Hume - fractured skull

Status
Not open for further replies.
To agree with me is to agree with a self-confessed Blue Mongie who supports Andy King, thinks Max Gradel has talent, likes the work Alan Birchenall does for the club, is glad Milan bought the club and worst of all admires Ian Holloway.
Now you have stopped agreeing with me.

AHA! So you admit it. You're in the inner circle!

Agree with the second paragraph/sentence. The first is just polemic nonsense with misplaced apostrophes.

:)

That's kind of you - but if you believe that ordinary MPs have a significant role then you know less about politics and government than you claim to know about pop culture.

That's kind of you - but if you believe that ordinary MPs have a significant role then you know less about politics and government than you claim to know about pop culture.

Actually I agree with you on all the Government crapola. Just don't agree on your punctuation.Accuracy enables efficacy.

Pop music isn't my issue. I like Radiohead, which I know is problematic. But what the hell? What part does pop music play in cultural imperialism? (this is your media 101 assignment)

Actually I agree with you on all the Government crapola. Just don't agree on your punctuation.Accuracy enables efficacy.

You missed out a space between the period and the start of the word 'Accuracy'.

HTH HAND :icon_wink

No darling. I don't call myself anything. I AM an author. 14 books. Fact of. That's how I earn my living. When I'm not turning tricks.............

Last edited:
Pop music isn't my issue. I like Radiohead, which I know is problematic. But what the hell? What part does pop music play in cultural imperialism? (this is your media 101 assignment)

Not that I would enjoy being so bold as to correct you Barbie, but he actually said pop culture, not pop music, which as I'm sure you know is more to do with mass media influenced societal and cultural opinions, ideas & memes.

Unless you were just trying to be smart & knew all along, in which case, just ignore me.

Not that I would enjoy being so bold as to correct you Barbie, but he actually said pop culture, not pop music, which as I'm sure you know is more to do with mass media influenced societal and cultural opinions, ideas & memes.

Unless you were just trying to be smart & knew all along, in which case, just ignore me.

HEY hey! yeah!

But you got the memes, and you always did.

I could go silly on Baudrillard, and Derrrida, and Foucault, and Luce Iregaray, because I read/write French fluently, but is this the time and place, or the context?

Wanna fight on pop culture, and post-modernism? Or on existentialism and Sartre and Camus? And NF Simpson and the Theatre of the Absurd?

FFS I got two first class degrees in this stuff. And bearing that in mind - and the fact that I can do Derrida (did you know what he meant by difference?) in his own langue ?

Wotever.

I ain't fussed, either way.

I'm playing stoopid, as I've discovered it's the only way to play it.

Women ain't got no choice, especially if they're 'clever'.

We are pathetic.That's how you want to see us. Let's play the game.

Anyway, enough of the sniping and overblown egos... and back to the subject matter: how's Hume doing? Does anyone know?

No overblown issues. Just basic human stuff. I believe in this.

[YOUTUBE]AratTMGrHaQ[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:
FFS I got two first class degrees in this stuff. And bearing that in mind - and the fact that I can do Derrida (did you know what he meant by difference?) in his own langue ?

Wotever.

I'm sorry but I can't let this pass. "Women ain't got no choice, especially if they're 'clever'." What a ridiculous statement.

I've never felt any need here, or really anywhere in life since I was about 10, to play "stoopid".

If eg I write post match reports, (as has been known on here more than once), that spend more time commenting on the colour of the players' boots or their hairstyles, than giving insightful analysis on the match, it's because it amuses me and not because I feel the need to hide the fact that I could also discuss Camus or Satre in their mother language. What relevance does that have on this board? "La Chute" and "La nausee" being descriptions of our season last year perhaps?:icon_wink

HEY hey! yeah!

But you got the memes, and you always did.

I could go silly on Baudrillard, and Derrrida, and Foucault, and Luce Iregaray, because I read/write French fluently, but is this the time and place, or the context?

Wanna fight on pop culture, and post-modernism? Or on existentialism and Sartre and Camus? And NF Simpson and the Theatre of the Absurd?

Wotever.

That's nice love, any chance of a cup of tea now? I've been doing a load of man-stuff and I'm parched.

What I think is great about this forum is the complete lack of any pretentiousness.

I have visions of her recording her own voice reciting her pretentious nonsense and then curling up under a quilt in ecstasy at the dulcet sounds of her own oral bile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669