Humble pie time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
dd doesn't come out of this with any credit whatsoever :icon_lol:

I admit that Sven is doing much better than I expected at the time, and I am thrilled with the job he is doing. But I think its a bit early to be saying anything yet. Still a long way to go this season folks.

Ginetta did himself no favours either. I wonder what he thinks now.
Cliff Ginnetta, of the official supporters club, does not want City to go down the route of appointing another foreign-based coach – and is no fan of Eriksson.

"I don't think the Leicester fans will be over the moon if it is him," said Ginnetta.

"He is a bit of a joke character who people don't take seriously any more."

Matt Davis, of the Foxes Trust, said he would be "less comfortable" with the appointment than one of the other names who had been in the frame, ex-City boss Martin O'Neill.

"It would be nice to have him back and you wouldn't turn down a manager of his calibre. As far as Sven is concerned, I'm less comfortable with that."

Last edited:
Good god. What does DD think of Mclaren & Capello if he thinks Sven underachieved!

I was at a loss as to why Sven took such a hammering from the press for his time at England at the time, when he clearly did a good job and still am.

Losing to Brazil and twice matching Portugal and losing on penalties is a poor job for England? Reaching 3 quarter finals is a poor job for England? I think people just have a warped view of where England should be in the world. When he took over we were mediocre and he took us into consistently being one of the top 6 or so nations in the world, something we hadn't shown for years beforehand and haven't shown since.

Everyone says we had great players, but really we had several world class creative midfielders (Beckham, Scholes, Lampard, Gerrard) but we had absolutely no balance in the type of players we had whatsoever.

That's actually worse than DD's opinion (who, and no offense, is just an harmless forum poster like all of us). I'm not entirely sure what Ginetta's job is, but he seems to be in some sort of position where he thinks he can speak for the majority of LCFC supporters and to spout that sort of shite is quite shocking, to be honest.

He wouldn't turn down a manager of the calibre of Martin O'Neill, but he doesn't want a manager of the calibre of Sven-Goran Eriksson? :icon_lol: Sven's calibre and pedigree is 2 or 3 times than of O'Neill's.

Yeah, I mean he's only had 23 games so far, way too early to be forming an opinion, he could turn out to be shit for all we know

I suppose he is arguing we could still very easily slump and finish mid-table....but let's be honest, after where we were when Sousa left us I even count that as a pretty decent success. Playoffs would be a major achievement and automatic would be stuff that we would talk about for decades.

Last edited:
I suppose he is arguing we could still very easily slump and finish mid-table....but let's be honest, after where we were when Sousa left us I even count that as a pretty decent success. Playoffs would be a major achievement and automatic would be stuff that we would talk about for decades.

Yeah, I know. But that's nowhere near as much fun as taking the piss out of Ringo

:icon_lol: Top avatar!

I seem to remember that "fantastic appointment" was my conclusion so i'm happy so far.I also recall having a right go at that unbelievably pompous twat Ginetta.TBH its every bit as satisfying for me that he looks like a clueless idiot as it is for us to be doing so well at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58