Post Match Hull 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defended well all second half then undone with a cracking strike. Annoying but think we did well considering the decision.

I'd like to see the pen decision again..but it looked to me like it was wrong.

Once that happened any kind of result was a bonus.

Last edited:
I think that could would have been totally different if not for that penalty and red card decision. I am not sure I would have taken a striker off tbh...

But for the sending off and the penalty, who knows what might have been. Hull looked very ordinary but we just ran out of legs at the end.

Anyway, look on the bright side ... Forest and Coventry both in the bottom three.

I thought the decision looked dodgey. Ultimately I'm not sure it was a 'turning point' as I thought we looked crap for most of the game, including with 11 men. Where was all the closing down that was evident in the Palace game, we defended well soaking up a crapload of pressure but in the end they were just much better than us. We looked very indecisive and lethargic IMO.

No arguments from me to be honest, with 10 men we looked far better and on the break in the second half we looked more likely to score, hull never really threatened for all their possession and was going to take something special to win the game and that's exactly what happpend. As a Leicester fan i will mark that down as one we could have won but we did enough to convince me that Pearson has us going in the right direction once again.

Would like to see the red card again, thought it was a good tackle myself, but some saying he deliberately tripped the player up before/after he got the ball. Bamba and SSL did well though and Mills wasn't missed at all at CB, the problem was we never looked like we had much going forward with only one up front.

Ah, well, it was Hull's cup final and they were always going to be up for it more than us. On to the next game.

Last edited:
Never a penalty, never a red card as far as i'm concerned. Terrible result, hopefully we can get all 3 points next week and go on from there.

This is the player that should have come on and not Gally2011-12-03 18.39.22.jpg

Howard himself agreed when we met him in the car park.
I assume he was in his own car as the coach was in the opposite direction

Last edited:
I watched the game on Al Jazera Sport and had the benefit of a few replays of the penalty. I think it was deffo a pen as his trailing leg took the guy out (after he had moved the ball out of the way). Dont agree it was a red card though as the ball moved away from the goal so it wasnt a clear goal scoring opportunity and wasnt particularly dirty either.

I watched the game on Al Jazera Sport and had the benefit of a few replays of the penalty. I think it was deffo a pen as his trailing leg took the guy out (after he had moved the ball out of the way). Dont agree it was a red card though as the ball moved away from the goal so it wasnt a clear goal scoring opportunity and wasnt particularly dirty either.

I'd agree with that. Millsy left his leg in, after initially making a great tackle. A penalty, but not a red card.

One thing I have to say is that Konchesky has impressed me this season so far after a shaky start. He's consistently reliable at the back and good going forward too. Makes a great change to have someone I feel confident in in that position after having van Aanholt's walkabout antics playing there last season. Definitely been one of our best players this season imo.

I didn't see Mills lift his leg on the stream but I might be wrong. If he did deliberately leg up their player then I've no complaint with the red card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669