Hull post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed but now looking possible.Even our defence,our only saving grace,is now looking dodgy

It's still a pretty decent defence but in all fairness, they're never going to go all season keeping clean sheets so it was an impossible situation to keep going. I still believe the two centre backs and the goalkeeper we have are as good as any in this division. It just shows up when we concede goals because we simply cannot create anything for our strikers.

Good luck in January attracting players, Ollie. You'll need it as others have said - who is going to want to join this place?

who is going to want to come here?

Completely agree.

Between now and the end of the January transfer window, we are going to hear more nonsense about how we are seeking to bring in "decent" players.

But it's very unlikely to be deliverable. Better players are just not going to want to join this shambles - unless they are induced with seriously OTT money.

I don't think this talk about bringing in a host of players helps at all. The reality is that Holloway and co. need to work with what we have - and make sure we grind out sufficient points against other strugglers to avert relegation.

It should be possible - but whilst the stadium, facilities and fan base might be possible premier league - I'm afraid that the playing staff and I fear the management looks more like the lower divisions. This is not a criticism of Holloway. I'm sure he was about the best we could get - and I certainly think we have to stick with him now.

Last edited by a moderator:
who is going to want to come here?

Completely agree.

Between now and the end of the January transfer window, we are going to hear more nonsense about how we are seeking to bring in "decent" players.

But it's very unlikely to be deliverable. Better players are just not going to want to join this shambles - unless they are induced with seriously OTT money.

I don't think this talk about bringing in a host of players helps at all. The reality is that Holloway and co. need to work with what we have - and make sure we grind out sufficient points against other strugglers to avert relegation.

It should be possible - but whilst the stadium, facilities and fan base might be possible premier league - I'm afraid that the playing staff and I fear the management looks more like the lower divisions. This is not a criticism of Holloway. I'm sure he was about the best we could get - and I certainly think we have to stick with him now.

Agreed RF but he does now have to take some of the blame,yes they are poor players but under Megson they were at least scraping points now losing is becoming a habit and IH has to accept some of the responsibilty for results

Last edited by a moderator:
But not if Colchester don't beat Norwich today.

Come on Norwich.

Is that what it has come to ?:icon_sad: Having to cheer on other teams and its not even Christmas.

Last edited:
New Year, New transfer window, I just hope our new manager has his sights on what's rotten and is seeking to clear out the old shit.

Our current predicament:100:
We are beyond it, I firmly believe that we will be fighting relegation.

Clubs will only sell to us if MM pays over the odds and they all know they can ask stupid money, players will only come for ridiculous salaries unless Ollie convinces them that their future lies at City.

I don't believe MM will dip that deep into his pockets and I don't believe he will be able to borrow the level of funds required. Nor do I believe that Holloway has the the ability to gild this City lily.

Come March there will be talk of Monkey-head sightings in the car park.

I'm annoyed. I never bought the rubbish about going up this season but I did buy my season ticket on the back of the prospect of a semi-decent season.

As it now stands I do not believe Mandaric has added any value to the club whatsoever - without a large financial commitment on his part in the New Year he is going to be facing some flack in the Spring.

I just hope our new manager has his sights on what's rotten and is seeking to clear out the old shit.

Our squad for the last 4-5 years has contained lots of players who weren't good enough but we were unable to get rid of them until their contract ended. What makes you think the current bunch will be any easier to get rid of?

We'll just end up with an even bigger squad than we have now.

It's still a pretty decent defence but in all fairness, they're never going to go all season keeping clean sheets so it was an impossible situation to keep going. I still believe the two centre backs and the goalkeeper we have are as good as any in this division. It just shows up when we concede goals because we simply cannot create anything for our strikers.

Good luck in January attracting players, Ollie. You'll need it as others have said - who is going to want to join this place?

Statistically we still have one of the meanest defences in the league but we have only scored 20 goals all season - that less than 1 a game. Even Colchester have scored 30+

We will need to look to the lower leagues for up and coming talent as we will not attract any established or highly sought championship player.

12fi9.gif

Agreed RF but he does now have to take some of the blame,yes they are poor players but under Megson they were at least scraping points now losing is becoming a habit and IH has to accept some of the responsibilty for results

Megson equals fairly ugly football - but the criticism of him was way OTT and was partly based on that juvenile stuff re. the Forest connection.

Anyone with half a brain could see that Megson rapidly realised that the squad is devoid of both depth in midfield and quality or width up front. So he took the obvious step of playing on our relative defensive strengths with a defensive formation. This as you say had a bit of success.

I would think that Holloway does not have the tactical nous of Megson - and also leans towards wanting to play more attractive football. But we haven't got the players to do it. So that's why I think we are where we are.

I suppose there is a choice - i.e get rid of yet another manager , but my gut feeling is that we wouldn't get anyone better and it might well seal our relegation.

What a mess!

lads, sort the quoting out for f*cks sake, I've lost track of who's responding to who

lads, sort the quoting out for f*cks sake, I've lost track of who's responding to who

My fault - sorry -cracking up!!

However, in response to BB - No. I think going into League 1 to sort things out is too risky.

To be brutal, I think Holloway should be allowed to try to avoid relegation and then the whole position re. management and players should be reviwed in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669