homer's 'he could do a job' summer targets thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday People said:
LEICS IS MORE FOR DAZ

DARREN KENTON will take a pay cut to join Leicester - where he spent two months on loan last season - as he becomes the latest casualty of Southampton's relegation.

Source

leics is more... i like it!

good one kento you made the right move!

nice signing CL he was good when he was here lets see alot more.

Steven said:
Sunday People said:
LEICS IS MORE FOR DAZ

DARREN KENTON will take a pay cut to join Leicester - where he spent two months on loan last season - as he becomes the latest casualty of Southampton's relegation.

Source

No No No! This is so bad! The guy is pathetic!

I think the guys a liability. If you consider he had a two month stint at our club and in that time I can name 3 MAJOR ricks he made.

1)Sunderland, where he let the ball go right past him

2)Blackburn, where he went in stupidly and gave away that pen

3)Plymouth, where he repeated his mistake from Sunderland - but they didn't put the ball in the back of the net.

For those reasons I think we should stay well clear of him!

i don't think kenton is to blame for the penalty at blackburn-pedersen would never of gone to ground if he hadn't turned straight back into kenton-it was a bad decision by the ref.
also i felt kenton looked a better player at cb then rb

Wasn't overly impressed at rb, but looked much better at centre back.

I wonder if Laursen will solve the left back issue - if so it is a striker that we need next.

If the terms are ok for us, CL should sign him - but play him as a centre-half, never as a full-back.

I think I made this point before. We are a struggling team in the Championship - if you think we are going to attract players that don't make mistakes then you are in cloud cuckoo land.

Kenton is about as good as you get at this level and certainly at the level where we finished last year. If you want error free defenders then you are supporting the wrong club.

kentons a good player and your making too much of his mistakes, hes got (i think) 7 seasons worth experience at champ level and is versatile, bottom line is he isnt a world beater but hes a decent player and id be happy for us to sign him

Dunc said:
I think I made this point before. We are a struggling team in the Championship - if you think we are going to attract players that don't make mistakes then you are in cloud cuckoo land.

Kenton is about as good as you get at this level and certainly at the level where we finished last year. If you want error free defenders then you are supporting the wrong club.

Couldn't agree more...Rio Ferdinand and John Terry aren't going to play for us get used to it.

Who ??

Leicester City have been rebuffed in their bid to sign Dundee starlet Scott Robertson.

The young midfielder only made his senior debut in January but has caught the eye of Foxes boss Craig Levein.

The former Hearts boss has introduced a strong SPL connection into his squad at The Walkers Stadium and is keen on Robertson.

Levein is believed to have approached cash-strapped Dundee with a £50,000 offer for the 20-year-old but his bid was dismissed out of hand.

Dundee boss Jim Duffy is anxious to retain the midfield ace after the club's relegation from The SPL and is not encouraging interest in Robertson.

Dutch outfit Willem II are also understood to be admirers of the youngster, while Levein may have to up the ante if he wants to take Robertson south of the border.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/Article.asp?id=286560

Leicester City have been rebuffed in their bid to sign Dundee starlet Scott Robertson.

The young midfielder only made his senior debut in January but has caught the eye of Foxes boss Craig Levein.

The former Hearts boss has introduced a strong SPL connection into his squad at The Walkers Stadium and is keen on Robertson.

Levein is believed to have approached cash-strapped Dundee with a £50,000 offer for the 20-year-old but his bid was dismissed out of hand.

Dundee boss Jim Duffy is anxious to retain the midfield ace after the club's relegation from The SPL and is not encouraging interest in Robertson.

Dutch outfit Willem II are also understood to be admirers of the youngster, while Levein may have to up the ante if he wants to take Robertson south of the border.

Hoe many more midfield players do we need?

I think he'd be one for the future and CL sees him as someone he wouldn't play regulary this season, a Stearman like approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669