Hull post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Megson equals fairly ugly football - but the criticism of him was way OTT and was partly based on that juvenile stuff re. the Forest connection.

Anyone with half a brain could see that Megson rapidly realised that the squad is devoid of both depth in midfield and quality or width up front. So he took the obvious step of playing on our relative defensive strengths with a defensive formation. This as you say had a bit of success.

I would think that Holloway does not have the tactical nous of Megson - and also leans towards wanting to play more attractive football. But we haven't got the players to do it. So that's why I think we are where we are.

I suppose there is a choice - i.e get rid of yet another manager , but my gut feeling is that we wouldn't get anyone better and it might well seal our relegation.

What a mess!

Would you take the drop RF, in order for the club to get some results and rebuild some confidence again?

We'll not go down IMO.

We have started all over again, again. IH has to work absolute magic in January.

**** megson, people talking about him is becoming more unbearable than people bringing up O'Neil all the time.

My fault - sorry -cracking up!!

However, in response to BB - No. I think going into League 1 to sort things out is too risky.

To be brutal, I think Holloway should be allowed to try to avoid relegation and then the whole position re. management and players should be reviwed in the summer.

I'm not sure that IH should be under scrutiny so soon. There are many reasons why people wont want him but imo Plymouths success is mainly down to the side he managed. I think he at least deserves the chance to change our fortunes. Also this is not IH team, maybe opions will be more justified after the transfer market reopens

Can I step in to stop all you blokes getting over-emotional?

The problem we have is that we've had too many managers in too short a time. This means that no one feels secure in the side. Every manager has tried different combinations, played players out of position, and we're totally unsettled.

Strikers in particular have fragile confidence when they don't know what's what, and there were even some wobbles in defence today.

This team isn't operating like a team, because it has no idea what the 'team' is.

Give it time to settle. All teams are like a pint of Guinness - have to take their time to find their level and get a decent head, and yes I know that's ambiguous if you take out the indefinite article, but it kind of adds to the frisson.

The squad needs a bit of a trim, maybe slightly more quality, but above all the players need to know what they're supposed to be doing, each week.

Chill.

Would you take the drop RF, in order for the club to get some results and rebuild some confidence again?

Not shaggin likely!!!!!!

When we came down from the prem we said " Get some wins and a bit of confidence and we'll be straight back up" it didnt happen and we've become consistently worse.

All the trees I work with said the same thing as well when they went down and look at how long them feckers have been stuck. The fact that they deserve it is neither here nor there

Can I step in to stop all you blokes getting over-emotional?

A stark reminder that we as men have lost everything that once was ours.

Ironic that Hayles put in the cross for Norris to score the winner for Plymouth against Watford. seeing as how we were supposed to be trying to sign them. :icon_roll

Same shit, different match.

I feel really bad in saying this, but now, I really do not care what the score is, unless it goes against my betting of course!!

Feel sorry for the people that made the trip up there, don't know why they do it anymore! :(

Our squad is shite but its not the 4th or 5th worst in this league, not by a long shot.

Time to stop whinging about bad players and the fans Mr Holloway and pull your finger out.

Oh heres a good one for you Ollie, Knock knock...Whos there?.....the fecking bottom three if your not fecking carefull :bang:

Megson equals fairly ugly football - but the criticism of him was way OTT and was partly based on that juvenile stuff re. the Forest connection.

I think it was a very small minority who held his f*r*st connections against him, the media made more of it than it was.

My dislike of Megson was mainly down to the style of football he'd played previously, partly due to his reputation of being a bully.

If I'm going to watch a bunch of crap players I at least want them to be trying to win games and go down fighting, than to play for 0-0 and surrendering if we went behind.

Did you go to any of the games we played under Megson?

It was the most dour football I've seen for a long time. I would have stopped going to matches if he'd stayed in charge.

Our current predicament is mostly (as IH has pointed out) down to the crap recruitment policy in the summer. We all knew a creative central midfielder was a big priority, why we didn't sign one is a mystery. We can blame the strikers, but they've had crap service all season, and all strikers will suffer a dip in confidence if they're not seeing the ball.

Dogbreath said:
Not shaggin likely!!!!!!

When we came down from the prem we said " Get some wins and a bit of confidence and we'll be straight back up" it didnt happen and we've become consistently worse.

All the trees I work with said the same thing as well when they went down and look at how long them feckers have been stuck. The fact that they deserve it is neither here nor there

The gap between the prem and championship is huge compared with the champ/ lge 1. Forest suffered a culture shock their 1st season in lge 1, but they have improved and will be back with a side thats winning again. When sides get promoted they often carry that confidence into the higher division. This is why i wonder whether we need to hit rock bottom before we take steps forward again.

Ironic that Hayles put in the cross for Norris to score the winner for Plymouth against Watford. seeing as how we were supposed to be trying to sign them. :icon_roll

To be fair oz, it's not really ironic

I think it was a very small minority who held his f*r*st connections against him, the media made more of it than it was.

My dislike of Megson was mainly down to the style of football he'd played previously, partly due to his reputation of being a bully.

If I'm going to watch a bunch of crap players I at least want them to be trying to win games and go down fighting, than to play for 0-0 and surrendering if we went behind.

Did you go to any of the games we played under Megson?

It was the most dour football I've seen for a long time. I would have stopped going to matches if he'd stayed in charge.

Our current predicament is mostly (as IH has pointed out) down to the crap recruitment policy in the summer. We all knew a creative central midfielder was a big priority, why we didn't sign one is a mystery. We can blame the strikers, but they've had crap service all season, and all strikers will suffer a dip in confidence if they're not seeing the ball.

Well said. Agree totally.

Our squad is shite but its not the 4th or 5th worst in this league, not by a long shot.
Out of interest, how do you justify this statement?

From every game I've watched this season and the results so far, I'd say we fully justify the league position and none of the squad bar Fulop have shown that they are better than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669