How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"He added that the hardest part was organising the event and teaching everyone the rules."

The rules? It's ONLY dominoes FFS!!!
It's underwater dominoes, which has its own rules. For example, trying to drown an opponent for blocking your move is frowned upon but not actually against the rules. Splashing, on the other hand, automatically results in forfeiture of the game.

You would be surprised how many didn't know or knew a different set of rules! It was good fun though.

Thanks for the link PPF.

Australia, where I'm working for 5 months. Near the town of Warrnambool, about 3.5 hours drive West of Melbourne, there is a large and beautiful nature reserve called Tower Hill (sounds like a stop on the London Underground). There is a boardwalk through the extensive marshes and where it rejoins the forest I saw signs of digging in the firm mud, which I guessed was due to ecidnas. I walked back and forth along about a 300 m stretch until dusk, and finally saw one beside the boardwalk. It didn't hang around long, but waddled off into the undergrowth.

I went back to this fantastic reserve at 7 a.m this morning because there is an impressive variety of birds including honeyeaters, fairywrens, scrubwrens, emus, assorted parrots and fantails, as well as excellent views of grey kangaroos, black wallabys and koalas. I found an area where there is are even more extensive signs of echidna activity. I will check it out in a few weeks.

I have now seen 50% of the genera of egg-laying mammals, which is far higher than I've managed for placental mammals. My daughter is coming to visit me in a couple of months and top of her agenda is seeing echidna and platypus (I have plans for the latter which I haven't seen yet), so I must do my research - and it's a nice break from labwork.

Sorry it's such a long reply, I get carried away with my enthusiasm for the wildlife here, which most of the locals don't seem very interested in.
Fabulous stuff, Hector, you must be absolutely loving it. I'm delighted for you. Keep us updated....

View attachment 10719
Saw this little fella a few weeks back. Behind him is a chicken wire fence to help protect the native bush species. He was marching up and down looking for a way in and a tasty meal I guess. Run over one of these in the bush and you better have a spare!
Amazing creature, nice photo Billyjof.

You just popped up on my newsfeed :icon_conf
Really? ****ing hell!

Tired, really tired. You try setting up 300,000 fake Facebook accounts, it fair takes it out of you it does.
:icon_lol:

Hasn't popped up on mine :(
I'd pop up in your newsfeed any time you want, Cate :icon_bigg

Anyway, I can't take it anymore. I've been up since 4am, being enthralled, appalled and amused by what's been going on with my Facebook page. I'm going back to bed.

Seeing as millions of people have seen my Facebook page today, I don't suppose it will make any difference if you lot want to take a look and track the numbers - https://www.facebook.com/richardpfray. More than 350,000 likes for the photo, and almost 40,000 shares. Well done Mawsley!

It's now on George Takei's page. Thankfully he's posted it on his own and not shared it from my page, which otherwise would have taken it straight into the millions. Good lord, what have I done?

Really? ****ing hell!

:icon_lol:

I'd pop up in your newsfeed any time you want, Cate :icon_bigg

Anyway, I can't take it anymore. I've been up since 4am, being enthralled, appalled and amused by what's been going on with my Facebook page. I'm going back to bed.

Seeing as millions of people have seen my Facebook page today, I don't suppose it will make any difference if you lot want to take a look and track the numbers - https://www.facebook.com/richardpfray. More than 350,000 likes for the photo, and almost 40,000 shares. Well done Mawsley!

Now there's an offer lol ;)

I prefer the Jimmy Glass video, so I've liked that instead.

It's now on George Takei's page. Thankfully he's posted it on his own and not shared it from my page, which otherwise would have taken it straight into the millions. Good lord, what have I done?

You appeared on mine too earlier, before I knew who you were, but via an ex member of this site so that's not too surprising

You appeared on mine too earlier, before I knew who you were, but via an ex member of this site so that's not too surprising

Similar situation to me. When I looked to see who you were I noticed you had been to the same Oadby schools as me!

It is ironic that you take all those amazing wildlife / scenic photos and then become famous for one you not only didn't take but that people seem to be taking great delight in telling you is fake - even though that's not the point and you never claimed credit for anyway!

Now there's an offer lol ;)
:icon_wink

I prefer the Jimmy Glass video, so I've liked that instead.
:038:

I wonder who that was? I think the only member of this site that I was Facebook friends with was Matt_B, unless one of my 'real life' friends was a former poster under a name I didn't recognize.

Similar situation to me. When I looked to see who you were I noticed you had been to the same Oadby schools as me!
Manor and Beauchamp, innit!

It is ironic that you take all those amazing wildlife / scenic photos and then become famous for one you not only didn't take but that people seem to be taking great delight in telling you is fake - even though that's not the point and you never claimed credit for anyway!
Sums it up nicely Sue.

This comment made me laugh
It made me cringe, MoFo!

By the way, not wanting to offend any of my pretend friends on here, if anyone has sent me a friend request and I haven't accepted it, please send me a message and I'll send you a friend request in return. I've spent most of the day deleting adverts and refusing friend requests from hundreds of random strangers.

Most ****ed up day of my life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670