Homer's - 'He could do a job' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
kevin philllips he'd be good if we can get him he'd score a few goals but don't know how much he is worth

Kevin Phillips would be an amazing signing, if he is available at half the price of DJ then we should buy, buy, buy!!!!

I think you could be right, but to be honest, I can't see us getting either of them.

:icon_lol:

(Anyway, enough of your editing and get back to your archeologists)

Last edited:
Damaged goods, just like Fowler IMO.

Did you not see any of the Play-Off semis? He was by far a class above the rest. IMO he would be well worth signing even if he can only manage 60 mins a week. His goal scoring record overall is pretty good but in this division it is ****in unbelievable.

The difference with Phillips and Fowler is that Phillips has maintained his excellent strike rate to this day, whereas Fowler, well you just need to watch him play, he is not even a shadow of his former self!

Did you not see any of the Play-Off semis? He was by far a class above the rest. IMO he would be well worth signing even if he can only manage 60 mins a week. His goal scoring record overall is pretty good but in this division it is ****in unbelievable.

The difference with Phillips and Fowler is that Phillips has maintained his excellent strike rate to this day, whereas Fowler, well you just need to watch him play, he is not even a shadow of his former self!

Point taken, I just think the money would be better spent on someone younger and fitter.

Point taken, I just think the money would be better spent on someone younger and fitter.

I would much rather pay £1mill for someone who has scored plenty of goals in every season he has played, and also in the top flight than pay twice as much for someone who scored a few goals in this league once, and only done it below this league for a couple of seasons before.

He was playing in a very good attacking team though last year, i'm not so sure he do so well for us although with prices of strikers today £1m doesn't seem to bad.

Did i here Sheff utd wanted him??

What about Matthew Etherington from West Ham. They seem to be spending bucketloads of cash this sumeer so surely his opportunities will be limited at best. I wouldn't think he would cost that much either or we could possibly get him in on loan.

Triple swoop from west ham - Etherington, Noble and McCartney and we'd be all sorted.

What about Matthew Etherington from West Ham. They seem to be spending bucketloads of cash this sumeer so surely his opportunities will be limited at best. I wouldn't think he would cost that much either or we could possibly get him in on loan.

Triple swoop from west ham - Etherington, Noble and McCartney and we'd be all sorted.

no chance

no chance

Thats just what i was going to say! :icon_bigg

Why would any of those three players want to leave West ham and play for leicester??

There is no way any of them would drop down into the championship whether West ham want them or not, they would just go to another premiership club.

Thats just what i was going to say! :icon_bigg

Why would any of those three players want to leave West ham and play for leicester??

There is no way any of them would drop down into the championship whether West ham want them or not, they would just go to another premiership club.

If the High Court rules against WH they might be in League One. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_bigg ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669