HTC Desire

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I manually close all of the background stuff, I can get another couple of hours out of my iPhone.
:icon_roll

By doing that on my Desire I got 2 1/2 days between charges. :)

By doing that on my Desire I got 2 1/2 days between charges. :)

Android is best left to manage it's background programmes as turning some off stops data etc. I can't for the life of me understand why they have app management solutions in the store, most actually cause more problems than they solve, only reason I can think is that people moving from a less effective OS expect to have to manage things themselves.

If you want real battery life go for a non-feature phone, some of them hold charge for weeks on standby

The biggest battery drainers on Android are not having auto-brightness on, Google backup (Froyo) and having GPS and wi-fi turned on 24/7

The biggest battery drainers on Android are not having auto-brightness on, Google backup (Froyo) and having GPS and wi-fi turned on 24/7

Not downloading the new version of google maps is a good way to save battery, it seems to keep polling the internet and gps and I can find no way to stop it (other than turning data and gps off), version 4.4 is no problem version 4.5 is useless.

Three days since I last charged the phone. :)

Just under four days. Not bad. :)

Pretty sure my phone would last that long if I had no friends and never used it.

:icon_razz

Pretty sure my phone would last that long if I had no friends and never used it.

:icon_razz

Ho, ho. :)

Yes it was used and do have some people to ring/text and to ring/text me. :icon_bigg No wi-fi for two days though. :icon_wink

To be fair my iPhone has been 3 days without a charge and still plenty of battery so I guess some of it is down to how you use it

ne'ermind ppf, homer will be facebook friends with you if you like.
Just don't accept any of his 'event' invitations

Fortunately I'm not a user of that (but I'll politely decline any such invitations though)

Good job you'd posted on this thread and quoted me though Macky, I hadn't realised I'd posted on it until I saw that.

Mate has this at school, looks really good, loads of different settings to change, nice displays and looks brilliant! Similar to the iPhone.

How do I get podcasts on it?

Can I sync iCal or the Google calendar with it?

Menu/Accounts and Sync, add your google account to get google calendar, don't know about podcasts, never had the time to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363