How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In shock

Vet's bill of £649

It was a stomach bug, FFS, not a triple by-pass operation.

Not sure.

A couple of weeks ago my boss told me that he needed me in Japan for approx 12 weeks of the year.

This will involve an intense course in Japanese to enable me to buy in the Japanese language, and sell in English to Dutch, Germans and British. I will also be responsible for entertaining clients every night of the week in bars and restaurants, and I assure you this is very hard work!!!

Now, one hand it's a very exciting opportunity for me, but on the other hand I have lots of things I don't want to leave behind for all that time, one of which being my four children all five and under. I will also miss the football (playing and watching), some people (one in particular) and perhaps most importantly, you guys :icon_lol:

To rub salt into the wounds, this will involve (potentially) spending all of March, and all of October in Japan each year causing me to miss three of my children's Birthdays.

Not sure how I feel about it, still haven't come to terms with it.

Last edited:
CAn't you come to a compromise where you fly home for 3/4 days every fortnight, or would the salary permit you to fund this yourself maybe?

CAn't you come to a compromise where you fly home for 3/4 days every fortnight, or would the salary permit you to fund this yourself maybe?
I will be working flat out, every day, every night.

Last edited:
I might try it, could get me a nice little runaround.

Make sure that you get it on HP, it's much better to be paying extra interest than paying for it outright. FACT.
This is a handy hint I recently heard from an accountant.

Make sure that you get it on HP, it's much better to be paying extra interest than paying for it outright. FACT.
This is a handy hint I recently heard from an accountant.
This accountant told me one today as well, he said if you can buy a flat with cash, and still have over £850,000 to spare afterwards, then don't!!!!

It's much better to get a mortgage on it, and pay the mortgage lender loads of interest instead. It's genious, Macky, and you heard it here first.

Not sure.

A couple of weeks ago my boss told me that he needed me in Japan for approx 12 weeks of the year.

This will involve an intense course in Japanese to enable me to buy in the Japanese language, and sell in English to Dutch, Germans and British. I will also be responsible for entertaining clients every night of the week in bars and restaurants, and I assure you this is very hard work!!!

Now, one hand it's a very exciting opportunity for me, but on the other hand I have lots of things I don't want to leave behind for all that time, one of which being my four children all five and under. I will also miss the football (playing and watching), some people (one in particular) and perhaps most importantly, you guys :icon_lol:

To rub salt into the wounds, this will involve (potentially) spending all of March, and all of October in Japan each year causing me to miss three of my children's Birthdays.

Not sure how I feel about it, still haven't come to terms with it.

A couple of my colleagues used to work in advertising in Tokyo and had to do the nightly entertaining bit, generally they took between $2,000 and $5,000 per night as expenses to entertain 1 client, entertaining in Japan really is heavy going and very expensive.

I hope you are really good at languages if you are planning to learn business japanese in a short time, I've worked for the japanese for 12 years and quickly realised there was no point in me even trying this.

At least March and October are 2 of the best months in Japan.

A couple of my colleagues used to work in advertising in Tokyo and had to do the nightly entertaining bit, generally they took between $2,000 and $5,000 per night as expenses to entertain 1 client, entertaining in Japan really is heavy going and very expensive.

I hope you are really good at languages if you are planning to learn business japanese in a short time, I've worked for the japanese for 12 years and quickly realised there was no point in me even trying this.

At least March and October are 2 of the best months in Japan.
I've done the job lots of times, but two weeks is the longest I've ever done it for. In the past though I have just assisted a colleague, now I'm on my own.

We entertain approx 10 clients in any one go, and you are right, it is seriously expensive.

I've done the job lots of times, but two weeks is the longest I've ever done it for. In the past though I have just assisted a colleague, now I'm on my own.

We entertain approx 10 clients in any one go, and you are right, it is seriously expensive.

What do you spend so much money on, is it just drink and food, or do you need to take them to shows/strippers/expensive parties etc?

What do you spend so much money on, is it just drink and food, or do you need to take them to shows/strippers/expensive parties etc?
Food and drink. Once the meal has officially finished, they can go and do whatever it is the want, but they can pay for that themselves.

The more lavish you make the evenings, the more fun they have, and the more they'll spend the next day. It's proven. All the clients are from different companies, so it's important that they are working with each other, and not against each other, this helps them spend more if there is a good relationship between them.

It's not a case of ordering from a menu what they want, I'll just order shit loads of everything and get it delivered to the table, when that's run out, I'll order some more.

Food and drink. Once the meal has officially finished, they can go and do whatever it is the want, but they can pay for that themselves.

The more lavish you make the evenings, the more fun they have, and the more they'll spend the next day. It's proven. All the clients are from different companies, so it's important that they are working with each other, and not against each other, this helps them spend more if there is a good relationship between them.

It's not a case of ordering from a menu what they want, I'll just order shit loads of everything and get it delivered to the table, when that's run out, I'll order some more.

I bet it gets boring and tiring after a few night, but I bet it's a lot of fun for the first few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  614
2Arsenal614
3Liverpool613
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69