How Much Longer?

How Much Longer Has Levein Got?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends what you expect him to have done by the end of that time! ;)

I said end of season. As long as we are in an improved position by the the time the season finished, then we should keep him.

The only way we should get rid of him before then is if we are in serious relegation trouble after Christmas. Even that is a bit early, but if we're in a relegation fight then, then bringing a new manager in then would give them a chance to at least change the squad a little in January. No way at all Levein should be leaving before Christmas.

Its a pity we are even talking about Leveins future at this stage. During the summer most folk were in agreement that we must give Levein time to build. I admit it don't look great, but for feck sake we've only played 10 games with a new side and still only 6 points away from the play offs. Form suggests we are going nowhere, but 3 pts against Brighton and a result against the sheep and there would be a different mood about the place.

About 3 years if you ask me. Thats the amount of time that the likes of shankley and busby reconed it took to build their rspective sides. And before you say it, yes both the man united post '58 team and the eropean conquering liverpool teams were both built from scratch with little or no money.
even alex ferguson was threatend the sack before he had any success, 3 years later.
what CL has started here is nothing short of excellent considering what he had to start with, the team are playing so much better than last years dull pointless long-balling thud thumping dorks that MA had in his team. Give these lads the time and they will gel . In over 35 years of watching the city, this is possably the the best for price squad thats been assembled.

psychotic.fox said:
About 3 years if you ask me. Thats the amount of time that the likes of shankley and busby reconed it took to build their rspective sides. And before you say it, yes both the man united post '58 team and the eropean conquering liverpool teams were both built from scratch with little or no money.
even alex ferguson was threatend the sack before he had any success, 3 years later.
what CL has started here is nothing short of excellent considering what he had to start with, the team are playing so much better than last years dull pointless long-balling thud thumping dorks that MA had in his team. Give these lads the time and they will gel . In over 35 years of watching the city, this is possably the the best for price squad thats been assembled.

Let's see if you are so optomisitc if we are in League One next season.

psychotic.fox said:
football has completely changed since the 60s, money has taken over.

Graz said:
Depends what you expect him to have done by the end of that time! ;)

I said end of season. As long as we are in an improved position by the the time the season finished, then we should keep him.

The only way we should get rid of him before then is if we are in serious relegation trouble after Christmas. Even that is a bit early, but if we're in a relegation fight then, then bringing a new manager in then would give them a chance to at least change the squad a little in January. No way at all Levein should be leaving before Christmas.

Look at derby, they were nearly relegated the season we were in the preimership, and then they did really quite well last season. Who knows ay:102:

psychotic.fox said:

We can't be afraid to say were playing crap if we are, and I think its only natural for people to get edgey when theres little to no sign of success. But we shall just have to plod on. Sacking CL wouldn't help the club at all, so we might as well stick at it for the time being.

Didn't Derby nearly go down when George Burley had his first season in charge there?! Took them two seasons to challenge for playoffs again. They weren't far off going into admin' themselves not so long ago.

Changing manager now will acheive nothing!!! Apart from set us back even further... End of the season minimum! In the last two seasons West Ham and Palace were miles off the pace then got promoted via playoffs! Now I don't think we've got a sniff of the Playoffs this term but Levein is building a squad that will either maature into a fine red wine or drive us all to drink with this awful run of results!

Yes things have got to improve. But a knee jerk reaction certainly isn't the answer!

I voted Xmas because if he doesn't sort it out, that's probably around the time he will go. But I would like him to have more time.... as long as he can turn it around.

The problem is: we are now in a position where it "needs to be turned around" which traditionally is the stage before "we have to find a new manager".

Worrying times... :icon_sad:

the poll should be how many more threads will contain this same message in different guises :102:

I think Levein should get another 2 seasons to turn it around.

He has had little money, got rid of nearly 20 players and brought in about 15 or 16 and tried to change the style of play. Apart from Dublin and Tiatto all of the other players have time on their side and we should be looking for some improvement in the coming seasons.

I always thought that it would take time to gel and that we would be inconsistent before Christmas. I exepcted us to be challenging for the play-offs by the end of the season (without getting there) and having a real promotion push next season.

We may still question a couple of his signings (though not sure now is the time to judge) and some of his tactics. Even MON made the odd duff signing and I think Levein has been under pressure to change things round at the back due to the mistakes individuals have made that hae cost us dearly.

When suspensions and injuries have cleared up I would like him to stick with Maybury, Johansson, Gerrbrand & Gilbert and give them time to gel.

Putting presuure on Levein and the squad right now can't be helpful and we are likely to get some knee-jerk reactions back regarding selection and tactics (esp if the crowd voice this at games).

I believe in his strategy (young quick players, playing passing football), which is more than I can say for Adams and I also believe he will come good - he had a good track record up in Scotland.

It is much too early to say we are not going to improve this season - just look at what Palace and Sunderland did last season.

Granite Fox said:
I think Levein should get another 2 seasons to turn it around.

He has had little money, got rid of nearly 20 players and brought in about 15 or 16 and tried to change the style of play. Apart from Dublin and Tiatto all of the other players have time on their side and we should be looking for some improvement in the coming seasons.

I always thought that it would take time to gel and that we would be inconsistent before Christmas. I exepcted us to be challenging for the play-offs by the end of the season (without getting there) and having a real promotion push next season.

We may still question a couple of his signings (though not sure now is the time to judge) and some of his tactics. Even MON made the odd duff signing and I think Levein has been under pressure to change things round at the back due to the mistakes individuals have made that hae cost us dearly.

When suspensions and injuries have cleared up I would like him to stick with Maybury, Johansson, Gerrbrand & Gilbert and give them time to gel.

Putting presuure on Levein and the squad right now can't be helpful and we are likely to get some knee-jerk reactions back regarding selection and tactics (esp if the crowd voice this at games).

I believe in his strategy (young quick players, playing passing football), which is more than I can say for Adams and I also believe he will come good - he had a good track record up in Scotland.

It is much too early to say we are not going to improve this season - just look at what Palace and Sunderland did last season.

Have you been to any games recently?

lazzer said:
the poll should be how many more threads will contain this same message in different guises :102:

The poll is also asking the wrong question.

It is entirely a matter of expectations and results that will govern matters.

What are reasonable expectations for Leicester City? IMO people expect improvement on last season mainly in terms of results but also in terms of player's visible attitude i.e. commitment.

As far as results are concerned - if things don't pick up, then the pressures on Levein and the board would be IMO very strong to withstand well before Christmas. In that case a change is more or less inevitable whether its for the best or not.

I'm not saying that is right or wrong - it's just the way it is in football.

As has been said on the other threads - the best thing is for things to improve under Levein - cos its just going to mean more cost and more upheaval to make a change ...... that said the position at The Walkers is seriously depressing and in my view what is needed most is to find people with financial clout to join the board....very, very difficult I know but that would make the difference.

Redditch Fox said:
The poll is also asking the wrong question.

It is entirely a matter of expectations and results that will govern matters.

What are reasonable expectations for Leicester City? IMO people expect improvement on last season mainly in terms of results but also in terms of player's visible attitude i.e. commitment.

As far as results are concerned - if things don't pick up, then the pressures on Levein and the board would be IMO very strong to withstand well before Christmas. In that case a change is more or less inevitable whether its for the best or not.

I'm not saying that is right or wrong - it's just the way it is in football.

As has been said on the other threads - the best thing is for things to improve under Levein - cos its just going to mean more cost and more upheaval to make a change ...... that said the position at The Walkers is seriously depressing and in my view what is needed most is to find people with financial clout to join the board....very, very difficult I know but that would make the difference.

yeah like that tight fecker engelbert :icon_evil

lazzer said:

Totally agree Lazzer.After every game its either 'Sack Him' or 'Play Offs here we Come'...suppose its to be expected.I think Patience isn't a well liked word on here and I mean Patience in the way of 2 years,CL is taking on a complete rebuild.

the calls for his head are probably coming from the younger fans who probably have not endured some of the eighties games ast filbo and disrespect to them but they probably have been spoiled :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669