Humble pie time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I mean he's only had 23 games so far, way too early to be forming an opinion, he could turn out to be shit for all we know

If only Scarby would update his sig...........

Yes, I was one of them. I unjustifiably said I didn't want Sven Boring-Eriksson. How wrong I was and how delighted I am that we got him.

At the time I was concerned about the media circus that could follow Eriksson and wanted Martin O'Neill to come back. Thankfully neither happened.

It is a good thing to be reminded of our mistakes. It helps us realise that we are not always right.

I did get Sven right owing to the fact that Lazio fans spoke to me about him as their best ever manager. I got Martin O'Neill badly wrong being one of those who thought he was ruining McGhee's good work. To my shame I was one of those who lost patience far too early with Jimmy Bloomfield's rebuilding of an ageing team.

Outside football I announced around 1965 that Vietnam was never going to be that important and Berlin was the place to worry about. In 2007 I was telling people "Obama has no chance in hell - it will be Hillary against McCain and too close to call". I try and keep these prophecies in mind to make me less certain in my opinions.

Perhaps my most important reason to question my judgement came in then year 2000 when I pointed to a picture of Peter Taylor waving a Leicester scarf in celebration of Leicester being top of the Premiership. I grandly then told some bemused American visitors that "This is the greatest man in English history."

As usual, I was spot on about the appointment.

Seemed bizarre to me at the time that anyone could be disappointed with getting Sven in. Even more so now reading the comments in the light of the last few months.

I can only assume people were desperate for MON to return so poo poo'd his only rival. Or people who know feck all about footy.

Perhaps my most important reason to question my judgement came in then year 2000 when I pointed to a picture of Peter Taylor waving a Leicester scarf in celebration of Leicester being top of the Premiership. I grandly then told some bemused American visitors that "This is the greatest man in English history."

:icon_lol::icon_lol: Had me belly laughing there, David.

I'd just settle for them getting the current scoreboard working for now.

I want your avatars bum. Well, not for me you understand, but for me.

One day in the future, SJN may change his avatar to depict a male bottom. Your post however will remain in place for all to see :081:

One day in the future, SJN may change his avatar to depict a male bottom. Your post however will remain in place for all to see :081:

At which point I would take a screenshot and post it in the images thread. :icon_bigg

I didn't criticise ol'Sven but my opinion has changed of the King Power pair.

Just hope Topp falls in love with us
but I am hearing some fan appeasing moves in the summer are being prepared.

Hann, sorry to ask again, but what do you mean by this?

And I heard they where looking at developing the ground as part of their original plans. Although they could do with developing the training and youth academy facilities. Our academy has been rated 4 out of 5 overall. With 5 being the worst. Money needs to be invested there aswell me thinks.

Hann, sorry to ask again, but what do you mean by this?

And I heard they where looking at developing the ground as part of their original plans. Although they could do with developing the training and youth academy facilities. Our academy has been rated 4 out of 5 overall. With 5 being the worst. Money needs to be invested there aswell me thinks.

Redeveloping the ground, switching the training/academy to Loughborough University (before that's criticised remember Team GB for 2012 Olympics are to be based there), a decent kit manufacturer on board, revamped catering. All rumoured moves which make us a little less tinpot.

I feel their reign here will end sour as very rarely as a foreign investor stayed around but Topp appears to be enjoying himself, I just hope he enjoys himself enough to realise football is not a business or money making but it's good fun and he wants to keep us.

I Think the signs have been positive. The money we've spent on the 'off chance' of promotion this year, and the support for Sven wanting to relay the pitch, indicate to me they are not here with the sole intention of making money, but want to enjoy the ride.

My biggest concern is their knowledge of English football. With a manager with great knowledge and experience like Sven, it's not a problem, but if at some point we get a less wise manager, i would be nervous.

It's a shit or bust strategy, and that's the way it goes

If we don't get up this year, then it will have to be the next or both they and Sven will be looking elsewhere

It's tough titty - we are in no worse a situation than when Mandaric was in charge, 'cos exactly the same financial over-commitment was being made before he left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669