more often to operate at wing back when he did get a game.
IMO hes a guy who can really do a job, when played in the right formation (levein has always favoured 4-4-2 with wingers and a big striker for preference. that's the formation he spent basically his whole career playing in) and coached by a good coach who knows defenders.

would be a great signing of maybe as much as half maybury proportions! :grin:

youngscot said:
jesus, even my mum never believes anything i say!

anyhoo, sylla looked like he'd be good at st johnstone, but.... he basically looks all pace and no nous to me. im not that confident he'll do a job, altho i have seen him have some good games. dont think his distribution is that hot tho, cant remember many telling crosses from him. better than gillespie? i dont think so, but to be fair, hes never had a run of games for celtic.
Having said that, ive never had a run of games for celtic, so i could be really good too for all anyone knows. it could work and i can kinda see it, but i deffo not premiership material IMO

Laursen was a crackin defender at Hibs. He played centre back in a back 4 before moving to celtic. celtic at the time tho, played 3 established centre backs, so laursen was left to be deputy or more often to operate at wing back when he did get a game.
IMO hes a guy who can really do a job, when played in the right formation (levein has always favoured 4-4-2 with wingers and a big striker for preference. that's the formation he spent basically his whole career playing in) and coached by a good coach who knows defenders.

would be a great signing of maybe as much as half maybury proportions! :grin:
trust me it doesn't take much to better then gillespie, so sylla is 50/50 while laursen would be a decent signing-your verdict of sylla seems to be what people have already been saying about the guy so im not overly optimistic about him now :eek: ah well maybe he will prove us all wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00