homer's 'he could do a job' summer targets thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flo was good at Chelsea, rubbish at Rangers and even worse at Sunderland as for those other signings all would be good but Robbie Blake signed for Brum for £1.5million in January so I would imagine it would take close if not more than £1million to sign him now, do we really have that sort of money to spend?

Maybe its a season long loan with an option to buy him at the end if by some miracle we are promoted...

fcukcov said:
but hughes wasnt really a hit up there either and he seems quite a good buy for us.

fair comment, except that hughes was a crackin player and everyone could see that, but as a young scottish player at an OF team, he simply wasnt going to play as their fans demand big name signings, even if theyre no as good as what they already have. when hughes signed for u i was str8 on here saying what a great buy he was, it was that obvious to evryone outside the OF

as for the best player up here from down there, my money would go on chris sutton, fantastic player

youngscot said:
fcukcov said:
but hughes wasnt really a hit up there either and he seems quite a good buy for us.

fair comment, except that hughes was a crackin player and everyone could see that, but as a young scottish player at an OF team, he simply wasnt going to play as their fans demand big name signings, even if theyre no as good as what they already have. when hughes signed for u i was str8 on here saying what a great buy he was, it was that obvious to evryone outside the OF

as for the best player up here from down there, my money would go on chris sutton, fantastic player

Surprised at Chris Sutton youngscot, never rated him myself and one of the dirtiest players I have ever seen, he likes his elbows too much. Him and Shearer were a nasty combination that got away with murder.

Blake would be a great signing - but can only see us getting him on loan - bruce would make himself look like a right arse if he let a player go just 6 months after signing him for 1.5 million.

Happy with Kenton - looked good and knows this league inside out, Laursen also sounds like he could be promising, and with McCarthy Leveins already shown hes got a good eye for defenders.

Madds Timm I really know nothing about other than he likes to drive fast, I hope if we do get him hes genuinely repentant about what hes done, ie will never do it again, wouldnt be good if we signed a player and he got put away half way through the season for road racing a scooter or something.

I think Chris Lumsdon (Carlisle) would be a good backup player. He's a good all round player and he gets a few goals from midfield.

WhitleyBay_Fox said:
I think Chris Lumsdon (Carlisle) would be a good backup player. He's a good all round player and he gets a few goals from midfield.

dont think we have the room for back up players unfortunately.

Ulrik Laursen looks set to leave Celtic, with the defender admitting he has asked for his contract to be paid off.

Laursen has attracted Leicester City, but a return home to OB has not been ruled out.

"Celtic are, at the moment, considering the sum I have demanded to cancel my contract with the club," Laursen told Fyens Stiftstidende.

"It looks like the manager doesn't believe in me.

"It might be that I come back and show well in training and he changes his mind.

"Right now I haven't sorted out anything, but if I do move home then OB is my favourite option."

source http://footballmsn.skysports.com/li...ready+to+leave+Bhoys&channel=Championship[/quote]

Looks as though Richie wants to go to Cov. :-( No ambition. :smt018

SkySports said:
Winger wants Coventry move
by Mark Buckingham - created on 17 Jun 2005

Ritchie Partridge is hoping to clinch a move to Coventry City following his release by Liverpool.

The winger was axed by Rafa Benitez at the end of the season after failing to convince the Reds boss he is worth a first-team spot at Anfield.

Partridge made just two appearances last term under Benitez - both in the Carling Cup - and he is now looking for a new club.

A trio of Championship clubs are on his trail but the 24-year-old admits his preference is for Coventry ahead of Leeds United and Norwich City.

The former Republic of Ireland Under-21 international spent the bulk of the 2002/03 season on loan with The Sky Blues.

Coventry boss Micky Adams has been in touch regarding signing Partridge and the wide man is anxious for a deal to be struck as the club prepare to move into their new Ricoh Arena stadium.

"Coventry, Norwich and Leeds are interested in me and if I had the choice it would be Coventry," said Partridge.

"I really enjoyed it there when I had a season-long loan."

Source

Steven said:
Looks as though Richie wants to go to Cov. :-( No ambition. :smt018

SkySports said:
Winger wants Coventry move
by Mark Buckingham - created on 17 Jun 2005

Ritchie Partridge is hoping to clinch a move to Coventry City following his release by Liverpool.

The winger was axed by Rafa Benitez at the end of the season after failing to convince the Reds boss he is worth a first-team spot at Anfield.

Partridge made just two appearances last term under Benitez - both in the Carling Cup - and he is now looking for a new club.

A trio of Championship clubs are on his trail but the 24-year-old admits his preference is for Coventry ahead of Leeds United and Norwich City.

The former Republic of Ireland Under-21 international spent the bulk of the 2002/03 season on loan with The Sky Blues.

Coventry boss Micky Adams has been in touch regarding signing Partridge and the wide man is anxious for a deal to be struck as the club prepare to move into their new Ricoh Arena stadium.

"Coventry, Norwich and Leeds are interested in me and if I had the choice it would be Coventry," said Partridge.

"I really enjoyed it there when I had a season-long loan."

Source
doesn't sound like a micky adams signing :p

Tell you what though, if he plays to his potential, Covscum have got one hell of a player there I reckon. :-x

Mark Fish released on a free from Charlton, 33, not a bad player - probably too old mind, in fact, god knows why I am posting this at all... Jesus Christ, the spare time I have on my hands for a Saturday night is frankly depressing. Apologies to those who have even read this post. :eek:

alex said:
Tell you what though, if he plays to his potential, Covscum have got one hell of a player there I reckon. :-x

He'll spend more time on the treatment table than playing. ;-)

alex said:
Mark Fish released on a free from Charlton, 33, not a bad player - probably too old mind, in fact, god knows why I am posting this at all... Jesus Christ, the spare time I have on my hands for a Saturday night is frankly depressing. Apologies to those who have even read this post. :eek:

Another to keep Morris company on the treatment table. :roll: ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669