Hull City Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back from the game. Like Hazzman said it was a shit game where we were so naive it was unbelievable. However Hull were truly crap and they had about three chances all game and scored from two.

Our defending was crap and we played far too much hoof ball for my liking. Leon Cort dealt with every hoof and was crap on the ground. That should have been a tip but we did not seem to realise. :icon_eek: :icon_roll

When I saw Joey's goal I thought it was another pointless hoof at first then I saw it go in. :038: :038: :038:

If we play like that against better sides we will get creamed. However it was three points so who is complaining. :icon_bigg :) :icon_wink ;)

Tend to agree with Steven's comments, the scoreline flattered the game, which on the whole was mediocre and Joey aside lacked real quality.

I felt we did seem to play a little more direct, and with Williams in the side it is criminal as it makes him a virtual passenger, and this led on many occasions to us needlessly gifting possession back to Hull. The second half was an improvement but we did look very nervy at the back, only Kisnorbo for me looked anything like assured, we have certainly missed McCarthy.

On a positive note, we did win the game, and the players showed great character to bounce back from last week's defeat and also from being pegged back twice. I also felt that each time we did step it up, which usually resulted in us taking the lead / regaining the lead we did look the far better side, we looked like we stepped up a gear when we needed to, which is fustrating because we could have won this game comfortably. However it is a good sign if we can play below our best and still win.

The quality of the goals were well the journey alone.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Tend to agree with Steven's comments, the scoreline flattered the game, which on the whole was mediocre and Joey aside lacked real quality.

I felt we did seem to play a little more direct, and with Williams in the side it is criminal as it makes him a virtual passenger, and this led on many occasions to us needlessly gifting possession back to Hull. The second half was an improvement but we did look very nervy at the back, only Kisnorbo for me looked anything like assured, we have certainly missed McCarthy.

On a positive note, we did win the game, and the players showed great character to bounce back from last week's defeat and also from being pegged back twice. I also felt that each time we did step it up, which usually resulted in us taking the lead / regaining the lead we did look the far better side, we looked like we stepped up a gear when we needed to, which is fustrating because we could have won this game comfortably. However it is a good sign if we can play below our best and still win.

The quality of the goals were well the journey alone.

As part of the mutual admiration society, I would agree with that. :icon_razz :icon_wink ;)

Steven said:
As part of the mutual admiration society, I would agree with that. :icon_razz :icon_wink ;)

Cheers Stevo, one thing I forgot to mention was the breathtaking save by Henderson in the 2nd half, considering he was fairly untested throughout the game he showed great concentration to be in a position to make such a great save.

The comical part was from the resulting corner, when Hendo came out and unconvincing flapped at the ball. That 30 seconds or so truly sums up the good and bad of Hendo, unbelievable shot stopper but terrible at crosses.

Doug said:
Make sure you stay out of the Earl de Grey...if it's still open:icon_lol:

:icon_lol:
first half was......:015: second half was better bit of gloating going on after the game :038: :icon_bigg

Hazzman's after-thoughts

Henderson was great, his saves superb
Stearman, terrible, looked injured, needs to improve his thinking,
Johansson, drug test needed, he looked comfortable at left back,
Kisborno, for every thing he done good, he done one thing bad,
Gerrbrand, struggled against Parkin

Maybury, struggled
Joey, crap until the two goals, we will be lost without him,
Willams- Lazy, work-shy
Hughes- Struggled on the left wing and because of we looked narrow

Hume and Fryatt worked bollocks off again.

We played rubbish at some parts, they even more so dire, Kelly's subs were spot on, I can't believe we instited on playing long ball, when I think at least 3 times they were backing off when a player was running at them.

Hume!!!! Get In!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670