How Are People Feeling Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knackered but happy.

Got in at 5 this morning after travelling down to Stoke Mandeville yesterday afternoon for the birth of our first two grand-kids.

One of each - result :icon_bigg
Crikey! You're even older than I thought.:icon_bigg

Big congrats.

Last edited:
Pretty angry. Someone bastards broke into my student daughter's house yesterday evening and stole the laptops (and other stuff) of all of the housemates. It looks like they have all lost months of work on their final year projects so a harsh lesson learnt on backing up to an external drive. None of them can afford to buy replacements either really. She is insured but with a hefty excess due to living in a dodgy part of the city.

Pretty angry. Someone bastards broke into my student daughter's house yesterday evening and stole the laptops (and other stuff) of all of the housemates. It looks like they have all lost months of work on their final year projects so a harsh lesson learnt on backing up to an external drive. None of them can afford to buy replacements either really. She is insured but with a hefty excess due to living in a dodgy part of the city.

Not nice, but with so much free webspace to store stuff why didn't they have backups?

Not nice, but with so much free webspace to store stuff why didn't they have backups?

Good question :( I had this conversation with her just after Christmas. The trouble is with the type of stuff they do (3d models, architectural drawings, lots of graphics etc) the files are large but I'm sure there must be places out there. Lesson learned the hard way.

Good question :( I had this conversation with her just after Christmas. The trouble is with the type of stuff they do (3d models, architectural drawings, lots of graphics etc) the files are large but I'm sure there must be places out there. Lesson learned the hard way.

USB memory sticks are so cheap these days there's no excuse for not having one to back up important stuff. But I think most people don't bother backing up often enough. I know my last backup of TB was about 6 months ago, so if the server's SSD dies Sven will be back in charge...

USB memory sticks are so cheap these days there's no excuse for not having one to back up important stuff. But I think most people don't bother backing up often enough. I know my last backup of TB was about 6 months ago, so if the server's SSD dies Sven will be back in charge...

How soon can you arrange for the server SSD to die? :)

USB memory sticks are so cheap these days there's no excuse for not having one to back up important stuff. But I think most people don't bother backing up often enough.
Some was on a stick but it doesn't help if you keep the memory stick in the laptop bag with the stolen laptop

Last edited by a moderator:
BM - thoughts with you. Been there from a baby point of view. Stepping stone on the river of life. Keep,positive.

Cheers everyone :thumbs_up seems strange but the replies and PMs have been helpful. Mrs Maniac is recovering both physically and emotionally and is looking to the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669